PDA

View Full Version : Playing it Straight- Channel 4

JoeSemi
14/05/2005, 12:26 PM
Anyone see this programme over the last few weeks? Crazy stuff at the end last night :)

If people are in the dark, it was a gameshow where this crackin bird and ten fellas spent a few weeks in the Mexican sunshine with the girl having to chose one fella at the end. The catch is that 5 were straight and 5 were gay, so if she ended up picking a straight fella she'd share the 100,000 prize money with him and if she picked a gay fella he'd get the whole whack of cash. She voted one off each week and was left with three last night. Lets just say that homosexuality can't be pigeon holed to lads in pink t-shirts and hair straighteners after this programme. Some eye-opener :eek:

eamoss
14/05/2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah I guessed he was gay but only becasue of how ****ed up the show was i.e Raphael being straight. But good show all the same really opens your eyes!

Green Tribe
14/05/2005, 1:25 PM
I have not watched it but my flatmate has been telling me all about it! I thought Average Joe was class though, anyone see it?? Follow on from Joe Millionaire, another cracker..... American cack, but quite funny characters in it.

jofyisgod
14/05/2005, 7:15 PM
Lets just say that the homosexuality can't be pigeon holed to lads in pink t-shirts and hair straighteners after this programme. Some eye-opener :eek:

One look around any 6th Form/college in the country can confirm this! :eek: :D

Green Tribe
14/05/2005, 7:24 PM
One look around any 6th Form/college in the country can confirm this! :eek: :D

I know, why is it trendy for straight guys to dress/adopt a gay style??!!! Minging!!!!!!! Look like a man for Christ's sake!!!! :mad: :D

jofyisgod
14/05/2005, 8:17 PM
I know, why is it trendy for straight guys to dress/adopt a gay style??!!! Minging!!!!!!! Look like a man for Christ's sake!!!! :mad: :D

I'm not anti this new 'Metrosexualism' myself, but i can see why it would be unnerving. I personally am 100% gay-people tolerant, but anyone who doesn't like them must be getting overawed!'They're spawning!' :D

I can already see the reaction up North!

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 1:52 AM
look at all the new bands coming out they are all camp fookers. did anyone read liam gallaghers interview on NME about the lot of them, dead right i say. tight tshirt and jeans-hair-all-over-the-shop type lads.

i never knew what this metrosexual thing meant till a couple of years ago, when two lads that were friends of a friend were very much "gay" in my (naive bordering on ignorance maybe) opinion but turned out to be metrosexual. horses for courses as i say.

it does appear to be catching on with a lot of lads now.

jofyisgod
15/05/2005, 12:59 PM
look at all the new bands coming out they are all camp fookers. did anyone read liam gallaghers interview on NME

Well, he's a gobshíte and that mags a rag :p , but i'd agree to some extent.
All the new boy bands, erm, Rooster for example-shít music, shít clothes. Then again, i'd rather look like that than look anything like Liam Gallagher.

eamoss
15/05/2005, 1:20 PM
I never knew what this metrosexual thing meant till a couple of years ago

I only found out what metrosexual ment when I saw an episode of South Park when all the lads started talking gay & dressin stylish!

Green Tribe
15/05/2005, 1:30 PM
I was out last night and took time to look around and horrify myself with the male species. The amount of guys who I would say were gay were too many. Guys with their girlfriends, with their gay spiked up hairstyle, tight t-shirt, fake tan, plucked eyebrows. :eek: Just horrific....... :o They were everywhere. If I had a son or brother who tried dressing etc like that, I would lock him up....... :D

Green Tribe
15/05/2005, 1:31 PM
I only found out what metrosexual ment when I saw an episode of South Park when all the lads started talking gay & dressin stylish!

South Park is class, haven't seen it for ages............

paul_oshea
15/05/2005, 1:35 PM
airstyle, tight t-shirt

thats what im on about.

back to the programmer, someone told me the guy she picked out said to her ya you are right I am gay!! and she said "seriouslly" and then he said nah im only messin! :D

the guy that won it split it with her?? fair play to him

tetsujin1979
16/05/2005, 9:25 AM
South Park is class, haven't seen it for ages............

Best satire on TV right now, on weekends at 9 on Paramount Comedy.

Ruairi
16/05/2005, 12:14 PM
you didnt happen to see it the other night, the episode with paris hilton? i havent laughed that much in i dont know how long.