PDA

View Full Version : McNamara Testimonial Squad Named

Eirambler
18/05/2005, 4:11 PM
Brian Kerr today named a 22 man squad for the Jackie McNamara Testimonial game versus Celtic in Celtic Park on Sunday 29th May, Kick Off 2pm.

“I am looking forward to this game as it not only recognises a great servant to the game in Jackie McNamara but it gives me an opportunity to keep the players in competitive condition for he upcoming World Cup Qualifiers versus Israel and Faroe Islands,” Brian Kerr said.

“After they have completed their club commitments Ian Harte and Steven Finnan will join up with this squad on 31st May as we prepare for the Israel and Faroe games,” the manager added.

The Brian Kerr Republic of Ireland XI squad will assemble in Dublin on 25th and 26th May and the Manager will hold a Press Conference in the Team Hotel, Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, at 1.30pm on Friday 27th May.

Gavin (Newcastle United), Kenny (Sheffield United), Murphy (West Bromwich Albion), Carr (Newcastle United), Breen (Sunderland), O’Brien (Newcastle United), Cunningham (Birmingham City), O’Shea (Manchester United), Maybury (Leicester City), Miller (Manchester United), Roy Keane (Manchester United), Holland (Charlton Athletic), A Reid (Tottenham Hotspur), S Reid (Blackburn Rovers), Quinn (Sheffield United), Kilbane (Everton), Kavanagh (Wigan Athletic), Duff (Chelsea), Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur), Elliott (Sunderland), Doherty (Norwich City), Morrison (Birmingham City).

(www.fai.ie)

Did I see the words Ian and Harte there somewhere???!

Green Tribe
18/05/2005, 4:15 PM
Deadly! :D Bring it on!!!

NeilMcD
18/05/2005, 4:17 PM
Harte is back, I am glad to see him back in the squad. If not the team

eirebhoy
18/05/2005, 4:17 PM
Harte and Stephen Reid called up. And that Gavin fella off Newcastle. ;)

McGeady must be getting a rest as he's not in any squad announced recently.

Eirambler
18/05/2005, 4:19 PM
Gavin (Newcastle United)

Jaysus, you gotta love the FAI...

NeilMcD
18/05/2005, 4:20 PM
Stephen Reid also.

Slash/ED
18/05/2005, 6:18 PM
Good to see Reid back but Doherty? ffs

FarBeag
18/05/2005, 6:52 PM
Looks Like Mackan has gone the same way as Paul Butler.One cap and then Bye Bye.

The Legend
18/05/2005, 10:36 PM
I think we capped him for the laugh

Stuttgart88
19/05/2005, 7:14 AM

Maybe because he's in the Celtic squad? Maybe MO'N is trying to avoid controversy.

Glad to see Steven Reid in there. Harte & Kerr must have kissed & made up.

Ash
19/05/2005, 8:24 AM
Get the money on now - Harte 1st goal scorer - from a free kick

drummerboy
19/05/2005, 8:28 AM
Glad to see Stephen Reid back, he has been really impressive since he has been played in central midfield. Macken and Barratt gone.

Ash
19/05/2005, 8:31 AM
I think we capped him for the laugh

Like England are doing with Zat Knight :D

Donal81
19/05/2005, 10:16 AM
I'm delighted to see Steven Reid back in the fold, he really deserves it.

Junior
19/05/2005, 10:20 AM

He'll be in the cup final squad from the day before, no way he was going to be announced in the Irish squad for this friendly.

JimmyP
19/05/2005, 11:20 AM
But what's Miller done to warrant a place? Making up the numbers?

eirebhoy
19/05/2005, 12:03 PM
He'll be in the cup final squad from the day before, no way he was going to be announced in the Irish squad for this friendly.
But its also the squad for the 2 qualifiers.

Actually, Finnan and Harte aren't listed in it, although he does mention them.

stojkovic
19/05/2005, 12:04 PM
He used to babysit for Kerr.
Same way as Mark Kennedy did for McCarthy.

eirebhoy
19/05/2005, 12:10 PM
Once you're in the squad someone (in your position) from the outside has to prove they are good enough for the team to push you out. Thats the way I see it after Kerr's 2 years in charge. :)

Stephen Reid came in to replace Barrett. Miller or Quinn are next out the door if another RM or CM proves himself.

