PDA

View Full Version : PFAI Awards

placid casual
10/11/2019, 11:21 AM
Congratulations to Jack Byrne winning player of the year. The best player in the league, according to his peers anyway.
And congratulations to all the other winners, they were fully deserved. Although picking your wan as ref of the year?!? Wtf was that about..

Dalymountrower
10/11/2019, 12:55 PM
I think she is an excellent ref.
Congrats to Danny Mandriou and to Jack Byrne, deserved winners.

Martinho II
10/11/2019, 2:47 PM
What happened to TV coverage of it as I remember the PFAI awards being on Eir Sport last season?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
10/11/2019, 4:12 PM
I think she is an excellent ref.
Congrats to Danny Mandriou and to Jack Byrne, deserved winners.

Did she actually ref a game in the premier league this season? Seen a few tweets saying she didn't

sbgawa
10/11/2019, 4:55 PM
#metoo

marinobohs
10/11/2019, 6:09 PM
Did she actually ref a game in the premier league this season? Seen a few tweets saying she didn't
Apparently not, says a lot for the refs that they were beaten to the award by an assistant ref 😁 although having watched them all season....

marinobohs
10/11/2019, 6:11 PM
Wouldn’t argue too much with Byrne and Mandroui awards but Perth award seems like having to give Dundalk “something”.

Ezeikial
10/11/2019, 6:19 PM
Wouldn’t argue too much with Byrne and Mandroui awards but Perth award seems like having to give Dundalk “something”.

Do you know which of the awards categories were based on genuine votes and which were rigged?

D24Saint
10/11/2019, 6:32 PM
Is there a golden boot the winning amount wasn’t up to much this year only 14.

marinobohs
11/11/2019, 9:02 AM
Do you know which of the awards categories were based on genuine votes and which were rigged?

Grow up, Perth isn't even the manager at Dundalk :D. Dundalk had a brilliant season and deserve consideration for any award but both Long (3rd place on minimum resources) and Bradley (ended shams cup wait) have done something additional to 'keeping the show on the road' which should be the determining factor. Had Dundalk won the FAI Cup Final I would fully agree with Perth (or Giller :rolleyes:) as MOTY as they had progressed on previous seasons work.

Ezeikial
11/11/2019, 9:29 AM
Grow up, Perth isn't even the manager at Dundalk :D. Dundalk had a brilliant season and deserve consideration for any award but both Long (3rd place on minimum resources) and Bradley (ended shams cup wait) have done something additional to 'keeping the show on the road' which should be the determining factor. Had Dundalk won the FAI Cup Final I would fully agree with Perth (or Giller :rolleyes:) as MOTY as they had progressed on previous seasons work.

Have you got your posts mixed up? In your previous post, you implied that the votes were not fully legit, saying having to give Dundalk “something”.

This is what I asked you..

D24Saint
11/11/2019, 9:32 AM
Interesting point on Perth if he isn’t officially manager then he shouldn’t be considered for the award. If he hasn’t the required qualifications the it should come with ramifications and not just get papered over. The club themselves are entitled to bypass the rules if they wish but it shouldn’t be endorsed officially in regards to awards.

marinobohs
11/11/2019, 2:15 PM
Have you got your posts mixed up? In your previous post, you implied that the votes were not fully legit, saying having to give Dundalk “something”.

This is what I asked you..

I obviously meant by those voting/deciding.Shams certainly improved on previous season (2nd and FAI Cup) Bohs certainly improved on previous season (3rd) but I am not sure Dundalk did improve on the previous season, so therefore find it strange that Perth got 'manager of the year'. I suggested that those deciding wanted to recognise a great season by Dundalk and that influenced their decision.

Simply my opinion RE manager of the year award (and I've explained why) but I never suggested anything was 'rigged'.

marinobohs
11/11/2019, 2:17 PM
Interesting point on Perth if he isn’t officially manager then he shouldn’t be considered for the award. If he hasn’t the required qualifications the it should come with ramifications and not just get papered over. The club themselves are entitled to bypass the rules if they wish but it shouldn’t be endorsed officially in regards to awards.

A 'ref of the year' who doesn't ref and a 'manager of the year' who isn't a manager - greatest League in the world :D

placid casual
11/11/2019, 7:27 PM
Was Keith Long up for manager of the year?
There would have been few complaints if he had won.
Bohs have got themselves into a great position with the best part time coach & manager combo in the league.

marinobohs
11/11/2019, 9:01 PM
Bohs have got themselves into a great position with the best part time coach & manager combo in the league.

Three nominees were Perth, Long and Bradley.

Asterix
11/11/2019, 9:30 PM

Long did an interview with Supple at the awards and said he left his job and has been full time at Bohs this season.

Ezeikial
11/11/2019, 9:45 PM

Three nominees were Perth, Long and Bradley.

According to the respective websites both Dundalk & Shamrock Rovers nominees are Head Coaches

Vinny Perth - Head Coach
https://www.dundalkfc.com/players/manager-backroom/

Stephen Bradley - Head Coach
https://shamrockrovers.ie/first-team/

Presumably Keith Long should win by default

Dalymountrower
12/11/2019, 4:07 PM
According to the respective websites both Dundalk & Shamrock Rovers nominees are Head Coaches

Vinny Perth - Head Coach

Stephen Bradley - Head Coach
https://shamrockrovers.ie/first-team/

Presumably Keith Long should win by default

Presumably John Gill should have been in the running as top manager?

Ezeikial
12/11/2019, 5:52 PM
Presumably John Gill should have been in the running as top manager?

But, but he's not the manager.......

Was there a first team coach of year award?

Dalymountrower
12/11/2019, 6:30 PM
So no manager and four trophies., Impressive..