PDA

View Full Version : Stag nights - best location in Ireland?

Pauro 76
19/05/2005, 11:20 AM
Me brother's getting married in August (not Martinho obviously ;) ) trying to find a good location in Ireland for the stag do, any suggestions for locations for a great night, where you dont need to worry about choosing pubs that dont allow stag groups....? (not Dublin, they've mostly banned stag dos and Galway is heading that way too..)

paul_oshea
19/05/2005, 11:39 AM
do you know where is a good aul spot and you will meet many hen nights tehre also, but not too many is kilkenny.

just a few to name:

westport, letterkenny and kilkenny would be my favaourite as a decent few pubs all close enough to eachother, with decent enough attractions at the same time.

i think towns/smaller cities are the way to go. or something completely different. for example delphi is mad, especially in august and hten you arent that far away from westport at the same time.

another great idea is a cruise down the shannon, starting in carrick ( great town by the way ) working your way down. stopping over at night in a wee town, locking the boat in the lock, getting ****ed, get up the next morning wee bit of fishing, few beers, relaxing and taking in the sites. its an alternative stag night, but guaranteed whale of a time!

town73
19/05/2005, 11:59 AM
do you know where is a good aul spot and you will meet many hen nights tehre also, but not too many is kilkenny.

Heading there this weekend for a Stag. Report hopefully on Monday, maybe Tuesday, definitely by Wednesday!

Ash
19/05/2005, 12:03 PM
Me brother's getting married in August (not Martinho obviously ;) ) trying to find a good location in Ireland for the stag do, any suggestions for locations for a great night, where you dont need to worry about choosing pubs that dont allow stag groups....? (not Dublin, they've mostly banned stag dos and Galway is heading that way too..)

Sligo is a good spot for the beer as Marty well knows :D

harpskid
19/05/2005, 12:16 PM
Donegal ;)

http://www.stagandhenireland.com/

sylvo
19/05/2005, 12:38 PM

Pauro you come from a couple of miles away from a town that has pubs everywhere, or are you all barred from them. ;)

BTW went into the Section O pub the other week, then on to Milo's. Great night.

Babysis
19/05/2005, 12:51 PM

And now your asleep! :D Dont blame you, we all would have done the same

razor
19/05/2005, 1:00 PM
Cork boy.

carrickharp
19/05/2005, 1:36 PM
Donegal Town

harry crumb
19/05/2005, 1:44 PM
Go down to West cork for the weekend.

Clonakilty
Skibereen

Pauro 76
19/05/2005, 4:40 PM
Pauro you come from a couple of miles away from a town that has pubs everywhere, or are you all barred from them. ;)

heh heh you've been there more often than I have this year... the bro has the casting vote, so will let ya know where he chooses....

aidz1
20/05/2005, 9:12 AM
not sligo nor tullamore
been there on stags and got into awful hassle trying to get into pubs together (at a sober stage i might add). ruined the night as we ended up spliting up.

ennis and cavan worked out well for other stags i was on..

fbtn
22/05/2005, 2:26 PM
Stag and Hen Ireland ( http://www.stagandhenireland.com ) is a company ran by myself and another Harps fan who owns Junction 15, the Harps pub in Ballybofey.

We run weekends for stags and hens in Donegal - you'll have no hassle getting in anywhere on our weekends with VIP passes for the nightclubs, recommendations for pubs for pub crawls, paintballing, go-karting, night at the dog track, transport when you get here, accomadation, food etc. Everything is taken care of.

Any eircom League fans looking for weekends we'll do it at a discounted rate. Get in touch via the website and mention eircom League and who you support and we'll sort yis out no probs.

Babysis
23/05/2005, 8:32 AM
my vote would be for Derry. Fantastic city, not too expensive, really nice people, lots and lots of bars.

dcfcsteve
23/05/2005, 9:10 AM
Hear, hear Babysis and Fenabhoy ! :)

Derry's yer only man ! Big enough to have everything you'd want within a very small area, but not so big that you'll be anonymous or not be allowed into places.

Get there for a Friday night and you can catch a game as well, and get the stag mentioned over the Public Address system ..... :D

Eire06
23/05/2005, 9:14 AM
Derry's yer only man ! Big enough to have everything you'd want within a very small area, but not so big that you'll be anonymous or not be allowed into places.

Can be a bit rough, big group of lads might be just askin for trouble!! :(
Haven't been there in years though so maybe its changed :o

Babysis
23/05/2005, 9:28 AM

Thats kinda the risk you take with any stag do really. I like Derry, didnt find any rougher than any other place. Sound people, and a good laugh. id actually say its better for hen nights though, as there are a rake of nice looking fellas up there. ;)

paul_oshea
23/05/2005, 11:02 AM
Roscommon seems the place.....& that's just the locals!

great idea, something different something new...

dcfcsteve
23/05/2005, 12:13 PM

Derry's only ever been 'rough' in a really weird way. Primarily for getting a random battering by a big group of kids late at night if you're on your own. Unlucky wrong time, wrong place stuff. A group of lads should be fine.

Not the sort of place that just kicks off. I've met groups of English lads who've had no trouble over there (incl 4 bad-ass lookin' South London bling-stylee fellas, who would've stood out like a sore arse in Derry, who I met on the plane back after my last trip home).

Green Tribe
23/05/2005, 2:21 PM
great idea, something different something new...

exactly......Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

;) :D :D :o

paul_oshea
23/05/2005, 3:33 PM
:D
exactly......Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

exactly!!! :D