PDA

View Full Version : Questions..level Irish soccer

Zio Paperone
16/05/2005, 11:10 AM
Hello:"the Irish Premier and the First division, to that category the compared ones to Italian soccer? The clubs of Irish Premier how many times train in a week?and those of First?
Why nearly all the clubs of premier are of Dublino?

A face
16/05/2005, 2:22 PM
... Wum ???

el punter
16/05/2005, 2:33 PM
Its hard to quantify the quality when comparing leagues. I dont have expertise in the Italian lower divisions but I would estimate it as around Serie C1 standard. Some of the clubs are training full time with professional players: St Pats, Bohemians, Shelbourne, Drogheda, Shamrock Rvs.....(might be one or 2 more).

Most of the clubs are from Dublin because these clubs have simply managed to stay in existence while others fail to make the grade.

I like the term Dublino......very nice!

Partizan
16/05/2005, 2:42 PM
Shelbourne would struggle in Serie B and as for the rest............ :rolleyes:

wws
16/05/2005, 2:43 PM
athlone have the best record v Italian opposition.... :D

A face
16/05/2005, 3:31 PM
I like the term Dublino......very nice!

Zio Paperone
16/05/2005, 3:46 PM
Excluding the 5 that they are trained to full time, the others are to compare to a ""D italian series""??In D series in Italy the players train 4 times to week, but the level is not highest because there is the rule to insert 4titular under21!The Excellence, a level under the "D series" me seems difficult because there is not this rule. If of it speaks in Ireland or England of the Cervia Calcio???Team that has win the "EXCELLENCE series" and THAT it was continuation from Mediaset, the level was enough high. Therefore the other Irish clubs who do not train themselves to full time are inferior to one Italian Excellence?

How they are expenses of management of the clubs of Premier? and those of First? And the wages?

el punter
16/05/2005, 3:55 PM
The best gauge you can get of how good the league is, is to view the performance of its teams in Europe. Shels and Cork fans will waste no time in telling you how well they have been doing in recent years.

Shelbourne were competitive against Deportivo La Coruna last season which is the best performance so far.

As for financial management, you've hit a nerve there! There is a mixture of chaos and credibility depending on the club.

aido_b
16/05/2005, 4:28 PM
The best gauge you can get of how good the league is, is to view the performance of its teams in Europe. Shels and Cork fans will waste no time in telling you how well they have been doing in recent years.

Dont forget about about Bohs ... Aberdeen, Kaiserstlauten etc ...

Partizan
16/05/2005, 5:00 PM
Excluding the 5 that they are trained to full time, the others are to compare to a ""D italian series""??In D series in Italy the players train 4 times to week, but the level is not highest because there is the rule to insert 4titular under21!The Excellence, a level under the "D series" me seems difficult because there is not this rule. If of it speaks in Ireland or England of the Cervia Calcio???Team that has win the "EXCELLENCE series" and THAT it was continuation from Mediaset, the level was enough high. Therefore the other Irish clubs who do not train themselves to full time are inferior to one Italian Excellence?

How they are expenses of management of the clubs of Premier? and those of First? And the wages?

Zio,

my team Waterford United played Serie D side AC Menaggio in a friendly in 2002 and we beat them 12-1. We were playing the 'second' division (First Division) at the time.

Zio Paperone
16/05/2005, 6:12 PM
Zio,

my team Waterford United played Serie D side AC Menaggio in a friendly in 2002 and we beat them 12-1. We were playing the 'second' division (First Division) at the time.

hello partizan, when I played to 11a side, also I have played against the AC Menaggio, and seems to me that she is in "second category", sure that not mistakes??perhaps me mistake I. D series is understanding like alloy Amateurs and is composed from various categories.
D series
Excellence
Promotion
First category
Second category ->AC MENAGGIO
Third category

..but 12 to 1 is even one beautiful blow ;)

fitzknows
16/05/2005, 8:17 PM
Ciao Uncle Paperone

Good to see an Italian taking an interest in league of Ireland football. A mate of mine lived in Italy for a while somewhere near Turin. He supported the local side, Pinerolo I think was what he called them. They played in Seria D. He supports Bohs in the league here and he reckoned that Bohs were of far superior quality. About the only person i've ever heard of who wanted to swap the Italian league for the league of Ireland in order to see higher quality football. ;)

