PDA

View Full Version : Ireland Squad to tour Japan

Roo69
16/05/2005, 3:44 PM
Forwards: Simon Best (Ulster), Reggie Corrigan (Leinster), Leo Cullen (Leinster), Simon Easterby (Llanelli), Trevor Hogan (Munster), Marcus Horan (Munster), Bernard Jackman (Connacht), Denis Leamy (Munster), Matt McCullough (Ulster), Eric Miller (Leinster), Johnny O'Connor (Wasps), Frankie Sheahan (Munster), Roger Wilson (Ulster)

Backs: Tommy Bowe (Ulster), Kieran Campbell (Ulster), Girvan Dempsey (Leinster), Gavin Duffy (NEC Harlequins), Anthony Horgan (Munster), David Humphreys (captain, Ulster), Kieran Lewis (Leinster), Kevin Maggs (Ulster), Conor McPhilips (Connacht), David Quinlan (Leinster), Peter Stringer (Munster), Paddy Wallace (Ulster) +

Still no Trevor Brennan :eek: :mad:

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 4:44 PM
and there isnt going to be, i have always been a great admirer of his, great ball carrier and can always always make yards but he is error prone, and in an age when managers like osullivan are trying to get 100% error-free matches, he wont be getting a look in. he is also getting on a bit.

joeSoap
17/05/2005, 9:55 AM
I thought this tour was to 'develop' new talent. Corrigan, Easterby, Jackman, Miller, Dempsey, Humphreys, Maggs and Stringer need development?? Bar Stringer they are all hitting the wrong side of 30...Its a joke. They would have well over 300 caps between them. (Excluding Jackman).And please don't anyone give me the "we need experienced heads to guide the young fellas through" argument. We're going to Japan ffs.

Best, Cullen, Sheahan, Anthony Horgan and Paddy Wallace have little or no future in International rugby, so of a squad of 25, more than half of them are either coming to the end of their careers, or have no real prospects of breaking through. This is pure bullsh1t.

Macy
17/05/2005, 11:04 AM
Best, Cullen, Sheahan, Anthony Horgan and Paddy Wallace have little or no future in International rugby, so of a squad of 25, more than half of them are either coming to the end of their careers, or have no real prospects of breaking through. This is pure bullsh1t.
Depends on the starting 15 I suppose. However, could also be who the fook else is there to pick that are good enough?

joeSoap
17/05/2005, 1:33 PM
Depends on the starting 15 I suppose. However, could also be who the fook else is there to pick that are good enough?
I think the following have shown enough potential to be considered...especially ahead of some of the deadwood thats going:
Jerry Flannery (Munster Hooker) Stephen Keogh (Munster Blind side) Shane Jennings (prob not considered cos he signed for Leicester), Eoin Reddan (same story as Jennings but gone to Saracens) Des Dillon(Leinster), John O'Sullivan (ex Connacht, now Munster