PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Traynor Trophy 2019/20

ForzaForth
04/11/2019, 9:07 AM
Result from last Saturday: Leinster Senior League 0, Wexford Football League 1. (Don't see an existing thread for this year's competition.)

CBL20
05/11/2019, 9:26 AM
can someone tell us all the teams who are involved this year please?

Ballistinianlad
05/11/2019, 10:22 PM
Limerick Desmond 4-0 limerick district

Fairkop
05/11/2019, 11:00 PM
Limerick Desmond 4-0 limerick district

Result flattered the District team,Desmond were far better team ,well organised,fitter and took their goals well...lad up front was excellent.District team looked imbalanced,poorly setup and had barely a shot on goal.Some performance/result for the Desmond.

Ballistinianlad
06/11/2019, 7:49 AM
Agreed it could and should have been much more. Excellent performance from the Desmond boys
Thought district were very poor, not to take away from the Desmond performance.
I know there was a few missing but it seemed like there was no plan b. All route one stuff.

Shearer
06/11/2019, 2:30 PM
Group C:
Kerry 0-0 Desmond
District 2-1 Clare
Desmond 4-0 District

Remaining fixtures:
Clare - Kerry
Kerry - District
Desmond - Clare

Round Tower
06/11/2019, 6:39 PM
Group C:
Kerry 0-0 Desmond
District 2-1 Clare
Desmond 4-0 District

Remaining fixtures:
Clare - Kerry
Kerry - District
Desmond - Clare

https://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/sport/34017-details-of-the-oscar-traynor-competition-confirmed

Don't know why the difference that seem a group of 4 with each team playing eacgh other while the Mayo leage is playing the Galway league in the 2nd leg tonight, after losing the first leg 1 - 3 in Galway

Shearer
17/11/2019, 3:05 PM
Clare 2-1 Kerry.

Anyone know the tiebreakers for the groups?

fanaticfan
18/11/2019, 10:11 AM
Desmond 4.
Clare 3.
L District 3.
Kerry 1.

Desmond need a draw or win against clare to qualify

Johnnie C
27/11/2019, 9:58 PM
The Donegal League advanced to the next stage defeating Inishowen 2-1 tonight to complete a 4-2 aggregate win.

Shearer
08/12/2019, 3:42 PM
Kerry beat Limerick District 4-3 to knock the champs out, below is the results from the group.
Limerick Desmond Vs Clare is the final game, let me know if that table has any mistakes.

Kerry 0-0 Desmond
District 2-1 Clare
Desmond 4-0 District
Clare 2-1 Kerry
Kerry 4-3 District

https://i.imgur.com/M0EdVSt.jpg

Fairkop
08/12/2019, 6:32 PM
One things for sure Limerick Districts performances in this years competition have been very poor ,lucky to beat Clare,humbled by Desmond and leaking 4 v Kerry today.A lot of big name players in that squad who have not produced and a mgt team who by the looks of it were out of their depth.Still a lot hanging on that last game.

Gazza29
08/12/2019, 9:42 PM
One things for sure Limerick Districts performances in this years competition have been very poor ,lucky to beat Clare,humbled by Desmond and leaking 4 v Kerry today.A lot of big name players in that squad who have not produced and a mgt team who by the looks of it were out of their depth.Still a lot hanging on that last game.

I think that there is a seriously strong argument that although Limerick may have the most competitive league, they don’t have the best players, and that the very top players in Desmond, Kerry and Clare are of a higher standard

Kennycon
09/12/2019, 6:35 AM
I think that there is a seriously strong argument that although Limerick may have the most competitive league, they don’t have the best players, and that the very top players in Desmond, Kerry and Clare are of a higher standard

Don’t think so Gazza, players in limerick have more focus on club competition, hence they reach the latter stages of elite competitions most years. Priority is club soccer in limerick.

Gazza29
09/12/2019, 6:56 AM
Don’t think so Gazza, players in limerick have more focus on club competition, hence they reach the latter stages of elite competitions most years. Priority is club soccer in limerick.

