PDA

View Full Version : UCD v CCFC

Pages : [1] 2

pete
05/03/2002, 4:12 PM
Anyone know when this game scheduled for?

Sunday March 17th?

patsh
05/03/2002, 4:17 PM
Originally posted by pete
Sunday March 17th?
At the moment, this is going ahead as planned,
Sunday 17th March @ Belfield
UCD vs Cork City............. :)

Peadar
05/03/2002, 4:55 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
At the moment, this is going ahead as planned,
Sunday 17th March @ Belfield

Aren't Nemo in Croker that day?
I'd be surprised if they played it on that day.
Is the Monday a Public Holiday by any chance?

pete
05/03/2002, 5:12 PM
Originally posted by Peadar

Hows Nemo going to affect the crowd Peadar? Sure be barely 50 or so city supporters at the match anyway?

Monday 18th is a public holiday since Patricks Day on a weekend.

James
05/03/2002, 5:16 PM
duno bout nemo game affecting the crowd at an away game. but it certainly does affect home games, cause last season when nemo were playing think twas county final or something city were also playing at home at the cross and the crowd that day was a complete load of pants ..
which is understandable seeing as Nemo, come from Capwell, and the X area

Monday 18th is a sickie day for i think :D

Schumi
05/03/2002, 5:24 PM
Who are Nemo?

James
05/03/2002, 5:39 PM
second greatest GAA football team in Cork... after Ilen Rovers..
The great Colin Corkery plays for them..(had a great game in the semi final..which was on TG4)..and this has gone so far off topic that its even left the scope of this website..but thenv again i suppose schumi did ask

Anyway UCD = Scum and we better off if they go down..cause i hate trvelling up to belfield and they have no fans and we never seem to win there..grrr

come to think of it we rarely if ever beat tem at home either...

anyway g'luck Nemo agaist those mucksavages from Crossmolina

joe
05/03/2002, 5:42 PM
Originally posted by James

Anyway UCD = Scum and we better off if they go down..cause i hate trvelling up to belfield and they have no fans and we never seem to win there..grrr

yeah, you must really hate travelling up there so often james. how many times is it now? ;)

Schumi
05/03/2002, 5:49 PM
we better off if they go down

You'll have to wait another year at least. :) :)

Pablo
05/03/2002, 6:05 PM
ah yes. we shall have the joy of gasing in awe at the splendour and downright magnificence of the AIB stand in Belfield for a least 1 more year ;)

Schumi
05/03/2002, 6:22 PM
Apparantly there are plans to do up the ground to a 3-4000 all seater similar to the stand in the Brandywell all the way round but I'm not holding my breath.

goalside
05/03/2002, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by pete

Sunday March 17th?
hope it wont clash with the parade. i go every year

yan
05/03/2002, 10:09 PM
cork double

patsh
06/03/2002, 7:00 AM
Originally posted by goalside

hope it wont clash with the parade. i go every year
Judging by some of the comments you post here, goalside, you must be one of the comedians in the parade............. :D

dalo
06/03/2002, 8:01 AM
hopefully Nemo will get stuffed (you have to undertsand it's a Northside thing)

as for the UCD game yeah I will be at it as well although hopefully it won't be too much hassle getting to belfield on public transport (what with the parade). then after that it's off to see Ian brown in the Olympia.

really hate playing UCD :mad:

pete
06/03/2002, 9:44 AM
second greatest GAA football team in Cork...

Whats GAA football?

The true football is the association one!

;)

niamh
06/03/2002, 12:53 PM

Nemo are playing the final in Semple Stadium as the Croker is not ready.

goalside
06/03/2002, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

Judging by some of the comments you post here, goalside, you must be one of the comedians in the parade............. :D
no actually i just like seing all the dignitoreis in the stand. do you think liam murphy should be invited.

patsh
07/03/2002, 7:04 AM

no actually i just like seing all the dignitoreis in the stand. do you think liam murphy should be invited.
Why not, I'm sure they'll need a Liam the Leprachaun about the place! :p

Troy.McClure
07/03/2002, 9:53 AM
I find it a bit more than ironic that I cant actually make the UCD match! :(

PS Schumi, were you at the SSS table quiz last week? What was the story with the questions? They were IMPOSSIBLE! :mad:

fonzi
07/03/2002, 10:18 AM
go away out of that bay
BISHOPSTOWN ARE THE BEST IN CORK

dalo
07/03/2002, 10:22 AM
soft southsiders. sure ye have all perks down there :D

Schumi
07/03/2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

PS Schumi, were you at the SSS table quiz last week? What was the story with the questions? They were IMPOSSIBLE! :mad:

I was helping to run the quiz. I'm the society secretary. I thought the questions were fair enough but when the winners got 57/60 I came to the conclusion that they were far too easy!

