PDA

View Full Version : Whitehouse being evacuated

Green Tribe
11/05/2005, 4:11 PM
Reports on radio about the Whitehouse, Capitol Hill etc being evacuated, seems to be a mad panic :confused:

Green Tribe
11/05/2005, 4:18 PM
Seems that an aircraft has entered the no-fly zone

here (http://today.reuters.com/News/newsArticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyID=2005-05-11T161203Z_01_WBT003041_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-SECURITY-WASHINGTON-DC.XML)

11th may, people will jump to conclusions......

strangeirish
11/05/2005, 4:51 PM
I think George Dubya just had another brain fart and this one got picked up on radar :D

Green Tribe
11/05/2005, 4:54 PM
I think George Dubya just had another brain fart and this one got picked up on radar :D

:D looks like the all clear was given, thank God, :D

liam88
11/05/2005, 5:03 PM
:D looks like the all clear was given, thank God, :D
yea yea some Cessna flew in and they sambled jet's and shot flares at it.....can't imagine a cesna doing that much damage to the whitehouse....les it was packed with exlosives of curse, better safe than sorry!

ciaran76
11/05/2005, 5:04 PM
Reports on radio about the Whitehouse, Capitol Hill etc being evacuated, seems to be a mad panic :confused:

Why do i reckon that this will get more news today then the 71 killed in four suicide blasts in Iraq ??

A story made up to remind the US why they are in Iraq ??? etc etc ;)

Aberdonian Stu
11/05/2005, 5:43 PM
In fairness Ciaran while I have more interest in the Iraq story the media know that their audience are more likely to care about the Bush story so I don't you should be too hard on prioritising it.

Also it's not every day that there's a threat (albeit not a real one in the end) of a plane flying into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Sadly in recent times the Iraq story isn't too different from a lot of reports coming from there. Hence the logical priority for most in our media is the Whitehouse story.

pete
11/05/2005, 5:51 PM
Last month they had a similar incident where radar operator called for White House to be evacuated but was resolved in couple of minutes as was only a blip on the radar.

:rolleyes:

Operators will be scred sh!tless in case they don't make THE call.

Gerrit
11/05/2005, 7:50 PM
So Bush was finally forced to leave the White House, yes !!! Too bad they let him back in, that wasn't part of my wish :mad:

Neish
12/05/2005, 10:20 AM
So Bush was finally forced to leave the White House, yes !!! Too bad they let him back in, that wasn't part of my wish :mad:

He wasn't there at the time but his wife and Regan's wife were and ad to be evacuated.