PDA

View Full Version : London Calling

Dublin12
12/05/2005, 10:35 AM
The Clash..what a song!!,absolute classic.Ray D'Arcy playing it now haven't heard it it a while.
Leave your favourite Clash song here.

Peadar
12/05/2005, 10:37 AM
Leave your favourite Clash song here.

There's a music forum for stuff like this.

Dublin12
12/05/2005, 10:38 AM
oops,should have put this in the music forum,sorry.

paul_oshea
12/05/2005, 10:38 AM
the one they never made!!!!

Anto McC
12/05/2005, 5:46 PM
London's Burning is my favorite Clash song.

ken foree
12/05/2005, 7:45 PM
i'd 'ave to say... guns of brixton

The Good Son
12/05/2005, 8:51 PM
(White Man) in Hammersmith Palais...no changed my mind Groovy Times... no changed my mind again Straight To Hell...sorry changed my mind again Spanish Bombs....oops change again Sombody Got Murdered... no Garageland definitely or then again maybe All Lost In A Supermarket......etc.

Neish
12/05/2005, 10:21 PM
(White Man) in Hammersmith Palais...no changed my mind Groovy Times... no changed my mind again Straight To Hell...sorry changed my mind again Spanish Bombs....oops change again Sombody Got Murdered... no Garageland definitely or then again maybe All Lost In A Supermarket......etc.

All classics and all were favs of mine at different times. Others worth a mention Magnificent seven, Death or glory, clampdown, bank robber,police and theives, safe european home

WeAreRovers
13/05/2005, 12:00 PM
Nice one lads, London Calling is the greatest album ever made and The Clash were the last great British band*

Favourite song? Tough one but today it would be Death or Glory, Stay Free or Train in Vain.

KOH

* Cue rants from Stone Roses and Smiths fans. :rolleyes:

ken foree
13/05/2005, 12:03 PM

and THE FALL fans :mad: ;)

rebs23
13/05/2005, 2:15 PM
Nice one lads, London Calling is the greatest album ever made and The Clash were the last great British band*

Favourite song? Tough one but today it would be Death or Glory, Stay Free or Train in Vain.

KOH

And New Order fans!!!!!

WeAreRovers
13/05/2005, 2:44 PM
Good call with New Order and the Fall. In fact New Order are actually my favourite British band of the last 20ish years. Confused? So am I. ;)

KOH

rebs23
13/05/2005, 2:59 PM
Good call with New Order and the Fall. In fact New Order are actually my favourite British band of the last 20ish years. Confused? So am I. ;)

KOH
Ah don't worry about it WAR it changes every day with me as well!

sylvo
13/05/2005, 8:04 PM
Tommy Gun.

CollegeTillIDie
13/05/2005, 10:11 PM
The Clash top 5

5/ Tommy Gun
4/ Bankrobber
3/ Should I Stay or Should I Go
2/ Rock The Casbah
1/ London Calling

I could be wrong or I could be right eh silvo? :D

Gerrit
13/05/2005, 11:52 PM
London Calling is a cracker song, really brilliant and good lyrics as well. :cool:

Should I Stay... is IMO a bad song, sorry. Not my style of music, lyrically not that good as well. Gimme London Calling anytime.

And if punk has to be discussed, don't forget about the brilliant The Damned. Everyone is going on on The Clash and The Ramones, but don't forget it were The Damned who released the first single in the genre and who came even a bit earlier than the others... And unlike the other two, The Damned are still going strong ! To quote Dave Vanian: "I don't care if they don't like us, what I do dislike is when they try to change history. We were there, weither they like it or not..." :cool:

CollegeTillIDie
14/05/2005, 7:35 AM
Should I Stay... is IMO a bad song, sorry. Not my style of music, lyrically not that good as well. Gimme London Calling anytime.

Well it's all a matter of personal taste. I like Should I Stay it is primitive. It sounds like take 1 of a demo tape. But the lyrical wordplay is good and it does depict those crossroads type decisions we all face at didfferent times in our lives. I agree that London Calling is a far better song hence their positions in My Clash Top 5.

You state on a thread elsewhere that you don't consider Beyonce ( and afro/caribbean and tanned women) to be that attractive. To Me she's a babe, too young and a little bit on the skinny side but stunningly attractive. A friend of mine interviewed her for a leading Irish magazine and says she's far better looking in person. I personally am pale enough for two people which is why I like tanned to extremely dark women . It's just a matter of personal taste. You like people who look like death warmed up and I don't :D

sylvo
14/05/2005, 12:41 PM
I could be wrong or I could be right eh silvo? :D

CollegetillIDie all I can say is, may the roads rise with you my friend. ;)

the 12 th man
14/05/2005, 2:17 PM
"daddy was. a bank robb-er"........."he never hurt nooo baww-dy"

Anto McC
14/05/2005, 8:58 PM
London Calling is a cracker song, really brilliant and good lyrics as well. :cool:

And if punk has to be discussed, don't forget about the brilliant The Damned. Everyone is going on on The Clash and The Ramones, but don't forget it were The Damned who released the first single in the genre and who came even a bit earlier than the others... And unlike the other two, The Damned are still going strong ! To quote Dave Vanian: "I don't care if they don't like us, what I do dislike is when they try to change history. We were there, weither they like it or not..." :cool:

What the hell........who the........go home man.

Neish
15/05/2005, 2:17 PM

Lets us not forget one of the best punk bands of all time IMO. Belfast's superb Stiff little fingers, a band Greenday are one of their inspirations