PDA

View Full Version : Footballculture.co.uk disappears

Gerrit
11/05/2005, 9:58 PM
One of the better and more original football websites is going to leave us :(

Footballculture.co.uk didn't promote a club but a sport. It brought stories about clubs, their fans, their love for the game, players, history of clubs and teams, ... Both the world's biggest clubs and the smaller teams no one heard of before came on the site. For example: an article on Manchester United was followed by one on a local USA amateur league and on the national side of Benin and its fans.

I think it's a shame that such a site disappears. We have so many club sites, even sites AGAINST certain clubs, ... but only few really good sites spreading the love for the game. Because we may be divided by our choice of club, but we're united by our love for the game. Still only few really good websites promote the game and the way of life that supporting football has become.

If anyone would ever start up a site like footballculture.co.uk I would be very happy to corporate on it and write articles. If only I knew HTML I would even do it myself...

4tothefloor
11/05/2005, 10:23 PM
If only I knew HTML I would even do it myself...

Dreamweaver

Gerrit
13/05/2005, 11:57 PM
Dream-what ? :confused: Given the thread subject I take it is a sort of programming-for-dummies software ?

My knowledge of webbuilding is very limited, hope to enrole in a course anytime soon...