PDA

View Full Version : games you want to see made?

ken foree
13/05/2005, 3:03 PM
how have they not made a Thor game yet? i mean with the hammer, come on. it's a cert. you could fling it around and smash cars and trolls while bashing across manhattan and the countryside of asgard. you would fly a bit and blast things with norse lightning. you could swing the hammer in that circle he does. fin fang foom as the dragon end boss, a huge level unto himself. beat the game and you can unlock odin, i dunno.

same with silver surfer..

it's so easy! but they'll never make them until there's a weak movie to go along with it. lame!

sad post i know :D

GavinZac
16/05/2005, 8:30 AM
a GAA sim so various GAA loving newspapers will stop reprinting the article from 1999 about someone modding an Aussie Rules game into a GAA game.

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 1:24 PM
a gaa game would be great, but unfortunately i dont think it would be viable.

when im a millionaire ill invest in a company to make it.

carrickharp
16/05/2005, 1:36 PM
Bobble Bobble for PS2 :p

tiktok
16/05/2005, 1:43 PM
I assume a fantastic four game will be in the pipeline with the film on the way.

Otherwise, tetris and frogger would do me

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 1:47 PM
dublin harp dont ye mean

bubble bobble!!! :p

i have downloaded all those classics for the computer.

does anyone remember a level on some game ( the game i am trying to remember ) where you are underwater and at the end you have to fight an octupus, it was in an enclosed sort of room, quite small and i think the octupus used to fire orange fire type balls out of its lenticles??? can anyone tell me that game?

Ruairi
16/05/2005, 1:55 PM
i think someone should make a tea-making sim...

ya know, start out on you basic cup of tea, before progressing on to cappucinos and mochas..

if your cup fails to meet the approval of an audience of seven 80 year old grannies then you go back to the start of the level..

i'm off to register the patent

Gareth
16/05/2005, 2:15 PM
They made Blade Runner which was pretty cool, so along that vein, I'd like to see:

Dr Who (with a very decent script, none of this shallow Doom style gaming)

Another few very difficult Sherlock Holmes games

In the style of GTA San Andreas, Corruption: Become an Irish Politician.

Another Indiana Jones game

Back to the Future

Poor Student
16/05/2005, 2:31 PM
Back to the Future

They made one back in the days of the Amiga for BTTF 2 anyway.

Ruairi
16/05/2005, 2:55 PM
i have BTTF 3 on the megadrive... it's terrible, the first level you're on a horse and it's unbeliveably hard, you have to jump over logs and duck to avoid birds as you try to save clara from falling into the ravine... you have to hit the jump button at exactly the right time or else you lose a life and you have to go back to the start.. you've three lives and it's game over.. i've played it twice i reckon

ken foree
16/05/2005, 3:17 PM
bloody christ i'd play a good gaa hurling or football sim all day long. likewise an engaging dr. who game. perhaps some levels would be 1st person shooter, you could be a rebel soldier of sorts and defeat the daleks with a rifle (and by climbing stairs) or grenades or whatever the hell. yea there's loads of material there. time-hopping, infuriating logic puzzles to unlock the master's tardis - hmm okay better stop here, getting a bit geeked :eek: .

an FF game might be better than the (bad-looking) film...

GavinZac
16/05/2005, 3:32 PM
that GAA game project was actually being made by the fans themselves, by altering small bits of the Aussie Rules game, in much the same way that Counter-strike and EHLM (a hockey game based on the champ manager engine) started off.

any GAA fans who know java and could design jerseys, game environment, etc. could do it, i think the aussie rules game was open source.

seriously on games i want to see made: im not telling ye. i plan on being a game developer, and im noting your responses like a good marketing student ;)

GavinZac
16/05/2005, 3:34 PM

ya know, start out on you basic cup of tea, before progressing on to cappucinos and mochas..

if your cup fails to meet the approval of an audience of seven 80 year old grannies then you go back to the start of the level..

i'll make it for you in exchange for €10 and 5% of all profits.

Gareth
16/05/2005, 3:35 PM
I'd prefer Doctor Who to be in the style of grand theft auto in that you walk around etc etc. I don't really like Doom style games as they grow tiresome fast!! :)

The Back to the Future game could be far greater potential than the Amiga game, seeing as it had around 64k of ram to muck round with :)

ken foree
16/05/2005, 3:39 PM
I'd prefer Doctor Who to be in the style of grand theft auto in that you walk around etc etc. I don't really like Doom style games as they grow tiresome fast!! :)

The Back to the Future game could be far greater potential than the Amiga game, seeing as it had around 64k of ram to muck round with :)

yea, for the majority of the who game i agree with you - 3rd person perspective. how else could we appreciate the true gargantuan length of tom baker's...

scarf. jaysis you could have regenerations and leela in that lionskin. but i'd still like a little bit of it to be 1st person, some blow-up action vs. cybermen/daleks. they could even make it purposefully cheezy, effects-wise. could do without mccoy though..

the 12 th man
16/05/2005, 3:52 PM

sounds brilliant to me.
go for it

Gareth
16/05/2005, 4:00 PM
yea, for the majority of the who game i agree with you - 3rd person perspective. how else could we appreciate the true gargantuan length of tom baker's...

scarf. jaysis you could have regenerations and leela in that lionskin. but i'd still like a little bit of it to be 1st person, some blow-up action vs. cybermen/daleks. they could even make it purposefully cheezy, effects-wise. could do without mccoy though..

