PDA

View Full Version : Coverage of Foot.ie

Anto McC
17/05/2005, 7:31 PM
I was talking to a work mate today and he was telling me about a radio programme he was listening to which also featured the Foot.ie thread "songs that you sing" and it got me thinking.

Over the last few weeks especially,the coverage of Foot.ie in the media has been huge and that the site is not only being noticed,but it has been getting the EL itself some more coverage than it used to,the ironic thing being that while threads such as the one about the lack of positive coverage of the EL we are in a sense helping to contribute to some positive coverage without even knowing it.

With all the coverage it's fairly obvious that journalists watch this site some may even be logged on,in saying that i think it may be a good idea if one of the journalists could run a story about the site and it's good work and do a interveiw with one of the moderaters and get the site some more coverage and in turn the EL more coverage and get it a bit more recoginition from the barstool brigaid.

What do others think?

tiktok
17/05/2005, 8:43 PM
What do others think?

Honestly, I think lazy journos are having to do less research. :p :D

It's all good I guess.
The more coverage the better, whatever form it comes in.

pete
17/05/2005, 8:49 PM
I'm sure if Adam was bothered he could track them down via IP addresses.

I suppose at least the lazy journos are quoting their sources.

Is foot.ie the premier irish football forum now? Is there a rival?

Anto McC
17/05/2005, 9:29 PM
Well there using threads from this site and quoting from this site but have they asked permission

CollegeTillIDie
17/05/2005, 11:32 PM
foot.ie rocks !:D

aido_b
18/05/2005, 10:39 AM
its easier for Jounos coz they can just quote people from the website rather then having to speak to individual fans