PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for my Grandad...

liam88
17/05/2005, 8:18 PM
My grandad is going into hospital tommorow to hopefully get the all clear!
If you are religous at all could you say a quick prayer?
Thank you.

Troy.McClure
17/05/2005, 8:43 PM
Best of luck

tiktok
17/05/2005, 8:49 PM
He's in my thoughts Liam.
I know first hand 'the all clear' are words that can mean an awful lot to a family.
Hope it all goes OK.

paul_oshea
17/05/2005, 8:52 PM
best of luck to him, and will def say a prayer even though i dont know who i am praying for i.e. his name!!! :)

Anto McC
17/05/2005, 9:52 PM
I will also say a prayer for him.

Green Tribe
17/05/2005, 10:13 PM
I will also say a prayer for him.

me too, all the best.......

carrickharp
18/05/2005, 7:00 AM
Best of luck to him.

Closed Account 2
18/05/2005, 12:04 PM
good luck

Plastic Paddy
18/05/2005, 12:11 PM
He's in my prayers Liam. Send him my best regards.

:D PP

Babysis
18/05/2005, 12:12 PM
I wish you all the best. I hope you are all lucky enough to hear he has the all clear. I know how it feels to hear the opposite, and I dont wish that on anyone. Best of luck for all of you

Pat O' Banton
18/05/2005, 12:32 PM
For your granddad and the whole family, good luck hombre.

hamish
18/05/2005, 12:44 PM
Will be an honour to say a prayer for him liam88 - he's fortunate to have such a sound grandson as well.
Went through a similar situation with Mum two years ago. She'd been ill for a good while after a stroke and needed 24/7 minding and I was trying to get myself into some sort of recovery mode as well. When she passed away, it tore me apart.
The support I got from my friends, neighbours etc was brilliant.
I'm proud to be involved with all you good Footiepersons out there - you're the best and have great hearts. Bless you all and take strength from it all liam88.

Gerrit
18/05/2005, 4:40 PM
Not religious myself so not really knowing how to construct a formal prayer, but of course I wish him all the best and also all the best to you and your family. It may not be a prayer as in the classic form, but still wanted to express these words of support to you.

liam88
18/05/2005, 5:22 PM
He got the all clear! He's going back in six months for another check but that is the 3rd all clear in a row so looking good (thank you God!)
Thank you all so so much-as sirhamish said you are all brilliant people and I'm so glad to know you all! Thank you everyone of you seriously Troy, tiktok, Paul, Kerr's Tribe, D2, Dublinharp, Edmundo, PP, Babysis, Pat, sirhamish and Gerrit-it doesn't matter what kind of a prayer or good luck message it was each one meant something to me and has really really helped me-you are all amazing!
I am so so sorry to all of you who have lost loved ones-I know how I felt when my other Grandad died. I'll prey for all of you and those who have gone onto heaven.
I'll be praying for all of you who prayed of left a good luck message, even if you didn't post on here but said a prayer-you are all fookin awsome!

Thank you! Really it means so much!

paul_oshea
18/05/2005, 5:36 PM
liam wil you be my motivator? :)

im telling ye if ever im in need of a good aul cheering up/pick me up confidence i think i willl be aiming it to you. ;)

Gerrit
18/05/2005, 6:03 PM
Glad we helped you, Liam. Nice to see some simple (yet well-meant words) can make a difference.
We keep our fingers crossed for the final check-up, but it certainly looks good !

A friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer but after a very long and hard battle he won the fight. Every check-up was frightening for him, but after 5 years of good check-ups he's declared completely cured. Seeing his grandkids grow up probably is his purest luck now, he'd never have seen this if... Oh well, it didn't happen so let's not even think about that.

hamish
18/05/2005, 7:11 PM
He got the all clear! He's going back in six months for another check but that is the 3rd all clear in a row so looking good (thank you God!)
Thank you all so so much-as sirhamish said you are all brilliant people and I'm so glad to know you all! Thank you everyone of you seriously Troy, tiktok, Paul, Kerr's Tribe, D2, Dublinharp, Edmundo, PP, Babysis, Pat, sirhamish and Gerrit-it doesn't matter what kind of a prayer or good luck message it was each one meant something to me and has really really helped me-you are all amazing!
I am so so sorry to all of you who have lost loved ones-I know how I felt when my other Grandad died. I'll prey for all of you and those who have gone onto heaven.
I'll be praying for all of you who prayed of left a good luck message, even if you didn't post on here but said a prayer-you are all fookin awsome!

