PDA

View Full Version : Skippy

Pages : [1] 2

SÓC
03/03/2002, 8:59 PM
Am I correct in thinking that Skippy is now the clubs joint top scorer ever?

The sooner the man gets a worthy testomional the better, no other City player deserves it as much

Gary
03/03/2002, 9:08 PM
179 goals I think and that equals Jonny Cs record.

Yes, he certainly deserves a big testimonial. Who would it be against. Id presume Celtic.

James
03/03/2002, 11:11 PM
i'd love to see a 3way testimonial for 3 of our greatest ever and most loyal players

Skippy
Deccie
Johnny C

pete
04/03/2002, 9:26 AM
I think its actually something like 180 total league goals with him joint highest city scorer ever at 129 or there abouts with Johhny C.

Jim Smith
04/03/2002, 11:09 AM
I'd be interested to see the number of goals scored per minute played for City. This would allow a true comparison of their (and anybody else's) scoring rate. Any stattos out there have this info to hand?

yan
04/03/2002, 11:57 AM
nobody wanted to give him a test. when he went to $hel$

Troy.McClure
04/03/2002, 2:19 PM
Yes, but now we can be fickle in a good way! ;)

Éanna
04/03/2002, 3:38 PM
Morley is one of the most professional and skilfull players ever to grace domestic football onthis island. The sooner he gets the recognition he deserves, the better.

Neil
04/03/2002, 3:41 PM
Whatever about the charlatan Johnny C, Pat Morley definitely deserves a testimonial.

yiddo
04/03/2002, 5:31 PM
Neil
I am slow so you'll have to explain how morley deserves a testimonial but caulfield doesn't??

Neil
04/03/2002, 5:42 PM
After the role Caulfield played in ousting Mountfield, I would never trust the ****er again.

Good player, served us well, but spoiled it at the end by his back-stabbing.

Troy.McClure
04/03/2002, 6:01 PM
What exactly did that "Group of 5" do by the way?
Does anyone have any actual proof (other than 'A mate of mine, who is fairly relieable') of what they did (or didnt) do?
Can we have a named quote if there is one please?

('Goalside' style question)
How did Jonny C specifically stab DM in the back? Was it with a knife or a sword?

goalside
04/03/2002, 7:05 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

('Goalside' style question)
How did Jonny C specifically stab DM in the back? Was it with a knife of a sword?

Brilliant question troy. i think neil will say with a dagger just to be smart but we are entitled to an answer after accusing such a great city player.

dalo
05/03/2002, 1:49 PM
i have been asking this question for ages on this board and as usual i get no answers so don't expect anything different.

personally i think this stabbing DM in the back thing is a load of B/s :o

joe
05/03/2002, 2:12 PM
anyone remember that old saying about smoke and fire? :D

mouldymurphy
05/03/2002, 3:30 PM
i do wasnt it dont smoke in bed incase the sheets catch on fire :D

goalside
05/03/2002, 7:43 PM
Originally posted by joe
anyone remember that old saying about smoke and fire? :D
another brilliant reply. :D it seems people make accusations and then dont support them. is he a directer of city or what :confused:

yiddo
05/03/2002, 8:51 PM
Lets have a testimonial for the gang of 5. If they got rid of Mountfield they deserve it. I keep hearing this crap about the gang of 5 and Johnny C in particular. (If this gangs exists and if they got rid of Mountfield fair play to them. We'd be playing Cobh twice more every season if Mountfield were still in charge). Johnny Caulfield is a player who has given over 16 years loyal service to one club not like Skippy who cleared off when thing weren't going to good back in 1996 but arrived back just in time for our league cup triumph in Dec 1998.

Ok to be fair Skippy has always given good service to City but to propose a testimonial for him and ignore Johnny C, and Deccie for that matter, is nothing more than a joke. Hows about a joint testimonial against a Derek Mountfield selection to celebrate the switching on of the floodlights?

Peadar
05/03/2002, 9:14 PM
We could arrange a testimonial against that Irish team from Scotland, you know the one with the green shirts!
Our old friend McCabe is second in command up there, you know the one :D

Neil
06/03/2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by dalo
i have been asking this question for ages on this board and as usual i get no answers so don't expect anything different.

personally i think this stabbing DM in the back thing is a load of B/s :o
It has been explained many times on this message board and on citynet. If you are too lazy to read it that is your own fault. You might think it is "B/S" but then you then again you are one of the 'Gang of Rose Tinted Specs' and there is no real point in trying to talk to you!

