PDA

View Full Version : Gavin set for Darlington switch

A face
11/05/2005, 9:54 PM
Gavin set for Darlington switch

Shamrock Rovers’ former Republic of Ireland under-21 international defender Jason Gavin is expected to complete a move to Coca-Cola League Two side Darlington in the summer, according to a morning newspaper report.

Ex-Middlesbrough man Gavin was snapped up by Hoops boss Roddy Collins after his spell at Bradford City came to an end.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17280)

thecorner
12/05/2005, 12:02 AM
roddy's team falling apart already
mccourt,gavin................who's next :D

Slash/ED
12/05/2005, 12:18 AM
Shoddys transfer dealings coming to the fore again. Signs a load of (mainly completley inept) players on contracts until june so they'll now all disappear back to England again. McCourt is the only loss though, the rest have been poor.

EnDai
12/05/2005, 11:21 AM
Wasn't his plan to do that, and have enough points to survive on then? :p

pete
12/05/2005, 2:00 PM
Gavin hasn't impressed based on Bohs & City games. He looks a bit off the pace & not someone who played in 1st & 2nd tier of english football recently.

Roo69
12/05/2005, 2:14 PM
Gavin hasn't impressed based on Bohs & City games. He looks a bit off the pace & not someone who played in 1st & 2nd tier of english football recently.

He was no great shakes against Bray either. no massive loss to Rovers

Poor Student
12/05/2005, 2:21 PM
Is McCourt definately for the off? Roddy really annoys me the way he does his dealings. Same at Dub City last year. Released about 10 players, signed more short term risky signings. Seems not to plan for the future of a club. Yes, his appointment may be short term and uncertain but you have an obligation to plan properly for a club.

Slash/ED
12/05/2005, 4:43 PM
He's a clown, all of these signings were completley idotic and bar McCourt they're all average to down right rubbish players anyway. After the window opens Rovers will be in some position thanks to this eejit.

Poor Student
12/05/2005, 4:45 PM
He's a clown, all of these signings were completley idotic and bar McCourt they're all average to down right rubbish players anyway. After the window opens Rovers will be in some position thanks to this eejit.

At the same time knowing his wheeling and dealing he'll bring in another group of players on a contract till November, some or most of whom will prove to be non-entities. When you consider probable Gavin's hasty departure and his performances, was it worth letting a loyal servant like Terry Palmer go?

Slash/ED
12/05/2005, 4:46 PM
It definitely wasn't, and I'd hazard a guess that Palmer could have been signed for half the wages too.

Will Roddy have the money to wheel and deal now though?

aido_b
12/05/2005, 5:01 PM
Gavin was never going to stick around, he just came back to Ireland to get his fitness levels back up in anticipation of a move back to England.

I hear that Roddys been in touch with Carlton Palmer and Efan Ekoku for a return to the Eircom League after their fantastic performances last season! :D

GavinZac
12/05/2005, 5:11 PM
i deny this rumour

joeraki
12/05/2005, 5:28 PM
I agree to a certain extent about signing players on short term contracts, if they are crap then its easier to get rid of them or do things like Dundalk and Bohs and sign mediocre/average players on 2/3 contracts, pay top wack wages and watch the lazy ****s do nothing for the next few years :mad:

Troy.McClure
12/05/2005, 5:32 PM
I hear that Roddys been in touch with Carlton Palmer and Efan Ekoku for a return to the Eircom League after their fantastic performances last season! :D

i deny this rumour

GavinZac is Roddy Collins! :eek: :D

Éanna
12/05/2005, 5:34 PM
GavinZac is Roddy Collins! :eek: :D
nah, gavinzac doesn't have roddy's dress-"sense" at all :D

GavinZac
12/05/2005, 5:36 PM
nah, gavinzac doesn't have roddy's dress-"sense" at all :D

my ties have been likened to noel king's though