PDA

View Full Version : Man City switch

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 10:42 PM
well did anyone see that/??? it shows how limited/lack of resources man city have if pearce felt he had to put james up front!!! i mean macken was even there, fair enough he isnt up to much, but pearce supposedly had thought about this in training.

great save by given yesterday against chelsea. one handed punch.

jimbob117
15/05/2005, 10:47 PM
missed it, did james win the peno??

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 10:50 PM
if you mean by won in the sense of putting his hand up and saying handball then yes. otherwise no.

fowler missed the penalty. he was always a good taker of penalties as well.

jimbob117
15/05/2005, 10:53 PM
if you mean by won in the sense of putting his hand up and saying handball then yes. otherwise no.

fowler missed the penalty. he was always a good taker of penalties as well.

Just wondered was he fouled. Fowler was a class taker of penos and a class player in general, an anfield legend

Éanna
15/05/2005, 11:03 PM
So one of FAIreland's reserve strikers isn't as good as England's no.2 goalkeeper when it comes to striking duties :eek:

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 11:05 PM
exactly.

tetsujin1979
16/05/2005, 9:20 AM
missed it, did james win the peno??

Handball by Franck "I might be Irish, you know" Quedrue. It would have been ironic if it had gone in, 2 years ago Quedrue cost Boro a place in the UEFA Cup by getting sent off in the last game of the season, meaning City came ahead of them in the Fair Play league, and took that spot. It would have been some coincidence if the penalty he gave away cost them another European spot. I'm going to be screaming for Liverpool in the Champion's League final now, if they win, and are allowed to defend the trophy, there might be another UEFA Cup spot up for grabs, Man City finished 1 place behind Boro, so.....

Danny
16/05/2005, 10:32 AM
Was at the match yesterday, very bizarre to say the least.
Thought at 1st james was injured and weaver was coming on to replace him.
It was defo a planned thing as there was an outfiekld jersey with James and 1 on it ready to go.
Fcuking fowler missin the peno was just so Typical City

Macy
16/05/2005, 1:07 PM
It's just a fact of life... No matter how United conspire to make life shít, siddy always manage to bring a smile to my face somehow.... :D

NeilMcD
16/05/2005, 1:32 PM
So one of FAIreland's reserve strikers isn't as good as England's no.2 goalkeeper when it comes to striking duties :eek:

Whats with calling the Irish football team (FAIreland)

ColinR
16/05/2005, 1:38 PM

look at your avator

NeilMcD
16/05/2005, 1:40 PM
I know that but usally when we refer to country teams we say Ireland, or Scotland or France, we dont say Scottish FA or French Football Federaction

carrickharp
16/05/2005, 1:41 PM
They also wore next seasons new navy away strip for the match, another strange decision.

ColinR
16/05/2005, 1:45 PM
I know that but usally when we refer to country teams we say Ireland, or Scotland or France, we dont say Scottish FA or French Football Federaction
i know but i dont think any of them countries have merged the country name and their own abrevition into one on their logo.

Danny
16/05/2005, 2:12 PM
They also wore next seasons new navy away strip for the match, another strange decision.

PR stunt, jersey going on sale next week so trying to get ppl to see it beforehand. They did the same last year with the new home one.

Éanna
16/05/2005, 2:27 PM
because (IMO) the team represents the FAI and not ireland. The players don't play here, plus Ireland is a 32-county nation, the FAIreland team does not represent all of it

NeilMcD
16/05/2005, 5:06 PM
Not all the players in England play in England or all the French players dont play in France and there is lots and lots more that play abroad. Should there be a law that restricts professional footballers from getting employment abroad. Are you restricted to seek employment abroad. Imagine if such a restriction took place during the Famine or in the 1950's or in the 1980s. Freedom of movement is a civil right.

jimbob117
16/05/2005, 10:44 PM
Handball by Franck "I might be Irish, you know" Quedrue. .....

Brilliant!!