Thank you! Really it means so much!

Fantastic news, liam88. Y'know it's hard to get a fix on what Footiepersons are like but you seem to be a smashing bloke and your good vibes really do warm the heart.
May your granddad have happy decades ahead of him. :)
Jesus, even the Goth Gerrit is smiling - hope it doesn't crack the white face paint - just messing Gerrit. :D

Pat O' Banton
18/05/2005, 7:20 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is actually more optimistic in real life :eek: :D

Poor Student
18/05/2005, 7:24 PM
Glad for you Liam. :D

Green Tribe
18/05/2005, 8:10 PM
Great stuff Liam, I know how precious Grandparents are, my last one, my granny died 7 years ago, I really wish she was still alive today, we were so alike and close, she was amazing. When they are not around, you realise how special they were... :(

Happy for ya.... :D

liam88
18/05/2005, 9:15 PM
Thanks guys! Kerr;s tribe your so right-grandparents are so so special! Last night (the night before his check-up) me and my grandad had a game of hurling over the rec-her can still smack a sloither! :D
God bless your gran-she has an INCREDIBLE granddaughter!
Seriously i want to personally say thank you to each and everyone of you;
Troy-thanks so much for the mssage of support; it all means so much-you don't know what a great difference that message made
Tiktok-I am so glad you've also head the 'all clear' words from a family member-your right about how much it means! Your message of support was class!
Paul-thank you for praying for my grandad and not even knowing his name (tis Con :)) that just shows what a great person you are!
D2-I'm going to meet you some day with the rest of you guys I havn't met-but thank you also for dedicating a few moments of your time to prey for my grandad even though you have never met him
Kerr's tribe-A much appreciated prayer from another awsome foot.ie user-thanks for looking out for me :)! I'm praying for your Gran-I havn't know you that long but from all you've said and done I can safely say if she was as great as you heaven is very lucky.
Dublinharp-Thanks loads for the message of support; is amazing to know that people all over care
Edmundo-Thank you! Every message meant so much-just reading your few words made me smile as I know that they were written with genuine care and hope for my family
PP-Your always there for me-what else can I say ;) My grandad knows what a great bloke your prayer proves what a great bloke you are!
Babysis-I am so sorry you had to hear the opposite-your in my prayers; the one time I met you i saw what a class person you are-thanks so much for the support!
Pat O'-Your awesome! Last time I saw you was in Soho and I hope to see you again soon-even between meet ups your helping out my family just through this message-it means a load!
Sirhamish-God bless you and God bless your mum-your both in my prayers with all your family! You are right about the qaulity of people on here-all AMAZING folk-you most deffinatly are!
Gerrit-Religious or not your message really made me happy and gave me hope-it doesn't matter what the belief-you are a brilliant person!
Poor Student-Thank you so much! Glad to have ye sharign the happines-your care marks you out as a qaulity person.

Lads-your saying about my optimism and motivation-it comes from you! It's hard not to be optimistic and happy after hearing news like this and having so many OUTSTANDING people giving their support and prayers-I'm just channeling all the qaulity I get of you folks! It's an honour to know each and everyone of you.....you all rock and never forget it! That goes to all looking out for us and saying prayers even if you didn't put a post on here-YOU ARE AMAZING!

paul_oshea
18/05/2005, 9:42 PM
pat o i assume you were on about liam. well if the reverand pat o says it it must be true!! hehe look forward to meeting you at some stage liam.

tis great ye all got to have a good relationship with your grandparents. i spose it must be like having another mother and father, but that spoil you mroe and dont give out to you half as much!!! :)

sligoman
18/05/2005, 9:48 PM
Sorry Liam, just seen this thread now, I'm glad your Grandad got the all clear. Good luck and best wishes to all your family! :)

liam88
19/05/2005, 8:48 AM
Good luck to Liam's Granda'.......I've a feeling we've met.Slan.
:D he comes to all the meet-ups!
Thank you-these messages are class-brilliant to read in the morning!

Sligoman-no worries thanks loads-ya rock buddy!

Peadar
19/05/2005, 10:06 AM
He got the all clear!

Does that mean he'll be joining us for a pint again at the next meet up? :)

paul_oshea
19/05/2005, 10:14 AM
the next one being the 29th of may!!

you coming to that pa burke?

Pauro 76
19/05/2005, 11:44 AM
just spotted this thread, glad your Grandad pulled through mate. :)

harpskid
19/05/2005, 12:21 PM
Pleased that you're grandad's gotten the all clear mate

Troy.McClure
20/05/2005, 12:21 AM
Glad to hear that everythings A-ok. Enjoy the summer now!

