PDA

View Full Version : Next season

Pablo
06/03/2002, 9:30 AM
the new season isnt that far away ya know.
anyone know when the actual start date is? and dont say "after the world cup" please.

i wonder when the fixtures will be made out.

joe
06/03/2002, 9:33 AM
i wouldn't be so sure that it will be after the world cup. i seem to recall that when they postponed from june to july that it was to avoid clashing with ireland's world cup games rather than the world cup itself and that the season would kick-off while the world cup was still on.

same ol', same ol'....... can't plan anything with this league :rolleyes: :mad:

Pablo
06/03/2002, 9:37 AM
i read that too, but then i think they made the decision to defer till after the WC...i may be wrong though.

it'b be nice to know.

i'm sad enough to plan my summer holiday around matches......really sad i know

joe
06/03/2002, 9:50 AM
Originally posted by Pablo

i'm sad enough to plan my summer holiday around matches......really sad i know

isn't that what everyone does?

Pablo
06/03/2002, 9:52 AM
i would like to think so Joe, but whenever i bring it up in sane company thay look at me like i am a nut.
When the conversation continues and i mention the Team is CCFC they call the men in the white coats......

Jim Smith
06/03/2002, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by Pablo
When the conversation continues and i mention the Team is CCFC they call the men in the white coats......

GAA refs? Their strangle hold on the country is strong indeed :D

pete
06/03/2002, 10:10 AM
AFAIK they did actually delay the start of the season until the WC was completely finished. I think it starts on the first week of July. I'm sure it will be the first weekend after the WC final. If you really badly need to know a simple mail to roy.dooney@fai.ie should get you the answer you need.

Hopefully people in your company Pablo haven't discovered the "official" site. I'm not sure how some people in my company came across but I just explain away as a new much needed revenue source cos irish football fans won't watch their own teams

;)

searcher
06/03/2002, 12:48 PM
The weekend of the 7th July from what I heard last.
http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news.php?newsid=119