View Full Version : foot.ie in the herald last night

12/05/2005, 9:38 AM
mentioned the "boys on foot.ie" and quoted some chants that are regularly used on the terrraces.

handy way to fill column inches i tell yeh.

12/05/2005, 10:49 AM
mentioned the "boys on foot.ie" and quoted some chants that are regularly used on the terrraces.

handy way to fill column inches i tell yeh.

And slate the league when they see fit too !!

12/05/2005, 10:51 AM
mentioned the "boys on foot.ie" .
Wonder what Kerr's Tribe, Eiro06, Babysis, etc. make of that - or did they just not get a mention?

12/05/2005, 10:57 AM
Wonder what Kerr's Tribe, Eiro06, Babysis, etc. make of that - or did they just not get a mention?

i'd say its a catch all expression with no intention of ignoring our girl members :)

Eire06
12/05/2005, 11:13 AM
I'm sure it was ment to all members..
just like calling a mixed crowd of ppl 'lads'
I Chose to ignore it

12/05/2005, 11:23 AM

Doesn't bother me, I didn't summit a chant anyway! :D I just enjoyed the thread.

12/05/2005, 11:42 AM
Fair enough fellas

Eire06
12/05/2005, 12:02 PM
Fair enough fellas
Don't push it!!

12/05/2005, 2:05 PM
Its copying posts from the web still plagarism?

aido_b
12/05/2005, 5:11 PM
just a question, who wrote the article?

12/05/2005, 7:50 PM
And what did it say? Did it just list off a few of the chants or did it attempt some sort of story around them?

12/05/2005, 10:56 PM
Has foot.ie ever been mentioned in any so called ''reputable'' newspaper..?Cos The Scum and The Shambled are the worst feckin rags we got this counrty. Simply cannot read em they make me ill.

13/05/2005, 7:03 AM
We got featured in the Sunday tribune in their 'back of the net' column a while back

13/05/2005, 7:05 AM
And what did it say? Did it just list off a few of the chants or did it attempt some sort of story around them?

no effort at a story at all,it just listed about 6 or seven chants that you would hear.........like "never walk in alone in athlone" type stuff.

it was like they cherrypicked a thread from here.

Marko
13/05/2005, 8:36 AM
Putting herald in same sentence as the hillsbrough liars - now that's a severe lack of class. Are you smart enough to read Irish papers, and forgetting that junior soccer wouldn't be the same without the coverage it's given over the years. get a grip...

13/05/2005, 9:02 AM
The new “hip” football supplement is called Left Foot. Aingela Flannery writes at least one of the articles in it every week, she usually writes for womens magazines. Says it all really.

13/05/2005, 9:17 AM
Think we got a mention in the Independent a few weeks back in the In Off The Post section on saturday

13/05/2005, 9:58 AM
and forgetting that junior soccer wouldn't be the same without the coverage it's given over the years.

have to say their junior soccer section is very helpful for fixtures etc

13/05/2005, 12:16 PM
Putting herald in same sentence as the hillsbrough liars - now that's a severe lack of class. Are you smart enough to read Irish papers, and forgetting that junior soccer wouldn't be the same without the coverage it's given over the years. get a grip...

Fair point about the Junior Soccer and they're not in the same league as The Scum for sure but they are both badly written rags (sorry if ye work for em or something)

P.S. Come on...Do you really think you have to smart 'smart enough' to read any of Ireland's press?

13/05/2005, 12:22 PM

Maybe the journo was sexist ..... and intentionally worded it that way .... What paper was it again ?? ... the herald you say !! :eek: :p

13/05/2005, 12:23 PM
Has foot.ie ever been mentioned in any so called ''reputable'' newspaper..?
Was in the Irish Times as well a couple of weeks ago.

14/05/2005, 11:47 PM
I saw the article and was very proud of myself for starting the thread and the fact that they used some of the songs i posted. :cool:

15/05/2005, 9:54 AM
Was in the Irish Times as well a couple of weeks ago.
Yes but he said a reputable newspaper. The Irish Times has a deservedly sh1t reputation in EL fan circles cause they have bugger all coverage of the League in real terms.

15/05/2005, 9:56 AM
We got featured in the Sunday tribune in their 'back of the net' column a while back
Geez Louise! The bloody Turbine? You cannot even get match reports from Saturday night games in that yoke!

15/05/2005, 7:40 PM
Geez Louise!

:confused: Did he just say..................Christ almighty.

16/05/2005, 1:29 PM
Maybe the journo was sexist ..... and intentionally worded it that way .... What paper was it again ?? ... the herald you say !! :eek: :p

Christ all this reminds me of a letter we got from a flippin sociologist in the observer in ucd when I was still studying there. She was responding to a letter by someone saying that students should support college teams in all sports (and no neither I nor any of the UCD fans I know on this forum wrote it) and he finished by saying "support the boys in blue." Becuase of this one comment yer one wrote in giving out awful stick about what was cleary an innocent use of alliteration. It's people who react like this that make me hate this whole PC crap we have to put up with in society

17/05/2005, 1:14 PM
Just reading through this threads. The tabloids aren't reputable for obvious reasons and the broadsheets aren't reputable because they don't focus enough on the EL. What are we left with? :)

17/05/2005, 1:34 PM
the thread about Paul McGrath on primetime is in today's sun

17/05/2005, 2:00 PM
Here...This guy from the Sun is getting loads of press out of the combined knowledge from this thread...I reckon its one of their journalists James McNamara possibly. Why not show your face if your if your registered on here?