PDA

View Full Version : Shelbourne v Doire ar TG4

paudie
11/05/2005, 4:11 PM
I sent an email to TG4 to ask would they be showing Galway v Cork City in the Cup and they (very promptly) replied to say that they would be showing Shels v Derry on 10th June.

Bluebeard
11/05/2005, 4:25 PM
Síol Na mBroin i gcoinne Cathar An Doire, an ea? (gabh mo léithscéil chuig na fíor gaelgoirí atá ar foot.ie)

I had hope TG4 might have done what they usually do witht he GAA and rugby and featured matches involving teams from counties with a Gaeltacht (Waterford has a gaeltacht ;) ), but it seems not. It's a shame - it might have meant a few games perhaps from the first division and outside of DUblin for a change.

Does anyone know any more about their planned games?

BohDiddley
11/05/2005, 5:02 PM
(Waterford has a gaeltacht ;) )
Sea. Ceart go leor!

Troy.McClure
11/05/2005, 5:12 PM
Is TG4 broadcast in the north? :confused: It's the tie of the round so I suppose it wasnt too much of a surprise that thats the one to be shown.

dancinpants
11/05/2005, 5:20 PM
Is TG4 broadcast in the north?

I remember gettin' it back at home anyway.

Aberdonian Stu
11/05/2005, 5:25 PM
I had hope TG4 might have done what they usually do witht he GAA and rugby and featured matches involving teams from counties with a Gaeltacht (Waterford has a gaeltacht ;) ), but it seems not. It's a shame - it might have meant a few games perhaps from the first division and outside of DUblin for a change.

In fairness that's BS.

TG4's policy is covering GAA and Rugby has generally been based on a tie-of-the-round format and if a football game not in Dublin has that status on a week they plan to broadcast they'll show it.

The only extra focus they give the Gaeltacht with regards to Live broadcasts is coverage of Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta.

As regards Rugby all the provinces have a Gaeltacht, although I doubt there's much interest in Rath Cairn or Gaoth Dóbhair (cue the Gaoth Dóbhair RFC supporters club condemning this post :D

MariborKev
11/05/2005, 6:46 PM
Is TG4 broadcast in the north? :confused: It's the tie of the round so I suppose it wasnt too much of a surprise that thats the one to be shown.

Yeah,

We get it on analogue in Derry and since last month, on Sky Digital as well

dortie
11/05/2005, 8:29 PM
Yeah,

We get it on analogue in Derry and since last month, on Sky Digital as well

And we get Tayto crisps and club orange too :D ......

TonyD
11/05/2005, 8:43 PM
And Harp lager .. ughhh.

Macy
12/05/2005, 7:14 AM
And Harp lager .. ughhh.
But not Bulmers ;)

carrickharp
12/05/2005, 7:31 AM
But not Bulmers ;)

Wrong it's called Magners.

Macy
12/05/2005, 7:43 AM
Wrong it's called Magners.
Didn't know that, hence I didn't put in a smilie.....

dortie
12/05/2005, 9:28 PM
And Harp lager .. ughhh.

A good cold pint of Harp is hard to whack now and again.

Must admit though the tayto down south are nicer than ours.

amarach
14/05/2005, 8:56 AM

You don't get Jonnie Onion Rings though ;) lol

CollegeTillIDie
14/05/2005, 10:21 AM

Ye must be southern papists then :D