PDA

View Full Version : Hibs to watch Cahill again

Neil
06/03/2002, 10:06 AM
Ollie Cahill will be in the shop window in a few weeks time when Cork City play Monaghan and Hibbies boss Bobby Williamson comes calling.

Hibs have already run the rule over the skilful Leeside winger who had a spell in England with Northampton Town before returning to dazzle eircom League fans with his talents.

The 26 year-old is out of contract at the end of the season and is said to be keen to try his luck one more time in Britain.

Cahill and Owen Heary were originally viewed as recruits for Kilmarnock but when WIlliamson and assistant Gerry McCabe moved on to Easter Road, they duly transfered their interest in the two players.

If City lose Cahill, there will be huge disappointment on Leeside as there will be when Pat Morley finally hangs up his boots at the end of the current term.

<soccercentral.ie>

Pablo
06/03/2002, 10:20 AM
Whatever about Kilmarnock...that'd be some move for Ollie. They are potentially the 3rd/4th club in Scotland........

pete
06/03/2002, 11:30 AM
I was originally going to say Ollie not good enough for the SPL but then again that league is poor enough minus the Old Firm. When sht elast time a non-old firm team even got through a couple of rounds in Europ?

Since the eL Premier is about mid english division 2 & Ollie C consistently one of the best players in for last 4-5 years I think he can make the move. Would SPL be english div 1 standard?

Given our recent home form is it an advantage for Ollie to be scouted at a home game? They must be very interested if the Hibs Manager coming to check him out personally.

mouldymurphy
06/03/2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by pete

Would SPL be english div 1 standard?

doub it ian gilzean (sp?) is playing in the scottish second division . he actually scored last night aswell :D

Pablo
06/03/2002, 12:15 PM
well i think there is a tier of Clubs just below the old firm, such as Aberdeen/heart/Hib who would be big clubs in their own right and who would be mid to top of the english first division...the rest as you rightly say would be second division