SPXcyan
16/05/2005, 10:08 PM
From what I hear from an Italian lad that lived with my grandfater for a while he said that he supported Cosenza or Seria B and he watched a few game here with Waterford United and he said to me and my grandfather that there is not a real notticable difference between Cosenza and Waterford...we were in the first division at this time...well he enjoyed his time here and now back following his team "Cosenza" :)

Gerrit
17/05/2005, 2:15 PM
Shelbourne would struggle in Serie B and as for the rest............ :rolleyes:

Not too sure... The level of the Eircom League is of course very very far from that of the Italian top league, but don't underestimate EL. Shels kicked Hajduk Split out of the Champions League and drew with quality sides as Lille and Deportivo, Cork eliminated Nijmegen from a so called better league... So the Irish teams are not THAT bad.

Partizan
17/05/2005, 2:25 PM
Gerrit, if you were to compare the Italian to the Irish league it would be like chalk and cheese.

if Shelbourne were ever to have the misfortune of playing both Milans or Juve in a Champions League qualifier then I think a good 5-0 tanking is on the cards away from home.

Shelbourne would hold their own in Serie B but would finish in the bottom half and just above relegation.

The rest: Waterford, Derry, Drogs, C/\wk (the other four) would be in Serie C1 or if in England, League 1 and thats bloody pushing it.

Gerrit
17/05/2005, 2:37 PM
Juve and Milan are the top of the tops, check a team like Empoli or Fiorentina and it will be a whole lot less... I never suggested any Irish team could keep up with Juve or Milan !

Though Milan's not that impressive lately... If their current form continues, Liverpool will not have a too hard night out in Istanbul.

Zio Paperone
18/05/2005, 2:07 PM
a thing is the friendly ones, a thing the championship.The Italian B series is a difficult category, the series A is qualitative. Creed that for many Irish teams is difficult to save it self in B italian series,enough to weigh that glorious teams as Sampdoria and Genoa and Turin before returning in "A" have made years and years in B series. In C1 and C2 the teams train 8 times to week therefore also them the level are high.

In First division in Ireland how many times train in a week club?the players to the morning and to the afternoon they work and to the evening they train themselves?

moreover for being able to manage a professionistic club serve many moneies. In Ireland as they are the wages of the soccers player, expenses etc????

hamish
18/05/2005, 2:22 PM
athlone have the best record v Italian opposition.... :D

Why do so many Footiepersons slag poor old Athlone?? Can't understand it really. :( :confused:

Roverstillidie
18/05/2005, 2:29 PM
In First division in Ireland how many times train in a week club?the players to the morning and to the afternoon they work and to the evening they train themselves?

moreover for being able to manage a professionistic club serve many moneies. In Ireland as they are the wages of the soccers player, expenses etc????

the full time clubs (shels, rovers, bowezzz, cork, drogheda) would train 4/5 days a week in the morning, part timers 3/4 in the evening. some teams have a mix of part/full timers.

top paid players €2,000-3000 a week, average €700 or so.

shelbournes weekly pre tax wage bill €35,000 a week i believe
rovers €13,000....

bigmac
18/05/2005, 2:37 PM
Dont forget about about Bohs ... Aberdeen, Kaiserstlauten etc ...

That's true- EL teams have been starting to put some performances together in Europe in recent years, however it's a different proposal playing against that quality week in and week out versus in a cup game. take Milwall in England as an example of a team excelling in a cup competition but being nowhere near good enough to compete in the top division. Even in ireland, although teams such as Rockmount etc. beat EL opposition regularly enough for it not to be a surprise, i don't think they're good enough to step up to join the league (though i don't see enough games of theirs to know for sure).

I think about half the teams in the premier could survive in League One in England, and aside from the top two in Scotland, I think that the standard amongst the rest there isn't that far away from us. Jose Quitongo moved to Hearts after his first spell with us and wasn't out of his depth there at all.

Dazzy
18/05/2005, 2:37 PM
Derry now train as much as any of those teams.