Has that not got more to do with the fact that the club squads are stronger as a whole in Limerick than in the other 3 leagues but when you list out the top players from the 4 leagues Limerick Districts contingent in a starting 11 would be small. If the Limerick lads are using the “we didn’t really want to win it argument anyway” then that’s a bit petty. Plenty of clubs from other 3 leagues have big games in Munster and FAI coming up as well

dutchie
09/12/2019, 10:46 AM
Rubbish, janesboro won it out last year, just proves how strong the city lge is, the egos might be the issue here, they should have walked that lge.

Shearer
09/12/2019, 9:41 PM
Some interesting discussion here lads, I agree with most of it.

I think it goes without saying that the District had an appalling campaign with what was a crack squad, a lot better than the waning Janesboro side that won it the year prior. A lot of the blame falls with management; some ridiculous decisions such as playing players out of position and picking players on name value rather than form.

With regard to Gazza's point about players outside of the District being of a higher standard, I agree to an extent and do think you're onto something. While the standard of player in the Limerick District League is undoubtedly very good, the number of people that go to games in that League is probably higher than other leagues and so I feel that those same people probably spread a lot of hyperbole about their own players despite never seeing players from other leagues. I think the average Desmond, Clare or Kerry man would have a more informed opinion than that of their Limerick District counterparts. I'll put it this way, you're a lot more likely to bump into someone from Rathkeale or Newcastle at a Janesboro/Pike game than you are to bump into someone from Limerick City at a Rathkeale and Abbeyfeale game.

I don't think there's much of a difference between the elite players of the Limerick District compared to other surrounding leagues other than Limerick District players probably playing a higher frequency of competitive and intense games. The style of Football in there isn't exactly "Total Football" either, just quite fast and physical.

Johnnie C
04/01/2020, 9:15 PM
Limerick Desmond 1 Clare 2 tonight. Both sides through to quarter finals. Anyone know the other sides that are through and when is draw?

SteveSilvermint
05/01/2020, 10:33 AM
Has that not got more to do with the fact that the club squads are stronger as a whole in Limerick than in the other 3 leagues but when you list out the top players from the 4 leagues Limerick Districts contingent in a starting 11 would be small. If the Limerick lads are using the “we didn’t really want to win it argument anyway” then that’s a bit petty. Plenty of clubs from other 3 leagues have big games in Munster and FAI coming up as well
At least you have a committee running football that cares cork aul are a joke no entry for the last 4 season s afraid to spend so of that money they take in .after looking at fai.right up and down football in Ireland has to be looked at there dealing with big money and no acountiblty.

ForzaForth
05/01/2020, 11:48 AM
The Defence Forces and the Wexford League have qualified for the quarter-finals out of their mini-group of three with the Leinster Senior League knocked out.

Shearer
06/01/2020, 7:59 PM
Limerick Desmond 1 Clare 2 tonight. Both sides through to quarter finals. Anyone know the other sides that are through and when is draw?
This article from Striker seems to have the answers.
I think the first four sides mentioned are the seeds.

https://www.strikeronline.ie/oscar-trayor-interleague-trophy

Johnnie C
07/01/2020, 8:57 PM
Thanks. Less and less leagues entering by the season. Very surprised that Dublin AUL not in it.

Shearer
14/01/2020, 7:06 PM
Galway vs Kildare
Kilkenny vs Desmond
Clare vs Wexford
Defence Forces vs Donegal

To be played February 29th.

Shearer
22/02/2020, 3:38 PM
Will update this

Defence Forces 2-1 Donegal
Clare 0-2 Wexford
Kilkenny 6-1 Desmond

Galway vs Kildare - Sun, Feb 29, 2PM.

Johnnie C
22/02/2020, 6:17 PM
Clare 0 Wexford 2 a full time score.

fanaticfan
23/02/2020, 7:00 PM
Kilkenny 6-1 Limerick Desmond

Johnnie C
16/08/2020, 10:02 PM
Anyone know the story with this, is it being completed?