PDA

View Full Version : Strange ebay item

LFC in Exile
11/05/2005, 2:59 PM
Who had these made?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2885&item=5192360374&rd=1

:D

Larry 'da' Wyse
11/05/2005, 3:02 PM
He seems to offer loads of clubs - from Espanyol to Athlone Town!

Nempton
11/05/2005, 3:05 PM
Maybe we should be asking Gael? :p
I'd love to know what the lightning bolt has to do with Limerick FC, there are no bids yet LFCIE so its all yours if you want. Just think how cool your car would look :p

tiktok
11/05/2005, 3:15 PM
Yeah, he had a Cork Hibs one up a while back.
good idea, but a bit of research wouldn't go amiss :D

LFC in Exile
11/05/2005, 3:18 PM
The guy must have made it himself - that was the logo when Fr Joe was in charge (before commitment to excellence). I remember the logo on merchandise like beenie hats a couple of years ago - but it never appeared on the jersies. Critical merchandising mistake right there! :)

Its okay Nempton, my car looks cool enough with my Limerick FC scarf across the top of the back seats! They said my window wouldn't last....

Bythe way, this guy obviously lives in a safe neighbourhood where young fellas wouldn't rob a magnetic sign. Or else he robbed them himself!

LFC in Exile
11/05/2005, 3:22 PM
Obviously he did some research. he knows that Cobh fans are too young todrive. :D

gael353
11/05/2005, 5:49 PM
Would you belive that logo cost the club a bomb at the time and even now it would be expencive. When it frist came out the fans thought it had something to do with seseme street u know the thing at the end CFF with the dodgy yellow stripes goingthrough it. The guy who did it still owns the www.limerickfc.com handle although it should be comming to an end soon :D could someone check this out? he works out of the tait. I thought the whole thing was sad overall as the arrow pointed down!

LFC in Exile
12/05/2005, 11:24 AM
I thought the whole thing was sad overall as the arrow pointed down!

You think lightning should go up? :)

4tothefloor
12/05/2005, 4:01 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that logo looks very like the old Leeds Utd one. I think Leeds had a Lightening logo with LUFC across it during the late 60's or 70's. Ironic, seeing that our new crest is also a blatent rip-off of Leeds Utd's current crest. We also seem to have adopted their colours this year, Blue, Yellow, White.....

LFC in Exile
12/05/2005, 5:23 PM
Yeah the badge is very like the current Leeds one. The colours though aren't really similar. Leeds are white with a tiny bit of yellow and blue, ut for us its blue with a tiny bit of yellow and white. Hardly adopting their colours. Now if we turned up in an all-white strip and couldn't play football I'd wonder about the Leeds influence. :)

4tothefloor
12/05/2005, 5:47 PM
Plenty of Leeds away strips over the last few years are the same colours as our home strip, I should know, the brother has every single one of them! Where did the yellow trim come from this season? I don't like it on the home strip at all. The colours of the home strip should never change, adding yellow is a big change in my opinion

sadloserkid
13/05/2005, 12:34 PM
The colours of the home strip should never change

They've changed plenty of times already given that we started in red and white and actually played in yellow at one stage if I've been told the truth.

joeSoap
13/05/2005, 12:59 PM
They've changed plenty of times already given that we started in red and white and actually played in yellow at one stage if I've been told the truth.

Yep....yellow and green a la Norwich City was the attire in the late 80's /early nineties during wonkys time. Nice gear; decent side too including John Power, Ray O'Halloran, Johnny Mullane, Christy Coll, Declan Hyde, Marcus Tuite, Johnny Walsh was still there....finished 4th in the league....

Ash
13/05/2005, 1:16 PM
He's been trying to sell that Athlone Town one for ages
Was tempted a few times to buy it, but then Id have to
go and buy a car to put it on!

LFC in Exile
13/05/2005, 1:25 PM
Yep....yellow and green a la Norwich City was the attire in the late 80's /early nineties during wonkys time. Nice gear; decent side too including John Power, Ray O'Halloran, Johnny Mullane, Christy Coll, Declan Hyde, Marcus Tuite, Johnny Walsh was still there....finished 4th in the league....

I have one of those jersies - Johnny Walsh's actually.

The cool thing of course is the Confederate Flags all along the sleeves (it was the logo of the company that made them - Union Sport).

If your interested in the club colours check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick_FC

LFC in Exile
13/05/2005, 1:25 PM

You'd think to flog an Athlone one he'd need to throw in a car as well. :)

hamish
13/05/2005, 1:35 PM

Would it be too big for a fridge ASH? I'm tempted, I really am. :o

4tothefloor
13/05/2005, 5:30 PM
Would it be too big for a fridge ASH? I'm tempted, I really am. :o

It'd actually look better on a fridge than a car.

That yellow and green kit came with the change to Limerick City. When we returned to Limerick FC we reverted back to the traditional Blue and White, and that's the way it should stay in my opinion. A little yellow maybe, but there's too much of it on the new kit.

hamish
13/05/2005, 11:21 PM
It'd actually look better on a fridge than a car.

That yellow and green kit came with the change to Limerick City. When we returned to Limerick FC we reverted back to the traditional Blue and White, and that's the way it should stay in my opinion. A little yellow maybe, but there's too much of it on the new kit.

Might just go for it so.