PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Cup Fair Play Draw

paudie
20/05/2005, 1:03 PM
According to Aertel this is on 5th June.

I think that if the 2 places drawn go to Northern European countries with a higher coefficient than Ireland City will become an unseeded team in the First round.

Longford will stay seeded cos they have .5 of a point from a UEFA Cup draw a few years back.

I saw a list somewhere of the 10 or 12 countries who will be in the draw and maybe half of them would be countries that could cos us trouble.

pineapple stu
20/05/2005, 1:07 PM
Longford will stay seeded cos they have .5 of a point from a UEFA Cup draw a few years back.
That was in a qualifying round, though - doesn't count towards their club seeding.

paudie
20/05/2005, 1:14 PM
That was in a qualifying round, though - doesn't count towards their club seeding.

In that case one of City or Longford would drop in to the unseeded section.

I just checked the UEFA website.

The country with the top Fair play ranking gets a place in the First Q Rd of the UEFA Cup and all countries with a ranking of more than 8 go into a draw for 2 more places.

As of 19th April Norway were top and the countries with a ranking more than 8 were Denmark, Sweden, England, Estonia Germany and France.

If Germany are in Northern Europe (for UEFA Cup purposes) that means Estonia would have to be one of the countries drawn if one of the EL teams is not to be unseeded.

paudie
20/05/2005, 1:26 PM
Actually a German team would be more likely to go into the Central/East section along with Austria/Poland/Czech Rep.

higgins
23/05/2005, 5:05 PM
Northern
Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales.

Estonia is in the Northern section. Cork look like they will be unseeded unless that list has changed over the past month but with not many european games on I dont see how it could have. There is a big difference between teams in the seeds and unseeds so you better start crossing those fingers :)

You also have to take into account that Germany england and France are in the draw for FairPlay spot.. If these make you unseeded you then have a 1 in 4 or 5 chance of actually drawing these teams.

You dont need to be playing Spurs in the first round really!!

paudie
24/05/2005, 2:00 PM
Northern
Belgium, Denmark, Ireland, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Sweden, and Wales.

Estonia is in the Northern section. Cork look like they will be unseeded unless that list has changed over the past month but with not many european games on I dont see how it could have. There is a big difference between teams in the seeds and unseeds so you better start crossing those fingers :)

You also have to take into account that Germany england and France are in the draw for FairPlay spot.. If these make you unseeded you then have a 1 in 4 or 5 chance of actually drawing these teams.

You dont need to be playing Spurs in the first round really!!
Nothing is finalised until the Fair Play draw takes place.

In fact the odds are against us being unseeded (I think) as that would require both countries drawn to come from Denmark, Sweden or England, assuming Norway top the FP standings and get an automatic place.

If France or Germany are drawn it doesn't affect us as those clubs go into a different geographical region of the draw so we can't play them. That would also mean that we would move into the seeded section of the Northern Europe draw.
If Estonia are drawn their seeding is below us so we move up with the seeds.

higgins
25/05/2005, 3:08 PM
What section will France and Germany go into ?

paudie
26/05/2005, 8:30 AM
What section will France and Germany go into ?

France are in Mediteranean.
Germany in Central/East

As far as I know anyway