PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Darryl?

superfrank
19/05/2005, 2:20 PM
Has he moved to the Mackems or what?? And now he'll be leaving do you think Willie will go too? ;)

trevy
23/05/2005, 4:04 PM
He hasn't signed for them yet despite the clubs agreeing a fee over 2 weeks ago.He hasn't played for us either in last 2 games.It seems to be taking a long time to sort it out for whatever reason.Are you talking about Willie Doyle or Willie Bruton?

RacoonQueen
23/05/2005, 4:24 PM
Heard last week that it had hit a snag and that he's now more likely to sign for Aberdeen

superfrank
23/05/2005, 5:10 PM
Are you talking about Willie Doyle or Willie Bruton?
Willie Bruton. I haven't seen much of Willie Doyle.

superfrank
23/05/2005, 5:11 PM
Heard last week that it had hit a snag and that he's now more likely to sign for Aberdeen
Where do you think Darryl'd do better?

Éanna
23/05/2005, 5:14 PM
Willie Bruton. I haven't seen much of Willie Doyle.
He'd obviously do better at aberdeen as scottish football isn't of that great a standard.

superfrank
23/05/2005, 5:18 PM
He'd obviously do better at aberdeen as scottish football isn't of that great a standard.
Actually I meant Darryl Murphy.

RacoonQueen
23/05/2005, 7:02 PM
Where do you think Darryl'd do better?

Aberdeen I'd say, unless he chose one of the Championship clubs that are also after him. I think The EPL may be a bit above him at the moment and he'd more likely be a reserve, but Sunderland seem to be investing heavily in young players at the moment so they're obviously looking to the future.
Haven't Sunderland been given a deadline of tomorrow to complete the deal?

superfrank
23/05/2005, 7:08 PM
Haven't Sunderland been given a deadline of tomorrow to complete the deal?
Not that I heard of but if Mick's really as interested as it's made out then he'll probably use the most of his powers to make the deal a certainty. Will be a pity to see him go, an exceptional talent. But that's the way it goes. :(

Poor Student
23/05/2005, 7:16 PM
Aberdeen look to be signing Bristol Rovers striker Lee Miller who is on loan at Hearts so I doubt they are after Murhpy.

RacoonQueen
23/05/2005, 7:19 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17357

RacoonQueen
23/05/2005, 7:21 PM
This is another article I've seen I think it's from an Aberdeen website

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood also hopes to sign a second striker as back-up to top scorer Darren Mackie.

That could still be Waterford hitman Daryll Murphy, whose move to Sunderland has hit a snag.

The 22-year-old was expected to complete a £100,000 transfer to the Premiership-bound Black Cats this week, but has failed to agree personal terms.

Waterford have given Murphy and Sunderland until Monday to sort things out or they will call the transfer off.

Calderwood said: "If Sunderland don't get things sorted out then we could look at Murphy again."

superfrank
23/05/2005, 7:25 PM
Thanx for the link but someones got the facts wrong cos it was £80,000 on eleven-a-side and it's £100,000 in the Aberdeen story. Thanx though. It's been nagging me.

pete
24/05/2005, 10:38 AM
Richie Foran gets his game for Mothwell so Murphy would do well in the SPL & would expect to be in start eleven or on the bench.

superfrank
24/05/2005, 5:18 PM
Richie Foran gets his game for Mothwell so Murphy would do well in the SPL
Foran's not bad though, I think his enthusiaism filtered out at Carlisle and maybe he doesn't look as good as he once did but he's still a considerable talent.

Risteard
24/05/2005, 6:41 PM
Has he moved to the Mackems or what??
Well?
Anyone have latest?
Seems a bit strange, the delay.
Might be on the rocks, i'd say.

noby
25/05/2005, 8:03 AM
Stalled on personal terms. He wants more than they're offering.

Which is all very well, but he hasn't played the last couple of matches for fear of scuppering the deal with an injury.
Apparantley it was the clubs descision, and Rennie wasn't impressed with it.
There was a rumour that last Monday was the deadline set by the club for them to sort it out. so I hope they'll see that through, and he'll be playing friday night.