Did you make the Simpson's quiz last week? With a name like that, I imagine you might have.

Troy.McClure
07/03/2002, 4:03 PM
No, didnt see that one. Our table was about the only one to get the Fulham question right, and then ye had to go and take it out, GRRR :mad: Some of those questions were far too abstract, Id say that there was a bit of 'inside help' for the winners :mad:

Why do you ask about my name & The Simpsons by the way? My name is Troy McClure and Ive never seen the Simpsons... You might remember me from such matches as 'Derry get a poxy last minute goal', 'Another boring match against Cork' & 'The 3-1 arse whipping from Rovers'

Éanna
11/03/2002, 2:08 PM
do you think liam murphy should be invited.
Firstly, he'd scare too many children but apart from that- reasons not to invite Liam:
1. He won't sit down in his seat but stand motionless for almost the entire game, only moving twice to turn and look at the bench and change his facial expression.
2. He'll come out after the game saying that the stands were the wrong shape, the grass was 0.000002mm too long for a good game of football, that the honest lads in the team got beat because the fans were on their backs- fans who know "nothing about football"
3. What kind of flaming DIGNATORY is that git anyway?! You'd want to be bloody stuck!

joe
11/03/2002, 2:17 PM
getting back on-topic for a sec - is kick-off on sunday at 2.30 pm? who's going to be there?

Schumi
11/03/2002, 2:52 PM
It's at 3:15 I assume. That's when the games are usually on.

Schumi
11/03/2002, 3:04 PM
For some reason, it is being played at 2:30. That'll give more drinking time afterwards I suppose. :)

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=91456&messageid=1015856332

Peadar
11/03/2002, 3:09 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
It's at 3:15 I assume.

The game has been confirmed for 15:15 in the eircom League list of fixtures for this week...

Schumi
11/03/2002, 3:40 PM
Where did you see that? The list on JW's message board says 2:30 (see link above).

Although given that our game away to Derry tomorrow only seems to have been confirmed today, I'm not really surprised about this confusion.

Peadar
11/03/2002, 3:55 PM
Where did you see that? The list on JW's message board says 2:30.

It must be true so!

Ring the eircom League office in Merrion Square and ask them.

Peadar
13/03/2002, 9:05 AM
I forgot to tell you all that the eircom League comfirmed the KO for the game against UCD to be 14:30

joe
14/03/2002, 9:27 PM
so far i have seen three different kick-off times for this match. It started off as 3.15 pm, which quickly became 2.30 pm and is now 2.15 pm.

???????????????????????????????????????

Maybe by the time Sunday rolls around it will be a noon kick-off or something!

I love the eircom League!

Peadar
15/03/2002, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by joe
so far i have seen three different kick-off times for this match. It started off as 3.15 pm, which quickly became 2.30 pm and is now 2.15 pm.

The Administration Secretary of the eircom League, Jenni Stanley, told me that the game is scheduled for a 1430 KO.
That was on Wednesday and I believe her.

Schumi
15/03/2002, 9:58 AM
The game is at 14:15 definately. Confirmed from the UCD Sports' Dept.

Peadar
15/03/2002, 10:13 AM
The game is at 14:15 definately.

Ok that's grand.
It's the same thing to be there for 1415 as it is to be there for 1430
Any chance the KO will be delayed to allow the crowds to get in?

dalo
15/03/2002, 10:17 AM
is the number 10 a regular service from UCd? btw does anybody know if there will be big travel restrictions in the city centre on that day as it is paddy's day. getting back could be difficult!?

SÓC
15/03/2002, 10:44 AM
Getting back can be more than difficult, one year I had to walk most of Dublin because a nice Dub police man would not let me walk across the road when the Parade was on. Allow extra time for getting back to train station if thats the way you are going.

Schumi
15/03/2002, 11:10 AM

Any chance the KO will be delayed to allow the crowds to get in?

Only if the parade is rerouted through Belfield Park.

The 10 is an extremely regular service to Belfield: every 15 minutes or so on Sundays. It has diversions on Sunday for the parade

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/timetable_and_route_news.asp?action=view&news_id=61

I don't know if it will stop on Baggott St. or if it will continue from there, it's not all that clear.

Peadar
15/03/2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by dalo
btw does anybody know if there will be big travel restrictions in the city centre on that day as it is paddy's day.

Have a look here (http://www.stpatricksday.ie/cms/events_traffic.html#tr-parade) to read about the craic in Dublin for the weekend.

pete
15/03/2002, 11:55 AM

The 10 is an extremely regular service to Belfield: every 15 minutes or so on Sundays. It has diversions on Sunday for the parade

http://www.dublinbus.ie/news_centre/timetable_and_route_news.asp?action=view&news_id=61

I don't know if it will stop on Baggott St. or if it will continue from there, it's not all that clear.

Yeah dublinbus site isn't too clear at all. I think however they must be showing the changes in the routes surely as no reason for it not to got to belfield at all on sunday?

Route 10:
Northbound: From Baggot Street via Fitzwilliam Street, Merrion Square East and North, Lincoln Place, Westland Row, Pearse Street, Tara Street, Butt Bridge, Beresford Place, Gardiner Street, North Circular Road to normal route at Doyle’s Corner.
Southbound: From North Circular Road via Dorset Street, Gardiner Street, Memorial Road, Matt Talbot Bridge, Moss Street, Townsend Street, Lombard Street, Westland Row, Merrion Square to Baggot Street.

Route 46A:
Leeson Street, right to Fitzwilliam Street, Merrion Square, and terminate there.
From City: Merrion Square South, Fitzwilliam Street, left to Leeson Street and onto normal route.

I think i'll use the very regular 46A as a backup anyway.

btw anyone know where the nearest pub to belfield is? I'm assume the college bar not be open?

Schumi
15/03/2002, 12:43 PM
The Students' Bar is closed on Sundays so that's no good. We generally go over to the Montrose hotel across the dual carriage way. They have free sandwiches and sausages after the game! The Sports' Bar down the other end of UCD is usually open on Sundays.

I can't see any reason why the 10 wouldn't go to Belfield but reason doesn't always come into Dublin Bus's actions. If you e-mail them, I'm sure they'll clarify.

joe
15/03/2002, 5:19 PM
tonight's echo says the game is on at 2 o'clock!

Peadar
15/03/2002, 5:47 PM
Lads there's major work being carried out at Hueston station so all train passengers will have to make part of the journey by bus. If you're getting the train between Saturday and Monday allow for the disruption in your journey time.
Read more here at Irish Rail Online (http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/general_news.asp?action=view&news_id=5)

Schumi
15/03/2002, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by joe
tonight's echo says the game is on at 2 o'clock!

Is it beyond the wit of the league to circulate the correct KO times?

I'd be almost certain it's at 2:15, the posters in Belfield say that as did a club official one of us e-mailed.

Neil
16/03/2002, 11:45 AM
Are many City fans going to Belfield tomorrow?

or by the same token...

Are many UCD fans going to Belfield tomorrow?

Éanna
16/03/2002, 1:07 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Are many UCD fans going to Belfield tomorrow?

don't you mean is the ucd fan taking any friends to the game tomorrow?!

Colm
16/03/2002, 5:25 PM
I was going to go but after wednesdays result, i couldnt be bothered. No more away games for me until next season

joe
16/03/2002, 5:30 PM
there's room in the car if anyone's interested

?????????????????????????????????????????

Peadar
17/03/2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by joe
there's room in the car if anyone's interested

Being shipped off to the UK for six months so this may well be my last game for a while anyone up for a few scoops give me a shout.

mailto: Peadar_O_Sullivan@hotmail.com

Joe you have my number...