James
06/03/2002, 12:37 AM
lol

just got my copy of 451 in the post today (thanks 451 for posting it out to me) .. and i saw the pic of the guy looking to buy the rose tinted glasses..

is that you Dalo
:D

dalo
06/03/2002, 7:54 AM
Originally posted by Neil

It has been explained many times on this message board and on citynet. If you are too lazy to read it that is your own fault. You might think it is "B/S" but then you then again you are one of the 'Gang of Rose Tinted Specs' and there is no real point in trying to talk to you!

alright maybe i have missed something on the two message boards but i have never seen anything to sustantiate any of this gang of 5 sh**te. (besides why does a gang always have to be 5? :D ) sounds like a cheap soundbite to me!!!

maybe some of the guys "that do know" are talking in encrypted code on the message board and that is why I can't get the "obvious truth".

asfar as I know Dm left because a) the results were pretty dire b) his family were estranged in England c) he lost command of his players. Dm just because he was foolish enough to pay attention to the ccfcsc and attend a few of their meetings is supposed to be some kind of hero?

JC is a absolute gentleman and anyone who met him would tell you the same.

as for rose tinted glasses sure where would I be without them :cool:

joe
06/03/2002, 8:09 AM

asfar as I know Dm left because a) the results were pretty dire b) his family were estranged in England c) he lost command of his players.

whatever about a) and c), b) had nothing to do with it

Dm just because he was foolish enough to pay attention to the ccfcsc and attend a few of their meetings is supposed to be some kind of hero?

interesting use of the word 'foolish'. i'll say no more than this: it should be a duty of any football manager to be willing to attend an official supporters club meeting when invited

as for rose tinted glasses sure where would I be without them :cool:

any idea where i can get a pair? I've a feeling I'll need them come July :D

James
06/03/2002, 11:48 AM

JC is a absolute gentleman and anyone who met him would tell you the same.

no doubt about it JC is proper a gentleman in "real life" ..well just as longs as youre not the person marking him in a Junior 3 legue match, cause even though he was probably 10 years older then me and alot bigger then me he still attemped to beat 7 shades of crap out of me....but again maybe that was him being a gentleman...that guy gives more off the ball belts then anyone i've ever seen,heard or played against...

Anyway no hard feelings here, cause I beleive I scored 1-2 off him , playing from wing back that day..cheers JC :D

dalo
06/03/2002, 12:40 PM
well it is a man's game james. :D

pete
06/03/2002, 1:50 PM
Originally posted by James

Anyway no hard feelings here, cause I beleive I scored 1-2 off him , playing from wing back that day..cheers JC :D

But more importantly what did he score against you James?

:D

James
06/03/2002, 1:54 PM
well if u really want to know, i think twas only a point, jammy sod :D

dalo
06/03/2002, 1:55 PM
message edited:
FAO: dalo I do beleive that you have been warned before about some of your postings, please dont overstep the mark again, thanks..

james

Pablo
06/03/2002, 2:16 PM
Down with censorship! freedom for all! :D

pete
06/03/2002, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Pablo
Down with censorship! freedom for all! :D

Another one of dalos commie fellow travellers eh?

Becareful or you'll feel the (virtual) pain of a Moderators Jackboot!!!

;)

dalo
06/03/2002, 2:35 PM
ok ok i give up -Murphy out !!!!! Murphy out!!!! Murphy out!!!!!! :D

patsh
06/03/2002, 2:51 PM
Originally posted by pete
Another one of dalos commie fellow travellers eh?
What is wrong with being a commie?
Albert Camus, well known commie, superb goalkeeper..... :p
Pope John Paul 2, anti-commie, hopeless goalie.... :(
I rest my case...... :D

Pablo
06/03/2002, 4:28 PM
Ah peat i'm a marxist at heart dont ya know ;)

pete
06/03/2002, 5:09 PM
I knew it ! i'll weed ye all anti-irish satan worshiping commies yet!

Senator McCarthy is my hero. ;)

Pablo
06/03/2002, 5:19 PM
just noticed the Freudian mis-spelling of your name!

down you capitalist Pig!

Pablo
06/03/2002, 5:20 PM
god how far off topic has this gone??? :D

goalside
06/03/2002, 7:30 PM
its gone way off the topic. anyway morley deserves a testimonail and we should play shels his old club. now dont anyone mess around

Troy.McClure
06/03/2002, 8:43 PM
Shouldnt we play Rangers or IFK, two of the more famous clubs that he scored against? Either them or a Shels or Rambelers + "special guests".

It would be nice if we could get Man U over here, Id love to see Keane & Irwin play IN Cork.

dalo
07/03/2002, 9:41 AM
James and neil are two of the nicest guys I have ever met in cyberspace :D Now my position is clear I shall proceed.

