PDA

View Full Version : pat morley

jbrazil
16/06/2001, 8:05 PM
in fairness, it wasnt the worst of penalties, but it would have been a vital way back into the tie. (by the way: 1-0 to metalurgs, morley m/p in 90th min.)

jbrazil
16/06/2001, 8:13 PM
also hartigan didnt play too badly. he showed glimpses of the magnificant skill he has! he didnt live up to his reputation at all. im still really annoyed by that game though:mad:

A face
17/06/2001, 4:12 AM
Herrick or Ollie, not Morley, whay in gods name morley, christ .... he should have buried it.

Éanna
17/06/2001, 11:44 AM
Lads, he was a dead cert to miss that penalty. The minute I saw him step up to take it, I knew he'd miss it. It's nothing personal against the guy, but he IS past it. Him, Johnny C, Patsy and Deccie have to go. They can sit on the bench, cos that kind of ability and experience are useful, but they can't be regarded as first teamers any more! As for hartigan, the guy doesn't know what he's doing! He's terrible. it makes me sick to see the likes of tynan and Mulligan on the bench while we play an OAP select at 4-5-1!
Murphy messed up yesterday. Shades of Dave Barry, all passion but not a clue tactically.:(

rebel yell
17/06/2001, 2:59 PM
hang on a minute! Even if it finished 1-1, we would still have to go there and score. Their fitness told, having had 9 competitive games our none. And we still gifted them the goal. At least Morley
made the keeper make a save but while I agree that he should be a supersub at this stage, experience counts too. Let's go and
turf them over over there. Remember Grasshoppers and Galatasary didn't do too bad after beating us and I'll bet this
Latvian team won't do too bad either.

Neil
17/06/2001, 11:12 PM
Fair play to Pat Morley for stepping up to take the peno. It takes courage.

**** anyone who gives Pat stick over the miss...

pete
18/06/2001, 9:20 AM
Bet ye were all wishing Kelvin would appear to take the penalty!

Skippy has always been the 2nd choice penalty taker so no surprise he took it.

Not the greatest penalty as kinda showed the keeper where he was going to put it but a brilliant save none the less.

I don't agree their fitness was any better than ours. I was actually surprised now fit City looked.

BTW did anyone notice Skippy looked like a real kangaroo as hes got a pounch now!!!! ;)

joe
18/06/2001, 4:38 PM
I wouldn't have picked anyone from that team but Morley to take the spotter. People might say Herrick or Cahill should have taken it but when was the last time Herrick took one and maybe the Cahill we had three years ago would have been a better alternative to Morley, but he's long gone, or so it seems.

James
18/06/2001, 4:43 PM
Of course Skippy should have taken it.. he would have got an even bigger slagging if he had chickened out of it.

Anyone could have seen by the way he went up to take it that he was telegraphing where he was going to place it!

joe
18/06/2001, 4:52 PM
James, anyone can miss a penalty, especially with the added pressure that comes with a last minute spot-kick when you're 1-0 down at home in Europe. I mean it's not as if it's some ****y little county final or anything :p

James
18/06/2001, 5:16 PM
joe that was a county final with an attendance just under what was at the cross on saturday and the shagging thing was being recorded by 3 camera's and moreso I was playing in front of my parish for the poeple i grew up and live with..now dont tell me thats not pressure..

skippy was getting paid for it...its his job...i could have lost a county

Éanna
18/06/2001, 5:58 PM
Jo, I do believe you've touched a raw nerve.............:D

James
18/06/2001, 6:05 PM
hay but of this hat boy:p :p :p
you watch your back on that ferry you know the sharks are really hungry round those parts

Éanna
18/06/2001, 6:10 PM
Ok ok, sharks yeah yeah. I'm goin for a swim in the baltic! WOOHOO!