PDA

View Full Version : The Dalymount Trust Is Launched

bohs til i die
12/05/2005, 2:07 PM
http://www.dalymounttrust.org

Friday, 13th May, 2005 sees the launch of a new kind of supporters' group dedicated to a place that we all hold true in our hearts – Dalymount Park.

This great old stadium has been the home of Bohemian FC, and the spiritual home of Irish football, for 104 years. Over the last century it has seen some of the greatest glory and deepest pathos that Irish football can produce. In a hundred years the stadium itself has seen great swings in its fortunes as a sporting amenity and asset to Bohemians. In these modern times, when chasing glory on the pitch is seen as almost the only means of survival, we fans need to rally around our clubs and help wherever we can. But, we also have a duty to leave something of our club to future generations of Bohemians to enjoy as we have done and our predecessors have before us.

Football Legends Draw No. 1

Remember that great goal he scored against England in 1986? Remember the other one where he beat all those players? He’s a different class. He’s a Football Legend! Now you can have a priceless memento of that great occasion if you win our framed 1986 Argentina Jersey… signed by Maradona himself.

The Dalymount Trust is delighted to announce details of the first Football Legends Draw.

The grand prize will be a Signed & Framed, 1986, Diego Maradona Jersey, which is on view in the Members' Bar.

Tickets will be on sale in the ground from Friday 13th May, priced just €5.

We would actively encourage as many people as possible to take books of ten tickets to sell in work, at home or in their local pub.

Tickets are available from any of the members of the Trust, at home games, or by contacting us through the form in the Contact Section.

The draw will take place on Saturday June 18th, to coincide with our home game in the UEFA Intertoto Cup match.

Poor Student
12/05/2005, 2:25 PM
Very positive idea. Good luck.

Macy
13/05/2005, 7:31 AM
Very positive idea. Good luck.
Is it though, or is it a veiled attack on the policy of their committee?

Carlin
13/05/2005, 12:00 PM
Is it though, or is it a veiled attack on the policy of their committee?

Maybe it's a bit of both.

NY Hoop
13/05/2005, 12:36 PM
About time. Take away the main satnd and the place is crumbling. Weeds, rubbish etc. Take some pride in the historic place and clean it :D

KOH

Hibs4Ever
13/05/2005, 12:41 PM
About time. Take away the main satnd and the place is crumbling. Weeds, rubbish etc. Take some pride in the historic place and clean it :D

KOH

You can only laugh at rover's fans coming on and giving lip about other clubs stadiums :D :D

NY Hoop
13/05/2005, 12:47 PM
It is still a valid point. Doesnt matter who I support. It's like the front garden in your house. If it is in #### it reflects on you.

You rented Harold's Cross long enough yourself btw and well done for knocking a few hundred fans off the gate tonight with this ridiculous k.o. time.

KOH

Supersaint3
13/05/2005, 12:53 PM
depends on who you believe re the 7.00 cos pats, the league, and the siochanaí all say differently... rovers fans anyone...? :D

Hibs4Ever
13/05/2005, 12:56 PM
It is still a valid point. Doesnt matter who I support. It's like the front garden in your house. If it is in #### it reflects on you.

You rented Harold's Cross long enough yourself btw and well done for knocking a few hundred fans off the gate tonight with this ridiculous k.o. time.

KOH

Good man. It's a 7pm kick off because of Rover's fans.

btid1
13/05/2005, 1:57 PM

KOH

I have heard it all now.A rovers fan comes on this board and gives Bohs grief about the state of their stadium!!!!Let me see Rovers could potentially be docked 9 points tonight,your club is in examinership and you have (had) a half built crumbling building site out in Tallaght and you come on here to have a go at other clubs.Think before you speak.

When you get your own house in order then you can come back and have a go at Bohemian F.C. for the state of Dalymount Park.Before then worry about your own problems and getting YOUR house in order. :rolleyes:

Bohs Till I Die!

aido_b
13/05/2005, 2:11 PM
I have heard it all now.A rovers fan comes on this board and gives Bohs grief about the state of their stadium!!!!Let me see Rovers could potentially be docked 9 points tonight,your club is in examinership and you have (had) a half built crumbling building site out in Tallaght and you come on here to have a go at other clubs.Think before you speak.

When you get your own house in order then you can come back and have a go at Bohemian F.C. for the state of Dalymount Park.Before then worry about your own problems and getting YOUR house in order. :rolleyes:

Bohs Till I Die!

don't forget that they're losing all their best players too!

BohDiddley
13/05/2005, 2:14 PM

KOH
If it's any comfort NY, that one had me blowing my coffee down my nose.
You give these tenants an inch ...

Bohstron3030
13/05/2005, 4:00 PM

And what if you don't have a house, or a garden? :D

Buller
13/05/2005, 4:07 PM
And what if you don't have a house, or a garden? :D
What if the government were building you a nice new one... :p

Slash/ED
13/05/2005, 4:08 PM
don't forget that they're losing all their best players too!

Yeah imagine loseing all your best players in one swoop, that would have to hurt :)

NY Hoop
20/05/2005, 12:02 PM

Bohs Till I Die!

Did you even read my last post? It doesnt matter who I support. I do think before I "speak". Do you? Still a valid point.

Our half built stadium in Tallaght is less of a health risk than the connaught st side.

We, the fans, are trying to get our house in order but I can have a go against your lot anytime. Taking advise from a b**z fan? Have heard it all now b**z til I die of ignorance. :rolleyes:

KOH

Roverstillidie
20/05/2005, 3:46 PM
"has seen some of the greatest glory and deepest pathos that Irish football can produce"

yes it has. Rovers have won more trophies in dalyer than boyezzzz have.

:D