PDA

View Full Version : Cork v Derry May 27th

amarach
20/05/2005, 10:26 AM
What's your predictions on this?

I've 7 of the Brandywell Pride S.C. staying in my house so think I'll have to stay neutral :D I won a Cork City signed jersey up in Dublin a few wk's back so the lads are taking it back with them to put up in the Oak, a few of the Cork City supporters will know this bar as of being here after games last year!!!

patsh
20/05/2005, 10:34 AM
I think we wil cancel each other out. It's rarely 0 - 0 down here though, I'd go for a score draw. Depends on which City sides show up, I suppose....

Éanna
20/05/2005, 10:44 AM
Hard to tell, we've never done brilliantly at home to Derry, but our results away to them have improved. Could be a tough game, Steven Kenny is doing a great job and S O'Flynn, if fit, will be determind to do well against us.

dortie
23/05/2005, 3:11 PM
S O'Flynn, if fit, will be determind to do well against us.

He has rarely featured so far to date, although when he has he impressed, Mark Farren is starting to mature and will be a handfull for your defense on Friday night. Should be a good attacking game as usual. Hope to have a few in the Horseshoe before the game again, looking forward to the night out as usual too :D

Troy.McClure
23/05/2005, 5:03 PM
Arent these games usually one nil, often to City (Cork!) (at home).

A 2-1 comeback like last year would be great with the Behanator and Conna Maradonna on fire again :)

dortie
23/05/2005, 7:56 PM
Arent these games usually one nil, often to City (Cork!) (at home).

1-1 in November after the ref awarded Cork a dodgy penalty in the last few minutes.

Éanna
23/05/2005, 8:32 PM
1-1 in November after the ref awarded Cork a dodgy penalty in the last few minutes.Yeah, dodgy is putting it kinda mildly alright. First dodgy penalty we'd got in ages!

TommyGaynor
23/05/2005, 8:37 PM
This fixture was my first ever City league game in 1990-91, pi$$ing rain, consensus was that it would have been postponed only for the fact Derry had travelled so far. Longie scored a last minute equaliser. The memories...

pete
24/05/2005, 10:40 AM
Whoever scores first will win the game. Derry will be very hard to score against if defending a goal.

paudie
24/05/2005, 2:03 PM
Another big game for City.

Playing first and second in the table over a few days so we'll know a lot about prospects for the rest of the season by Monday night.

niamh
24/05/2005, 2:38 PM
Yup. The two games will go a long way to telling us how good we actually are this season. I've always had a lot of respect for Stephen Kenny...v good manager proven by the fact we couldn't beat them at the Cross last year, having beaten them in Derry the week before.
As for Shels game there will be alot at stake. City have proved they are capable of beating Shels this season already, so it just remains to be seen if they have the bottle...

dortie
24/05/2005, 7:05 PM
Whoever scores first will win the game. Derry will be very hard to score against if defending a goal.

Our defense is strong this year but thats when we have the ball in front of us, any looping passes to wingers/strikers over our heads and we lack speed, thats how McCourt put 2 past us when Rovers beat us a few weeks back. In saying that we have the strongest/most fit squad since i witnessed us last lift the league in 97. 8 years of middle/bottom of the table crap, its time we were back.

Best spot to go on Friday night ??? Cubins/Reardens

amarach
26/05/2005, 2:32 PM
I would say Cubins for the better laugh, Reardens was always to me a bit serious.

thecorner
26/05/2005, 5:57 PM
Best spot to go on Friday night ??? Cubins/Reardens

few of us usually hit town after the game friday nights...welcome to join us ;)

dortie
30/05/2005, 8:30 AM
few of us usually hit town after the game friday nights...welcome to join us ;)

Will do next time.....!

Looking forward to watching eircom weekly tonight, i personally thought we played crap, some others thought we were ok. O'Callaghan was excellent, Cash was our best player on the night.

Éanna
02/06/2005, 12:11 AM
Nice seeing ye all again lads. First time I ever started a chant for another club (that was me starting the "We all live in the brandywell" song BTW) :D :D