Poor Student
20/05/2005, 12:31 AM
If you can sustain this level of positivity and optimism it may just be infectuous enough to bring world peace in a decade. :p

Liam seeming as you are a man of strong faith I am doing my exams so feel free to say a wee prayer for me. :D

Interestingly enough I read once that a survey was carried out in a US hospital. Certain patients were prayed for unknown to themselves by others and those there seemed to be a greater tendency to make an improvement if you were prayed for despite not knowing. I can't quote a source on that one but I definately read it. Make of it whatever you will.

carrickharp
20/05/2005, 6:58 AM
Great new that your Grandad got the all clear :)

paul_oshea
20/05/2005, 8:31 AM
Homer: [Looking at a globe map...country being Uruguay]
HEE HEE you are gay!

LOL :D :D

liam heard great repots again about you last night, looking forward to meeting ye. will you be up for the london v ros game?

poor stu good luck on your exams!!! :)

Drumcondra Red
20/05/2005, 8:58 AM
Glad to hear he is ok, I lost my step-grandfather a couple of weeks ago!

Good to hear its all worked out for you & you family :)

liam88
20/05/2005, 2:53 PM
Dumcondra I'm really sorry to here about your step-grandad; have said a prayer for him, you and your family.
Thanks for the message-your a class bloke.

Does that mean he'll be joining us for a pint again at the next meet up? :)
Aye that he will!!! :D
Poor student-can't wait to meet you mate! Preying for you in your exams-you'll be fine, ya appear v. clever!
I'll be trying to make it up to Laaandan especially as I probaly can't make it to Glasgow (£100 plane tickets each way!)
so Paul-looking foward to seeing you buddy!
Once again-and to all the posts since my last one-you all rock! whenever you have a crap day remember you've done a great think and just by sparing some time you've made my family and me really happy! You own!!

I heard that to about prayer Poor Student-certainly very powerful to all involved and really worth it-enever underestimate the power of it! :)

tiktok
20/05/2005, 3:00 PM
Glad to hear it all turned out well Liam88.
If Pat's right, and you're even more optimistic in real life, there must be a constant Ready Brek style Glow around you :D :D :D

Peadar
20/05/2005, 3:10 PM
there must be a constant Ready Brek style Glow around you :D :D :D

I blame the Red Bull. :D

Tiktok you must get over here some weekend.
His grandad is from your neck of the woods, if I remember correctly.

liam88
20/05/2005, 3:12 PM
I blame the Red Bull. :D

Tiktok you must get over here some weekend.
His grandad is from your neck of the woods, if I remember correctly.

To right-16 cans of the stuff can get anyone going :D
Are you from Tipp tiktok? My Grandad would love to meet ya!

hamish
20/05/2005, 5:48 PM
If you can sustain this level of positivity and optimism it may just be infectuous enough to bring world peace in a decade. :p

Liam seeming as you are a man of strong faith I am doing my exams so feel free to say a wee prayer for me. :D

Interestingly enough I read once that a survey was carried out in a US hospital. Certain patients were prayed for unknown to themselves by others and those there seemed to be a greater tendency to make an improvement if you were prayed for despite not knowing. I can't quote a source on that one but I definately read it. Make of it whatever you will.

Best of luck Poor Student and GavinZac in your exams guys - with liam88 on your side we'll expect A++++ all the way. Sending good vibes to you man.

Drumcondra Red
20/05/2005, 6:20 PM
Dumcondra I'm really sorry to here about your step-grandad; have said a prayer for him, you and your family.
Thanks for the message-your a class bloke.

Ah I'm not looking for any special treatment, it was expected, on the up side I've not a student anymore since 5pm!!! :D :D :D

hamish
20/05/2005, 7:17 PM
Ah I'm not looking for any special treatment, it was expected, on the up side I've not a student anymore since 5pm!!! :D :D :D

Welcome to the ranks of the idle rich, Drumcondra Red, enjoy!!! :D

Duncan Gardner
21/05/2005, 6:51 PM
Bet wishes to Liam sr, the best bodhran player in Cork :)

Green Tribe
22/05/2005, 3:23 AM

Jaysuus, the resurrection of Big Dunc! :D :cool:

liam88
22/05/2005, 10:13 AM
Cheers Dunc!! Welcome back-looking foward to seeing you again soon!! :D