PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Rovers Iraqi Striker

holidaysong
12/05/2005, 3:36 PM
Got e-mailed this just there.. :D

"Shamrock Rovers manager Roddy Collins sends scouts out round the world looking for a new striker to hopefully win Rovers the Premier division. One of his scouts informs him of a young Iraqi striker who he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar. So Roddy flies to Iraq to watch him, is suitably impressed and signs him on the spot. Two weeks later Rovers are 4-0 down at home to UCD with only 20 minutes left and Collins gives the young Iraqi striker the nod to go on. The lad is a sensation, scores 5 in 20 minutes and wins the game for Rovers. The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star. When he comes off the pitch he phones his Mum to tell her about his first day in Irish football. "Hi Mum, guess what?" he says. "I played for 20 minutes today, we were 4-0 down, but I scored 5 and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the players and the media, they all love me". "Great," says his Mum, "let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in the street, your sister and I were attacked and beaten, and your brother has joined a gang of looters, while you were having a great time". The young lad is very upset. "What can I say Mum, I'm so sorry."
"Sorry?!" says his Mum ..."Its your bloody fault that we moved to Tallaght in
the first place"!

Green Tribe
12/05/2005, 3:41 PM
:D :D :D

Sheridan
12/05/2005, 3:43 PM
You should bring that joke along to the Antiques Roadshow and get it valued.

drinkfeckarse
12/05/2005, 3:43 PM
I laughed when I first saw that........2 years ago ;)

fosterdollar
12/05/2005, 3:44 PM
Tough crowd holidaysong

holidaysong
12/05/2005, 3:45 PM
Tough crowd holidaysong

Tell me about it..

As a country lad, I'd never heard it before so :p

Macy
12/05/2005, 3:48 PM
I laughed when I first saw that........2 years ago ;)
2 years ago, more like 22 years ago....

dancinpants
13/05/2005, 4:50 AM
2 years ago, more like 22 years ago....

:rolleyes: Ah now don't rip the balls out of it now Macy!!!

Macy
13/05/2005, 7:13 AM
:rolleyes: Ah now don't rip the balls out of it now Macy!!!
Ah no, seriously used to be paper based around about Liverpool/ City, with Beirut as where the striker was from.... :D