NeilMcD
19/05/2005, 1:06 PM
Which is fair enough. There is not point in dropping players and have nobody to replace them I agree that Miller is hanging on in the squad. Harte and Reid are in for Dunne and Barret simple as taht.

NeilMcD
19/05/2005, 1:10 PM
E-Mail Print Version Add to Clippings

Kerr to bring Harte's Irish exile to end
Thursday May 19th 2005
ADVERTISEMENT

IAN HARTE'S international exile is over and the Levante defender will be included in the Ireland squad for the June World Cup qualifiers against Israel and the Faroe Islands.

The 27-year-old has been out in the cold since his move last summer to Spanish Serie A side Levante and his chances of a recall haven't been helped by a knee injury.

But Brian Kerr indicated last night that Harte will join up with the Irish squad on May 31 for the first time since he played against Poland in April 2003.

It will be welcome news to the Droghedaman who has been capped 58 times and scored nine times for his country.

Also back in the fold is Blackburn Rovers winger Steven Reid who was in tremendous form towards the end of the Premiership season.

Richard Dunne, who recently underwent a groin operation, is out, but Gary Breen is included after fears that he would require knee surgery abated following a scan.

Damien Duff is Kerr's big injury worry ahead of the World Cup qualifiers after missing the end of season run in with Chelsea with a hamstring injury.

However, he is expected to play for the Blues against Suwon Samsung in Korea on Friday and prove his fitness.

Kerr said: "I have been in regular contact with Damien and he is in good nick. The period of rest appears to have worked. "His club manager (Jose Mourinho) told Damien that he knows how important these games are for us and we will have Damien in Scotland for the Testimonial against Celtic."

Harte won't be involved in the Jackie McNamara Testimonial game against Celtic in Glasgow on May 29 because of club commitments and neither will Liverpool's Steve Finnan who is being given the weekend off to recover from next week's Champions League final against AC Milan.

Barring injury, right back Finnan will be a definite starter against Israel as Steve Carr is suspended for that game along with Roy Keane.

However, both players have been included in the squad for all three games.

Kerr intends to use the Celtic game as part of his preparation for the World Cup qualifiers and says it will play an important part in his build-up.

"I am looking forward to this game as it not only recognises a great servant to the game in Jackie McNamara but it gives me an opportunity to keep the players in competitive condition for the games against Israel and Faroe Islands," said Kerr.

Israel manager Avraham Grant has already started preparing for the trip to Dublin and is currently conducting training sessions with his squad in Tel Aviv.

He has brought in two uncapped players and there is strong speculation in Israel that the two could make their debuts in Dublin after impressive performances in the Israeli league.

Tal Hen is a defender who is seen as a replacement for the suspended Tal Ben Haim of Bolton Wanderers, while midfielder Avi Yehiel is in contention to replace the banned Walid Badir.

Meanwhile, Ireland remain in 15th place in the FIFA World Rankings while Israel, who come to Dublin on June 4, have moved up one place to 50th. Ireland's Group Four rivals France (4th), Switzerland (45th), Cyprus (109th) and the Faroe Islands (133rd) have also maintained the same rankings as last month.

onenilgameover
19/05/2005, 11:55 PM
Jaysus, you gotta love the FAI...

Oh they're onto to you....there...They have changed it....Thats possible you know......there're good wit da ol puters in there...They're super quick you know and do you know wha day did wright...day change da spellinge fram

Gavin ---> wha day ad in da first plaice---- ta ------> Givin

Tis Shay Givin don't ya know...he plays in the goal don't ya know

ARRRRRRGGGG

http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=277375&Title=Kerr+names+squad+for+Jackie+McNamara+Testimo nial&lid=Main+News&sub=Kerr+names+squad+for+Jackie+McNamara+Testimoni al&navlid=&sublid=

Green Tribe
20/05/2005, 12:28 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: will they ever get it right?

jimbob117
22/05/2005, 3:56 PM
But its also the squad for the 2 qualifiers.

Actually, Finnan and Harte aren't listed in it, although he does mention them.

So is mcgeady actually in the squad for the isreal/faroes game?

OwlsFan
22/05/2005, 5:49 PM
Well he's not playing for Ceeltic so why should he be in our squad ?

jimbob117
22/05/2005, 6:08 PM

As he's shown good potential and has got a lot more games than miller this season.

eirebhoy
22/05/2005, 7:45 PM
Murphy, O'Brien, Miller, Quinn, Doherty and Morrison also got callups mate. :)