PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup final tickets...

Poor Student
17/05/2005, 4:05 PM
SETANTA CUP TICKET DETAILS
Tickets for this Saturday's (May 21st,
kick-off 7.30pm) Setanta Cup Final
between Linfield or Glentoran and
Shelbourne will be on sale from the
final venue, Tolka Park, from this
afternoon.

Adult tickets are E15, concessions E7
and family tickets (one adult and two
children) are E20.

Shelbourne fans have been allocated the
Richmond Road (main) stand and the
Drumcondra End (new) stand.

Ticket arrangements for the Group One
winners will be announced after
tonight's Glentoran v Linfield match.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p232.htm

Could I buy them on the night or will this be sold out?

razor
17/05/2005, 7:59 PM
Could I buy them on the night or will this be sold out?Shels at home, sold out ? you're havin a laugh.
they'll be taking money at the gate.

Slash/ED
17/05/2005, 8:02 PM
They'll have the little cabin thingys right outside the ground selling tickets on the night I'd imagine.

Cosmo
18/05/2005, 8:37 AM
Jaysus lads, does nobody think this will be sold out?

Like a lot of neutrals should be going into the shels end and im sure linfield would sell their allocation, no?

pete
18/05/2005, 8:51 AM

Absolutely no chance. Shels will get 3k maximum 'home' support which leaves 8k betwen neutrals & Linfield. Even Fenlon said on tv he "hoped to have a hull house" when interviewer assumed foregone conclusion.

Ronnie
18/05/2005, 8:58 AM
All depends on what happens with Linfield - I would not be surprised if they had about 4 or 5 thousand down, they are a much better supported club than all but Cork in the South.

Macy
18/05/2005, 9:25 AM

Like a lot of neutrals should be going into the shels end and im sure linfield would sell their allocation, no?
Cosmo, fact is Shels have done for the neutral support by their comments in the past (see other thread). It'll depend on how many Linfield bring, and I reckon they could bring enough to make it the full house....

dcfcsteve
18/05/2005, 10:34 AM
All depends on what happens with Linfield - I would not be surprised if they had about 4 or 5 thousand down, they are a much better supported club than all but Cork in the South.

I'm not convinced that Linfield fans have taken the Setanta to heart.

Look at the game last night - only 2 weeks beforehand, Linfield lost the Championship to the Glens at the Oval through an injury time goal in front of a sold-out stadium. Plenty of reasons for last night's Setanta game to be a huge grudge/revenge game. Yet the crowd was very poor - I don't know the Oval, but I'd guess 2,500-3,000 absolute tops.

If Linfield fans don't turn out to see what was effectively a Setanta semi-final on their own doorsetp against their biggest rivals, why would so many of them head down to Dublin 4 days later? Especially when they can just watch it on telly..... ?

-lamb-
18/05/2005, 10:57 AM
linfield fans boycotted last nights game in big numbers as they blame glentoran for restrictions on their ticket allocation after the trouble at the league decider.
but i agree about not taking it to their hearts so far. maybe now they are in the final and our league is over they might get a good turnout.

by the way, the family ticket for 1 adult 2 kids at 20 euro seems a nice deal.
well done on that setanta

Wiseguy
18/05/2005, 10:58 AM
I don't think 4 or 5k Linfield fans will travel but they will still come in numbers.4 or 500 made it to Longford so surely 2,500 ? will go to Tolka considering how easy it is to get to Dublin from Belfast.They may well treat it as an end of season **** up.I'm going anyway so c'mon Shels.
Shels 3 - 1 Linfield

Krstic
18/05/2005, 10:58 AM
I'm not convinced that Linfield fans have taken the Setanta to heart.

Look at the game last night - only 2 weeks beforehand, Linfield lost the Championship to the Glens at the Oval through an injury time goal in front of a sold-out stadium. Plenty of reasons for last night's Setanta game to be a huge grudge/revenge game. Yet the crowd was very poor - I don't know the Oval, but I'd guess 2,500-3,000 absolute tops.

If Linfield fans don't turn out to see what was effectively a Setanta semi-final on their own doorsetp against their biggest rivals, why would so many of them head down to Dublin 4 days later? Especially when they can just watch it on telly..... ?

Was it not the case that Linfield were only offered 500 tickets because of the trouble at the league game a few weeks back???

Besides, I think the Northwest 200 may keep more Linfield fans away, isn't that on this weekend as well???

-lamb-
18/05/2005, 11:00 AM
Besides, I think the Northwest 200 may keep more Linfield fans away, isn't that on this weekend as well???

that too, almost forgot about it.

Schumi
18/05/2005, 12:29 PM
I thought Glentoran weren't going to sell them any tickets after the trouble in the league game. Makes no odds to me anyway, I'll be in Longford. :D

gspain
18/05/2005, 2:40 PM
Got my ticket at Tolka at lunchtime still loads available.

I think the FA Cup final on TV will stop lots from travelling.

Slash/ED
18/05/2005, 2:42 PM
Got my ticket at Tolka at lunchtime still loads available.

I think the FA Cup final on TV will stop lots from travelling.

I'd hope not, most Linfield fans are traveling in early and watching the cup final in Dublin before the match afaik.

wintz
18/05/2005, 10:31 PM
Linfield were only given 750 tickets due to Health and safety issues at the oval. There was a talked about boycott due to this but we seemed to sell most of them.

I have heard that we have been given 2000 tickets with more if required. Todays first day sales were around 700>800, hopefully we can bring around 2000 but with North West and FA Cup im not sure.

dcfcsteve
19/05/2005, 12:23 AM
Besides, I think the Northwest 200 may keep more Linfield fans away...

Don't believe a word of it Krstic - the Northwest 200 are innocent........ :D

Ba-boom !

dcfcsteve
19/05/2005, 12:25 AM
I have heard that we have been given 2000 tickets with more if required. Todays first day sales were around 700>800, hopefully we can bring around 2000 but with North West and FA Cup im not sure.

Not bad sales at all for the first day Wintz !

At this rate you may genuinely outnumber Shels fans in their own ground ! Though I reckon their numbers will appear artifically boosted by the neutrals....

Cosmo
19/05/2005, 8:14 AM
Got my ticket yesterday - fairly classy!!

Disappointed to hear linfield reckon they'll only bring 2000 - I thought they'd bring alot more :o

ltfc_2004
19/05/2005, 9:17 AM
quick question, what time is the ticket office open at overin Tolka and till what time ?

Slash/ED
19/05/2005, 12:30 PM
Someone on the Shels forum says they're on sale until 11:30 but I don't know myself.

pineapple stu
19/05/2005, 12:42 PM
Could I buy them on the night or will this be sold out?
You not heading out to Longford, then? Fly by night! :p

higgins
19/05/2005, 4:15 PM
At this rate you may genuinely outnumber Shels fans in their own ground ! Though I reckon their numbers will appear artifically boosted by the neutrals....

Theres just no way to argue with that is there? ... :(
Sad post!!

Anyway you can get tickets all day from the office and in the bar during the evening i think .