Pat and the rest deserve a testimonial but it would proabably cost the club more money to get a cross- channel over here than what they would make.

Anyway we can then always give deccie stick when he gets a roasting off beckham and Morley a earful when he can't run any faster. Just to show there is no hard feelings :D

pete
07/03/2002, 11:14 AM
Testimonial should be against either $hel$ or an eL XI selection. I don't think it would be hard to get Cronin, Woods, Hill, Herrick, Kelvin & some other players from around the league play against City? Could alos use Mooney for other keeper

So testimonail team could be

Mooney
XXXX, Hill, XXXX, Cronin
XXXX, Kelvin, Herrick, Woods,
XXXX, XXXX

If Olllie leaves he can take a midfield slot.

James
07/03/2002, 12:02 PM
James and neil are two of the nicest guys I have ever met in cyberspace :D

What the hell are you on mister?
I think someones found goalsides secret stash

mouldymurphy
07/03/2002, 1:20 PM

Mooney
XXXX, Hill, XXXX, Cronin
XXXX, XXXX

id be worried about playing that team they have a couple of good crossers on it :D

James
07/03/2002, 1:33 PM

Mooney
XXXX, Hill, XXXX, Cronin
XXXX, XXXX

ok who reckons that 6 (even with no striker) could beat the current "manager-less" :D , city 11

mouldymurphy
07/03/2002, 1:40 PM
doubt it sure were on top form now didn't we score 9 goals in 2 games :D :D

Troy.McClure
07/03/2002, 3:59 PM
Mooney
XXXX, Hill, XXXX, Cronin
XXXX, XXXX

Kabia, Dobbs or Glynn? Out of interest Id like to see Tynan on the left to see how he has come on.

pete
07/03/2002, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure

Kabia, Dobbs or Glynn? Out of interest Id like to see Tynan on the left to see how he has come on.

Kabia, Dobbs

LOL, I'm sure it would be great to drag the "ever popular" Dobbsy out of non-league footie.

Johnny 'he of the mud goal' Glynn might b a bit old for a comeback although considering he a fitness instructor of some type maybe he'd be fit enough.

I didn't add Tynan as he never really played for the club much...

A face
07/03/2002, 4:35 PM
Dave Barry and Miya Dennehy, surely they should get a place ....... actually lads i dont have a clue who to pick. Ideally you would want a huge crowd and you would get a better crowd if you had some of the national team/capped players/retired and well known. As for Roy and Denis playing, they would have forgotten where Cork is by now. Not to mind coming home for a game of footie.

dalo
07/03/2002, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by A face
. As for Roy and Denis playing, they would have forgotten where Cork is by now. Not to mind coming home for a game of footie.

probably won't be able to afford them. what about brian carey and bbm coming back?

ccfcman
09/03/2002, 10:17 AM
will skippy,daly,caufield and other retired staff be gettin a testamonial???
<asa a completley irelavent(bad spellin) point as a tribute to skippy we should try and continue this as the longest threadon foot>

Éanna
11/03/2002, 2:32 PM

1. never seen anything to sustantiate any of this gang of 5 sh**te.

2.asfar as I know Dm left because a) the results were pretty dire b) his family were estranged in England c) he lost command of his players.

3. Dm just because he was foolish enough to pay attention to the ccfcsc and attend a few of their meetings is supposed to be some kind of hero?

4.JC is a absolute gentleman and anyone who met him would tell you the same.

1. As I already said Dalo, people don't make baseless accusations- no smoke without fire, as joe said. People have to be careful what they say, because it could cause trouble, but suffice it to say that I would never make an allegation such as that without having heard it from sources I trust & which have been right in the past.

2. a=no, Gunther's not doing much better. Mountfield didn't leave, he was sacked. He wanted to fight on- the guy was not a quitter. b=Nothing to do with it, sure it wasn't easy, but he was in the process of sorting that out I believe. C= He treated amateurs and backstabbers with too much respect and as thoug they were pros, and got fcuked over for it.

3. Foolish? You call yourself a City fan? The Supporters club is there for City fans. We're the ones who devote our time to the club for nothing- the number of CCSC members who are involved in CityLotto and on matchday would probably surprise many people. The fact that Murphy hasnt got the b@lls to go to a meeting says a lot about him. BTW. do you include Brian Lennox, Jim Murphy, Greg Cantillon etc., in that category of "stupid" because they went to meetings too?! :rolleyes:

4. In my 6 years supporting City, I have never met anyone more courteous, pleasant and genuinely nice than Derek Mountfield. I'm sure Johnny Cis a lovely chap too, as long as you're not trying to convince him that he should retire because he's too old :rolleyes: