PDA

View Full Version : Dublin vs longford

Anto McC
14/05/2005, 10:06 PM
I reckon Dublin are really going to hammer Longford tomorrow anyone else think the same.

De Town
14/05/2005, 10:12 PM
I reckon Dublin are really going to hammer Longford tomorrow anyone else think the same.
No way. Longford win by about 10 points :o :cool:

Cant wait. Will be my first time in Croker :cool:

Anto McC
14/05/2005, 10:21 PM
No way. Longford win by about 10 points :o :cool:

Cant wait. Will be my first time in Croker :cool:

Hope you enjoy yourself,it's a fantastic stadium(Dublins second home) and should be a good atmosphere with the Hill opened up again,Don't let the fact that you got beaten by at least 2 goals sour your experience. :D

De Town
14/05/2005, 11:04 PM
Hope you enjoy yourself,it's a fantastic stadium(Dublins second home) and should be a good atmosphere with the Hill opened up again,Don't let the fact that you got beaten by at least 2 goals sour your experience. :D
ah, i dont expect Longford to be too close to Dublin but ya never know ;)

Maz
15/05/2005, 12:48 PM
Best of luck to Longford, honestly cant see a win for us but who knows! I was there last time we played Dublin and for the All-Ireland finals. Cant go today have to work. Great crowd going from Longford though

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 4:09 PM
anyone know the score?

Green Tribe
15/05/2005, 5:26 PM
dunno! but Armagh humped Fermanagh 2-12 to 1-07 :mad: :mad:

Superhoops
15/05/2005, 5:50 PM
anyone know the score?
Dublin 2-23 Longford 0-10

Anto McC
15/05/2005, 8:36 PM
I was at the game and what a way to start off the Leinster title.I have a good feeling it's coming home to Dublin this year. :D

Green Tribe
15/05/2005, 8:59 PM
I was at the game and what a way to start off the Leinster title.I have a good feeling it coming home to Dublin this year. :D

No way, Down all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

Eh, we have to thump Teee-rone first though..... :mad:

Anto McC
15/05/2005, 9:35 PM
No way, Down all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

Eh, we have to thump Teee-rone first though..... :mad:

I meant the Leinster title but if Down reckon they have a chance at the All Ireland then i'll throw my hat into that ring aswell.

Green Tribe
15/05/2005, 10:01 PM
I meant the Leinster title but if Down reckon they have a chance at the All Ireland then i'll throw my hat into that ring aswell.

er...oops got carried away there and jumped the gun :o :D

Aberdonian Stu
15/05/2005, 10:28 PM
Cullen, Quinn, Keaney, and Ryan all played well. Ryaner was comical in the first half, would go to great lengths winning and moving the ball but once he kicked or passed it we lost possession. He even scored two points and that's great for him as shooting is definitely one of the weaker aspects of his game. But sure he's Dublin GAA's answer to Trevor Brennan, what a legend.

Other than that the team didn't look terribly good. Aside from a monster of a point Colin Moran was very quiet. Would have rather they had a tougher encounter. No offence to Longford but you don't usually learn too much from a 19 point win, or beating for that matter so it wasn't much use to either side.

Meath will provide a tougher test, obviously, and it will interesting to see if Caffrey can get the players minds in the right place before they play them. Often "recovering" from a win by such a margin is almost as difficult as recovering from such a defeat as it's hard to get the mind back in the place it needs to be for tougher challenges.

Hopefully the Longford Minors from a couple of years back will start to come through and they'll develop as a footballing force.

Anto McC
15/05/2005, 10:41 PM
Were you watching the same game i was,They destroyed Longford with very little effort.Ryaner really needs to lose a few stone.

Maz
15/05/2005, 10:59 PM
Shocking defeat but i cant say im surprised! I was told i was lucky i went to work instead......Any idea who the streakers were? Seemly comical stuff

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 11:40 PM
streakers at a gaelic match!!! now it all has happened!

that is a shocking score by any standards, i thought longford were improving as well. that really is terrible.

D2 im heading over for the ireland game, and am heading to the HILL the following day for meath v dublin. should be a great aul game. good weekend of sport and drink to be had!!!!

Anto McC
16/05/2005, 12:05 AM
D2 im heading over for the ireland game, and am heading to the HILL the following day for meath v dublin. should be a great aul game. good weekend of sport and drink to be had!!!!

Don't know if you were at the match today but the atmosphere on the HILL was absolutely electric,I know the aulfellas say it'll never be the same but if it isn't it comes very,very close.

Should also be a good buzz at the Ireland game.

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 12:21 AM
they just say that anyhow, like "ye dont get the same rain these days as we used to get" blah blah.

the hill is a great atmosphere not just for dubs, but for all!

a good gaa match is hard to match atmosphere wise with anything.

Roo69
16/05/2005, 9:40 AM
The Wicklow Vs. Kildare was a far better match to watch, much closer and evenily fought encounter. Wicklow only have themselves to blame really, 6 points up at one stage, a dreadful peice of goalkeeping and 16 wides meant that were out at the 1st hurdle as usual

Anto McC
16/05/2005, 2:00 PM
The Wicklow Vs. Kildare was a far better match to watch

Not for Dubs :D

Aberdonian Stu
16/05/2005, 2:02 PM
Were you watching the same game i was,They destroyed Longford with very little effort.Ryaner really needs to lose a few stone.

Yes i was, that's the point. You learn nothing from a win like that when half you're team don't need to get out of bed.

Ryaner was the only Dublin player winning ball in midfield for a long time in the first half. I don't see how he needs to drop weight, was powerful and fast yesterday.

Would rather see Cullen at centre-back and Moran had a very quiet day, aside from that legendary monster of a point.

O'Shaughnessy looks useful but still needs to hone his game.

Roo69
16/05/2005, 2:10 PM
Not for Dubs :D

True enough, but ya know what i meant - Entertainment wise

swinfordfc
16/05/2005, 3:06 PM
Lads,
Nicely hotting up now but there should be only one winner of Leinster and that should be Laois!! Cafferty did a good job with dublin as there is no different players fron last year and i think they beat meath but Laois will win it
:cool:

Beavis
16/05/2005, 3:58 PM
streakers at a gaelic match!!! now it all has happened!

Streakers are a regular feature of any Dubs game. I remember we played Wexford in Carlow (the same days as Cameroon - Ireland) and there must have been more than a dozen in one half. Carlow garda station must have been like a nudist colony that night ! :D

I know its only Longford but I thought the most positive aspect of was that the point kicking seemed to be much improved, and this has always been our downfall over the last few year. Brian Cullen is a class act. He was probably our best player throughout the league, I think I'd be more confident with him at centre back because he's a leader. Otherwise I would mostly agree with the team selection, but I dont understand why Coly Moran is in the team ahead of Senan Connell. Glad to see Paddy Christy has been made captain, Whelo was never suited to this role. Good to see Coman Goggins back but Peader Andrews should also be accomodated, I think he's more solid than Casey.

I'm not an oul fella but I know that the hill was not as good as it has been. It was a bit dead for periods but I'd say with the Meath game it will be buzzin. The problem with the new set up is that many of the regulars who made all the noise used to go to the same area in the top left corner (as facing the hill) but were broken up yesterday because of the segregation of the terrace. It was only Longford though, bring on the Royals....

SuperDub
17/05/2005, 9:14 PM
Its nice to start off with a win but longford were very disappointing. The view from the hill is much better now. Certainly the start of june will be busy for us sports fans Ireland v Israel & the dubs v meath on the same weekend and then were off to the faroes and u never know the dubs v meath could go to a replay :)