Roverstillidie
18/05/2005, 3:11 PM
Derry now train as much as any of those teams.
fair point, i was listing the teams who are totally full time.

don't derry fall into the half and half bracket?

Dazzy
18/05/2005, 4:47 PM
fair point, i was listing the teams who are totally full time.

don't derry fall into the half and half bracket?

Indeed they do but that is changing.

Zio Paperone
19/05/2005, 12:30 PM
the full time clubs (shels, rovers, bowezzz, cork, drogheda) would train 4/5 days a week in the morning, part timers 3/4 in the evening. some teams have a mix of part/full timers.

rovers €13,000....

there is much difference between the two
and in first division? Saint Patrick atletich how much spends? The teams are continuations from televisions and newspapers or there is more interest for English soccer? You have seen the Final of uefa cup?Sporting qualitatively is strongest nevertheless it has win the organization of cska.
According to me, the goalkeeper,and Carvalho of Cska are 3 champions.
the Portugueses, like to the Europeans,they are too much sure of himself , they are sure between the more strong to the World like technique, quality and race, but tactically unfortunately they have much to learn

anto eile
19/05/2005, 2:46 PM

rovers €13,000....
Rovers wage bill is E23,500 a week including tax!

anto eile
19/05/2005, 2:50 PM
there is much difference between the two
and in first division? Saint Patrick atletich how much spends? The teams are continuations from televisions and newspapers or there is more interest for English soccer? You have seen the Final of uefa cup?Sporting qualitatively is strongest nevertheless it has win the organization of cska.
According to me, the goalkeeper,and Carvalho of Cska are 3 champions.
the Portugueses, like to the Europeans,they are too much sure of himself , they are sure between the more strong to the World like technique, quality and race, but tactically unfortunately they have much to learn

st patricks wage bill i think is less than E10,000 a week, but a few years ago whent hey were champions of ireland they were paying much higher wages.

the newspapers and television companies do not show much irish club football unfortunately.RTÉ is the national tv channel, they show more english football than irish football.shame on them
the newspapers are the same, all the newspapers have more coverage of english football

Roverstillidie
20/05/2005, 11:35 AM
Rovers wage bill is E23,500 a week including tax!

tax? :D :D

Zio Paperone
20/05/2005, 12:22 PM
According to me if we exclude Celtic Rangers Aberdeen and Hibernian, some clubs of Irish Premier would be in Premier Scottish. According to me in recent years Irish soccer is growing while that Scottish, after the period of the Bonetti's brother to the Dundee fc, has entered in crisis. You what of thoughts?

Creed that the figures that listed are right in order to make sport. In Italy too many moneies are spold. Boys of series A take billions and instead there are many families that have parents laborers and that sudano in order to maintain itself scarcely
Sure, in every nation succeeds this, but I am convinced that 10mila euro to a player can be equivalent to a life of luxury.

it is only a opinion personal, and I hope nobody is taken offense

Dyl10
20/05/2005, 6:07 PM
top paid players €2,000-3000 a week

I think this is inaccurate from what i am told the top earner makes around 1800 a week

Derek
20/05/2005, 10:51 PM
Zio are you taking the pi#s, I know your english is bad but that last post of youu is shows total lackj of english that only some one fluent can achieve. What is your mother tounge? :D

You are an fake, I reckn you are a Shams fans trying to leggit.

Stevo Da Gull
20/05/2005, 11:10 PM
According to me if we exclude Celtic Rangers Aberdeen and Hibernian, some clubs of Irish Premier would be in Premier Scottish. According to me in recent years Irish soccer is growing while that Scottish, after the period of the Bonetti's brother to the Dundee fc, has entered in crisis. You what of thoughts?

Some people would like to see Scottish clubs (Celtic and Rangers excluded) in the Setanta Cup. Personally I dont think that there is a big gap between SPL and our league on the pitch but I'd imagine that facilities and wage are better in Scotland and as a result they can attract better players but,as we have seen in Ireland through the years, a lot of the better players in Scotland will move to England or elsewhere. I would like to see Scottish clubs in the Setanta as it would be the most relyable way to compare.

SPXcyan
20/05/2005, 11:34 PM
Yes that would be brilliant :o do you think this could happen tho?