PDA

View Full Version : Bus to Longford

pineapple stu
17/05/2005, 6:28 PM
Hoping to do a coach to the Longford game this Saturday - anyone interested, PM myself or Schumi. Would be leaving the Montrose at about 4:00 and getting back about 11:30pm. Cost is E20, pending finding out how much the coach actually is... :) We'll lower it if we can.

the 12 th man
17/05/2005, 6:45 PM
coach actually is... :) We'll lower it if we can.

you could try low-profile tyres or letting some air out of them (the tyres) ;) :D

pineapple stu
17/05/2005, 6:55 PM
Must be a Rovers fan in disguise :rolleyes: :p (I can recognise them a mile off...!)

Our bus driver to Kilkenny last year did something similar - lowered the height of the bus by an inch or two by driving under a barrier which was too low and smashing both the sunrooves...! :eek: :)

lefty
17/05/2005, 8:08 PM
Hoping to do a coach to the Longford game this Saturday - anyone interested, PM myself or Schumi. Would be leaving the Montrose at about 4:00 and getting back about 11:30pm. Cost is E20, pending finding out how much the coach actually is... :) We'll lower it if we can.

Cant have the bus leaving that early pineapple. Theres a few of us wants to watch the FA Cup Final. To make it convenient well watch it in the Montrose, will be over before 5 giving plenty of time for a bus to longford with plenty of stops to relieve oneself of the dozen pints consumed previously

pineapple stu
17/05/2005, 9:13 PM
Hmmm...interesting point. Maybe leave at 12:00 and watch the Final in Longford?! :p

Schumi's sorting out the booking, so will let him decide based on how long they say it'll take to get down. Match kicks off at 7:30 too - bit earlier than normal, don't forget. I was making up the two hours I mentioned to you earlier - don't know how accurate that'd be. And if the game goes toe xtra-time we're in trouble! Still, we'll look into it...

Colie
17/05/2005, 9:58 PM
Cant have the bus leaving that early pineapple. Theres a few of us wants to watch the FA Cup Final.

Crap, I thought we were gonna be on one of those air conditioned luxury coaches with a TV & lounge area to watch that match in.

pineapple stu
18/05/2005, 12:43 PM
Ah now!

Checked up the AA website there - it's 80 miles from UCD to Longford; add another three to get from Longford out to the ground - website says a 2-hour trip, so would want to be leaving the Montrose no later than 5:00 I suppose.

lefty
18/05/2005, 2:28 PM
Sounds just about right. As soon as the match is over well go. Dunno if the 2 boys Kieran and Deco are going but then again they might decide to go on the day

Schumi
19/05/2005, 3:43 PM
Bus leaving at 5:00 from the Montrose, don't be late! If you're watching the FA Cup final. I suggest you watch it in the Montrose (or move quickly from Belfield at full time!). Cost is €20.

Bald Student
19/05/2005, 4:00 PM
I won't be able to make it but Mullet Student said he'd take my place.

Schumi
19/05/2005, 4:10 PM
I won't be able to make it but Mullet Student said he'd take my place.
Not that gob$hite :rolleyes: