PDA

View Full Version : A new breed of fan wanted - No experience nessesary

Pages : [1] 2

blobbyblob
16/05/2005, 3:56 PM
Having been a regular visitor here over the last x amount of months I must say that ive been happy on most occasions to sit back and absorb the opinions and views of others. Having recently reflected, i conclusion I have come to is that foot.ie in Ireland Supporters Terms is like a primary school yard at play time with its respective gangs.

As always in the schoolyard theres the "your not one of us until you do what we say gang". They always had 10 commandments

They are as follows.....
1. You must have an Eircom League club jersey
2. You must not take the Eircom Leagues name in vain.
3. Honour thy Tolka and Turners Cross
4. Thou shalt attend at least 15 home games and 5 away games to fulfil the YNOOUUYDWWSB code of ethics
5. Thou must not talk, watch or wear english football related products
6. Thou must not wear a suit.
7. If someone outside the group has a point, argue them down regardless of how valid the argument
8. You have to go to loads of away matches or you have some serious explaining to do and wont be taken seriously.
9. You must hate the GAA and every other code thats not soccer.
10. You cant say soccer

Lads..come on out and publish an offical Code of Ethics if this one doesnt fit the bill.......

Theres the "Im new here who want to be in the gang but just dont cut it on one or more of the above conditions group". The perennial under achievers

Theres the Ill keep to myself person that stays at the back of the bike shed until they have something worth saying and then retire

Well. As in all radical school yards....Im forming a break away group here

Were going to be called the Do, wear, support, spell and go where you like supporters of Ireland Brigade.

Were non confrontational, non comformist, non commital society and welcome all colours and creeds and clothes wearers. GO THE IRELAND SOCCER ARMY. We do exactly what it says on the tin.

Whos with me...

In true Do, wear, support, spell and go where you like supporters of Ireland Brigade fashion, I hope I havent offended anyone here.

Junior
16/05/2005, 4:04 PM
me me me me me :D :D :D

blobbyblob
16/05/2005, 4:06 PM
If we build it Junior they will come...

Kingdom
16/05/2005, 4:11 PM
I'll come onto anything that is built.

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 4:13 PM
LOL.

blobbyblob blob, the thing is all internet forums are like this, as they are setup for in general hard core enthusiats, with some that browse regularly but dont generally post too often. those that post more often are the hard core element etc.

blobbyblob
16/05/2005, 4:20 PM
LOL.

blobbyblob blob, the thing is all internet forums are like this, as they are setup for in general hard core enthusiats, with some that browse regularly but dont generally post too often. those that post more often are the hard core element etc.

Yeah - Well, were gonna be hardcore at not being hardcore.

Green Tribe
16/05/2005, 4:30 PM
:D Go on the Blob! :D

dynamo kerry
16/05/2005, 4:41 PM
I'm easily in the third group there. everything I utter is of course valid and completly sensible.

robbie for president

Cowboy
16/05/2005, 5:01 PM
I will never join a club that would accept me as a member.

Pat O' Banton
16/05/2005, 5:25 PM
As I'm doing nothing better this evening I may as well join.

Pat O' Banton
16/05/2005, 5:28 PM
In fact just to keep it realistic I have decided to form a splinter group called the Real Do, wear, support, spell and go where you like supporters of Ireland Brigade, and I call upon everyone to follow the values of 'non commital hardcorism'

supasparx
16/05/2005, 6:49 PM
Just popped up from the back of the bike shed to say 'I'm in'. :D

hamish
16/05/2005, 8:31 PM
People of Footieland - I love you.
:D :D :D

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 8:44 PM
hamish LOL, that is the funniest things ive heard in ages.

the aul fella, breaks into a "people of ireland i love you" every so often..he is very religious but i think he saw through that for what it was. and depending on where we are he will break into a people of ireland i love you. can remember it for yonks.

LOL, thats made my day.

here ye blobbybobb, is there a member subscription for this new "club" and do we have more hardcore for non hardcore stuff people? i.e. so i can be more non hardcore for not being hardcore than you by posting more etc??

i think foot.ie people of ireland should be the motto.

hamish
16/05/2005, 8:53 PM
er.....I meant that in the universal sense of the word..love. Foot.ie needs more lurve...too much bitching for auld softies like me.