I'll give you a first person dalek area!!

Ha do you remember the game Alone in the Dark?

ken foree
16/05/2005, 4:02 PM
another game i've been hankering after. something called eg. 'center forward' based on eng. league football circa 1970s. mutton-chop sideburns and desperately muddy fields. huge tackles, period advertising on the hoardings, and realistic fan violence :o .

the game would be intensely physical but without the gimmicry of these modern day action-style football games. shoulder buttons would SHOULDER(!) the opposition off the ball, aerial attacks would abound and heading would assume an all-new importance. you could hoof it long at which point the 'camera' (i think side-view) would slide up the field to the area the ball was aimed for, and you would jostle for position, hold, shoulder, and jump as the ball approachedand dropped. heading would be ace, you could skim it on, knock it down back or laterally, loop it towards goal. all the while sporting the greatest mullet in gaming history! are you taking notes, readers.

ken foree
16/05/2005, 4:03 PM
Ha do you remember the game Alone in the Dark?

i remember the name but not the game?

paul_oshea
16/05/2005, 4:05 PM
any GAA fans who know java and could design jerseys, game environment, etc. could do it, i think the aussie rules game was open source.

gavin, i know java quite well i.e. its my job. the games wouldnt up to much i..e powerful wise. even using the 3d engine its very limited, is there any demo of these aussie rule games.

GavinZac
17/05/2005, 12:23 AM
gavin, i know java quite well i.e. its my job. the games wouldnt up to much i..e powerful wise. even using the 3d engine its very limited, is there any demo of these aussie rule games.

i think the java integrated with direct x, or some other preset graphics vendor. by changing the java, i mean the attributes like 'mark' or whatever to 'rising', and the methods or whatever. obviously its a huge undertaking for a couple of sportsfans to do in their spare time so its not surprising it went the way of that fan's version of sonic that never came out.

Ruairi
17/05/2005, 9:47 AM
i'll make it for you in exchange for €10 and 5% of all profits.

DONE AND DONE

if you call one of the coffee brands "Roar's Roasted Coffee" i'll pay you an extra fiver
:)

Bluebeard
18/05/2005, 12:51 PM
an FF game might be better...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

What, a puzzle game collecting brown envelopes and bonus points for kissing babies without them screaming. If you get caught you have to do battle with Michael McDowell as your leader defends you?

I'd be up for that one for the laugh alright!

ken foree
18/05/2005, 12:56 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

What, a puzzle game collecting brown envelopes and bonus points for kissing babies without them screaming. If you get caught you have to do battle with Michael McDowell as your leader defends you?

I'd be up for that one for the laugh alright!

heh, nice :D

Slash/ED
18/05/2005, 1:07 PM
A sequel to Deus Ex worthy of the original which is still my favourite game ever would be nice, and another Indiana Jones game in the mould of Last Crusade or Faith Of Athlantis.

superfrank
19/05/2005, 1:54 PM
a GAA sim so various GAA loving newspapers will stop reprinting the article from 1999 about someone modding an Aussie Rules game into a GAA game.
I saw in Smyth's toy store the other day that "GAA 2005" will be available from August 5th. So good news for all!

paul_oshea
19/05/2005, 4:59 PM
thats brill.

thanks for that. though with all these sorta things it can take a lot longer. will htey have players name etc??? how does copyright work on this??? in fairness if they are using players names surely the players should get something?

superfrank
19/05/2005, 6:05 PM
thats brill.

thanks for that. though with all these sorta things it can take a lot longer. will htey have players name etc??? how does copyright work on this??? in fairness if they are using players names surely the players should get something?
I have no idea how all that's going to work out. I'm not too interested in GAA but I'll buy the game when it comes out. Do footballers get payed for being in FIFA?

Poor Student
20/05/2005, 12:23 AM
I saw in Smyth's toy store the other day that "GAA 2005" will be available from August 5th. So good news for all!

So it does exist. :eek: I'll be very intrigued to see how that works. With the impossibly high standards set by Pro Evo 4 in terms of footballing games I wonder if you could adapt to another game.

ali2005
25/05/2005, 4:24 PM
id like to c a game were u start as a person trying to become a councillor and you gradually make your way up the ranks to the top prize.................. taoiseach at least it would get that c**t bertie a hern out of govermant. at least in a game

Stevo Da Gull
27/05/2005, 11:08 PM
Wait for it........ GTA Ireland. And in the clothes shope you can buy EL teams jersey's and even got to Dayler and have a few shoot ups (with guns, tut tut) :D . Ah well, I'm allowed to dream are'nt I ;) :cool: . Admit it though, you'd buy it..

kdjaC
01/06/2005, 10:28 PM
IR Gurus GAA 2005, click on games (http://www.irgurus.com/)

kdjac

onenilgameover
06/06/2005, 10:35 PM
Curious George....A monkey that explores what more could you want?

ali2005
13/06/2005, 2:47 PM
Wait for it........ GTA Ireland. And in the clothes shope you can buy EL teams jersey's and even got to Dayler and have a few shoot ups (with guns, tut tut) :D . Ah well, I'm allowed to dream are'nt I ;) :cool: . Admit it though, you'd buy it..

Sounds good

Tony Montana
26/06/2005, 7:12 PM
Another Dirty Harry game!there used to be one for Comm 64 but it was muck.

Tony Montana
26/06/2005, 7:13 PM
BTW,Scarface game in Sept.!! :cool: