View Full Version : Ucd

Bosco
21/05/2005, 1:38 PM
Nothing but a good win tonight will do.

the 12 th man
21/05/2005, 1:42 PM
Nothing but a good win tonight will do.

agreed,
we would have to expect to beat "the students" at home.

Poor Student
21/05/2005, 1:47 PM
Don't take us lightly lads. We've given Shels, Cork, Waterford and Derry a game of it this season. Actually on second thoughts, we've struggled against the poor teams, should be a win for you tonight. :p

the 12 th man
21/05/2005, 1:51 PM
Don't take us lightly lads.

would'nt dream of it,
we have been having a terrible time of it of late and am expecting it to be a lively encounter.

Maz
21/05/2005, 1:53 PM
We all expect a win tonight and we seriously need to be playing better. Who knows!! Not even gonna try calling this one!

Poor Student
21/05/2005, 1:58 PM
I think it will be a decent game. We're about the same in the table and if one of us lose we're going to begin to start trailing the upper table from the likes of Bohs upwards and push us towards even relegation. I reckon we will beat you if we play like we did against Derry, Waterford and the 2nd halves of Bohs and Pats particularly if you take your recent form into the game.

De Town
21/05/2005, 5:19 PM
I predict a dull 0-0 draw :(

the 12 th man
22/05/2005, 1:00 PM
a let down to be honest but the three points are very welcome.

as usual we played well in patches but really only got going in the second half.
andy myler did'nt have to be asked twice when a ucd defender mistakenly allowed the ball go over his head where an on rushing myler beat the stranded goalie from close range.

town piled on the pressure looking for the killer 2nd goal and went close with kirby and myler missing good goalscoring chances.

alan murphy made a pleasing return.

Sonic
22/05/2005, 2:30 PM
He got the DULL part right

pineapple stu
22/05/2005, 2:55 PM
Town piled on the pressure looking for the killer 2nd goal and went close with Kirby and Myler missing good goalscoring chances.
Piled on the pressure? I disagree! Longford sat back, pulled eight or nine men behind the ball and hit on the counter. They had a good chance or two, but they certainly didn't pile on the pressure.

Maz
22/05/2005, 4:43 PM
I dont think we can take much from the game last night except those vital 3 points it was far from a good performance from the town

Bosco
22/05/2005, 10:41 PM
The attendance was very very bad.500 I heard,thats unacceptable.I know we should be grateful to the 500 that do turn up and watch such ****e but if Sligo,in the first division are getting 1800 in and limerick 1000,we need to do better.I cant blame anyone for not going to the game last night but we need more people end of story

Poor Student
22/05/2005, 10:48 PM
Is it possible, embarrassing as it is that some decided to forgo the game for the Eurosong? Or do we just impress the people of Longford so little you couldn't be bothered to come out and see us? I don't think the Setanta could be an excuse as it would be bizarre to me that someone who was bothered to watch it could not be bothered to attend their local eL game who usually would.

Ronnie
23/05/2005, 8:09 AM
Played a lot better in games and got nothing, so we'll take the three points. Very poor crowd.

Wiseguy
23/05/2005, 9:08 AM
Poor crowd, poor performance but a much needed 3 points.

observer
23/05/2005, 9:18 AM
It is great to have got the three points but there were no happy supporters emerging from Flancare afterwards. It was an atrocious match which would have ended up a nil all draw except for a terible defensive error by UCD.
The team looks dispirited and lacking in confidence. Someone told me that Levine went walk about last week and never turned up for training. I am a hugh fan of Eric's but if that is the case then he should be disposed of immediately. Once he is gone we can concentrate on whet we have without the continual controversy surrounding his position.
By the way I do not think that loud mouths pouring abuse on individual players
will turn things around. It is not acceptable and shows that these idiots never played a competative game in their lives themselves, but boy are they brave men in the stand!. :mad:

Sonic
23/05/2005, 3:49 PM
Quite possibly (and I am NOT speaking personally), a good few went to the pub to watch the All Farce cup final, had a few drinks and stayed there for the evening. Couldn't be bothered going out to the Flansiro ..... pints to be drank and all that. And yes, you would be surprised at the number of Eurostodge fans that would stay in and watch that (again, NOT speaking personally).
btw Sonic, will you ever say something POSITIVE ??

Until the results are positive my comments will be negative like Alan Matthews tactics ;) :mad:

Martinho II
23/05/2005, 10:05 PM
delighted to get the points. where were the crowd? there was a good few of us in section o as always! a priceless moment was when one of our crew let rip at tony mcdonnell the ucd defender! apparently my mate in section o used to work where mcdonnell used to work there before him he was apparently very unpopular at work and this was stated to mcdonnell very clearly!Mcdonnell turns around and gestures at him as if to say i will see you after the match!

very unprofessional of him and I feel that was the turning point of the match as he was very poor after that!

great opportunism from myler there though! :) and he saluted at us twice after the goal! ;)

franz
24/05/2005, 8:31 AM
another three , thats great lets hope this is the start of the season for Longford. well done to the Longford Town. lets get another three next week :D :D :D

town73
24/05/2005, 8:31 AM
where were the crowd?

It has always been poor for UCD match. Recent results wouldn't have helped.

great opportunism from myler there though! :) and he saluted at us twice after the goal! ;)

Saw it last night on TV3. Excellent finish, very calm.

He was probably acknowledging his personal sponsors!

observer
24/05/2005, 8:38 AM
Your mate Martinho who shouting abuse about work matters at an opposing player is in my view as sick as the idiot in the stand who gave serious abuse to Myler in the first half. No doubt he is good at the old racial abuse as well it would fit the profile. We could do without these yobs no matter how small the crowd. good training for the few kids who do frequent Section O.

Terry Phelan
24/05/2005, 4:50 PM
sounds very funny!the whole of ucd fans counted up to a grand total of about of 6 or 7 :D :rolleyes:

Schumi
24/05/2005, 5:01 PM
the whole of ucd fans counted up to a grand total of about of 6 or 7 :D :rolleyes:
and the whole of longford fans counted up to a grand total of about 300 :rolleyes:

RockofGibraltar
24/05/2005, 6:48 PM
UCD fans will always be outnumbered by the oposition's fans;even at home!

You have to feel sorry for them!..... :D

pineapple stu
24/05/2005, 7:52 PM
The whole of UCD fans counted up to a grand total of about of 6 or 7 :D :rolleyes:
Funny that - I saw about 20 in total.

You have to feel sorry for them!.....
Wait until you come to Belfield for the return game - we'll show you what a "crowd" is like! ;)

pete
24/05/2005, 8:20 PM

You have to feel sorry for them!..... :D

Don't you mean UCD fans out numbered by UCD players ;) :D

RockofGibraltar
25/05/2005, 11:15 AM
They were on saturday night anyway! :D :D :D

Schumi
25/05/2005, 11:27 AM
Probably should point out that Saturday in Flancare was the smallest crowd at a UCD game all season.

Bosco
25/05/2005, 7:19 PM
Lads in all fairness,I have to say town fans at the moment are in no positon to slag off any other set of supporters.UCD had about 20 or so,we had 400.We were lucky that it wasnt a bigger team or we would have been outnumbered.Atleast ye noticed the UCD fans.I wonder how many bohs fans noticed the 100 or so of us spread out sitting quietly in the jodi stand politely clapping every now and then.I used to hate UCD matches but their fans were nothing but entertaining on sat and as it was such a bad game,I felt sorry for those in the stand who didnt even have the novelty of watching the students.Town fans have been **** poor home and away this season