Anyway, you're ok Paul O'Shea since you gave me the disco for Kerrs Tribe's wedding. :D

This is becoming surreal and its Blobbyblobs fault, so it is.

Green Tribe
16/05/2005, 9:05 PM
er.....I meant that in the universal sense of the word..love. Foot.ie needs more lurve...too much bitching for auld softies like me.

Anyway, you're ok Paul O'Shea since you gave me the disco for Kerrs Tribe's wedding. :D

This is becoming surreal and its Blobbyblobs fault, so it is.

My wedding to The Morrison? :D

blobbyblob
16/05/2005, 9:06 PM
i will have to question your "excessive" posting but under our own rules its cool if a little disturbing

i suppose we'll need a manefesto

1. equal rights for barstoolers
2. celtic jerseys are deadly

Raises an interesting question worthy of a barstool. Would a Gang 1 person explode on impact with a Man Utd jersey?

Green Tribe
16/05/2005, 9:10 PM
not allowed to join your gang then, excessive posters ??!!! :mad: :D

hamish
16/05/2005, 9:10 PM
My wedding to The Morrison? :D
The Morrison?? Que?? :confused:

Green Tribe
16/05/2005, 9:11 PM
clint!!!
blobbyblob will kick u out of his gang for excessive posting :rolleyes: :D

hamish
16/05/2005, 9:13 PM
Ah Jaysus, not Clinton Morrison again. :eek:

blobbyblob
16/05/2005, 9:19 PM
excessive posting is welcome here

Green Tribe
16/05/2005, 9:24 PM
excessive posting is welcome here

oh, ok then, i was considering Pat 'O's option of forming a splinter group of my own. CMSA - Clinton Morrison's Stalking Association :o :D

You seem to be racking up quite a few supporters there blobbyblob :ball:

Karlos
16/05/2005, 9:28 PM
They are as follows.....
4. Thou shalt attend at least 15 home games and 5 away games to fulfil the YNOOUUYDWWSB code of ethics
7. If someone outside the group has a point, argue them down regardless of how valid the argument
8. You have to go to loads of away matches or you have some serious explaining to do and wont be taken seriously.
10. You cant say soccer

I'd like to nominate this for post of the month as soon as i can figure out how to actually do that!! :D

I think it's only fair however that i air my dislike for the GAA before joining (long story, not worth telling!) - I'm sure you'll forgive me my one black mark!!! :D

livehead1
16/05/2005, 10:21 PM
sometimes i get the worrying feeling that some people just post to increase their little tally in the top right hand corner....

Cowboy
16/05/2005, 10:45 PM
no i dont :)

hamish
16/05/2005, 11:01 PM
no I dont either!! :D :D

hamish
16/05/2005, 11:16 PM
I'll come onto anything that is built.

Disgusting habit - control yourself, Kerry Boy!!! :D :D

Green Tribe
16/05/2005, 11:40 PM
sometimes i get the worrying feeling that some people just post to increase their little tally in the top right hand corner....

it is worrying that you actually think that people think like that :rolleyes:

who actually looks at their tally anyway? :rolleyes:

hamish
16/05/2005, 11:43 PM
it is worrying that you actually think that people think like that :rolleyes:

who actually looks at their tally anyway? :rolleyes:

ooooooooo scratch hisssssssss mmeeeeeee-oowwwwwwwww :D

blobbyblob
17/05/2005, 8:26 AM

I unashamedly do - what else is there in life.

Thats whats beautiful at being hardcore at not being hardcore.

You can talk nonsense and not feel guilty about it.

Get on the foot.ie Lurve train. We have a one way ticket to redemption brothers and sisters...sing it with me

Celebrate Jesus celebrate

blobbyblob
17/05/2005, 8:32 AM
Getting back on topic.

I'd would encourage all the hardcore at not being hardcore people to make some noise in lansdowne for the remaining qualifiers. We only get one crack at this campaign. No regrets boys and girls.

