PDA

View Full Version : Episode III

tetsujin1979
20/05/2005, 9:03 AM
Anyone else see it last night? Don't want to say anything to spoil it, just wondering who else has seen it? I saw it in The Savoy at 8, first time I've been to a film in Dublin where the audience appluaded spontanteously - I've been to screenings where the director and/or cast was present and the audience clapped in respect.

Dublin12
20/05/2005, 9:08 AM
Who's in it,what's it all about?

Bluebeard
20/05/2005, 10:10 AM
I erally enjoyed it, but then I wasn't watching it as a film, I was watching it as a former religion. Strongest of the three new ones, possibly even the strongest since Empire (do need to see it again). I do believe that Lucas actually tried to make a real film, going beyond the standard base of what the films have come to mean, but the territory he needed to cover required something a hell of a lot darker. You could argue that there was a great exploration of the nature of choice in adolescence and coming to terms with responsibility, duty, and decision making, but this would ignore wookies and lightsabres, and these are vital :D

Was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see JarJar die horribly, hopefully will be on the DVD extras.

Ruairi
20/05/2005, 10:52 AM
Was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see JarJar die horribly, hopefully will be on the DVD extras.

Thankfully he didnt say a word though!! :D

It was a crackign film, went to see it twice yesterday, planning to see it again some time over the weekend.

felt sad leaving the cinema though, it was the last star wars film afterall..