If someone tells you sit down and shut up, stand taller and sing louder. Amen!

drummerboy
17/05/2005, 8:50 AM
I'd be delighted to join your group Mr Blooby, and voice my support at Landsdowne, only I don't have a b****y ticket

blobbyblob
17/05/2005, 9:03 AM
I'd be delighted to join your group Mr Blooby, and voice my support at Landsdowne, only I don't have a b****y ticket

Theres always the barstool :)

sylvo
17/05/2005, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=blobbyblob]Having been a regular visitor here over the last x amount of months I must say that ive been happy on most occasions to sit back and absorb the opinions and views of others. Having recently reflected, i conclusion I have come to is that foot.ie in Ireland Supporters Terms is like a primary school yard at play time with its respective gangs.

As always in the schoolyard theres the "your not one of us until you do what we say gang". They always had 10 commandments

They are as follows.....
10. You cant say soccer

Lads..come on out and publish an offical Code of Ethics if this one doesnt fit the bill.......

BB Your going to have to maybe do an eleventh commandment

THOU SHALL NOT FOLLOW CELTIC. OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THEM.

blobbyblob
17/05/2005, 10:23 AM
No maybe about it - thats officially in

Nice wan Syl

sylvo
17/05/2005, 6:35 PM
No maybe about it - thats officially in

Nice wan Syl

Myself and the other fans of that certain club which shall remain nameless can sit back and sip on our pint bottles of Bulmers, and think about our court visits in peace now BB. ;)

Colie
17/05/2005, 7:55 PM
Getting back on topic.

I'd would encourage all the hardcore at not being hardcore people to make some noise in lansdowne for the remaining qualifiers. We only get one crack at this campaign. No regrets boys and girls.

If someone tells you sit down and shut up, stand taller and sing louder. Amen!

Thats just plain trying to be hardcore. It's Animal Farm all over again.

paul_oshea
17/05/2005, 10:31 PM
Myself and the other fans of that certain club which shall remain nameless can sit back and sip on our pint bottles of Bulmers, and think about our court visits in peace now BB

sylv there is no need to be so ashamed of london Gaelic football club.

mountie
17/05/2005, 10:56 PM
blob, I wanna be in your gang, sorry said too much already, please forgive. :(

Junior
18/05/2005, 8:13 AM
blob, I wanna be in your gang, sorry said too much already, please forgive. :(

he's our leader, he's out leader, blobby is the leader of our gang :D

drummerboy
18/05/2005, 8:27 AM
I think anybody who can sing the National Anthem should be banned from our club

sylvo
18/05/2005, 9:33 AM
sylv there is no need to be so ashamed of london Gaelic football club.

You can count yerself lucky that in this gang we can talk about GAA matters.

BTW, i've got a feeling this year is going to be our year. :D :cool: ;)

paul_oshea
18/05/2005, 9:48 AM
BTW, i've got a feeling this year is going to be our year.

ya ye might score a goal alright! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Cowboy
18/05/2005, 4:02 PM
I think anybody who can sing the National Anthem should be banned from our club

**** thats me out then :)

Cowboy
18/05/2005, 4:03 PM
You can count yerself lucky that in this gang we can talk about GAA matters.

BTW, i've got a feeling this year is going to be our year. :D :cool: ;)

Sylvo you reckon London can win the provincial ?

Pat O' Banton
18/05/2005, 4:56 PM

Provincial? We're not stopping at some Mickey Mouse title that may satisfy teams like Sligo or Letrim who have never seen the inside of a stadium on All Ireland Sunday. Its regaining the All Ireland, so cruelly robbed from us since 1904 that we want and an open top bus parade from The Mall to Cricklewood Broadway(falling that around South Ruislip station then!)

Cowboy
18/05/2005, 5:49 PM
Provincial? We're not stopping at some Mickey Mouse title

Does Mickey Mouse wear an FAI watch?

sylvo
18/05/2005, 6:34 PM

Cowboy we could do with your support as well on sunday week, we may have to fly you over to add to the support. :eek:

Cowboy
18/05/2005, 8:08 PM
Cowboy we could do with your support as well on sunday week, we may have to fly you over to add to the support. :eek:

hey i'm always ready to support my county