PDA

View Full Version : Flares/Smoke

shedite
03/03/2002, 8:19 PM
Just wondering where those flares and smoke things from the Derry game a few months back came from. Anyone with any information please e-mail me : marcusocanainn@hotmail.com

James
03/03/2002, 8:20 PM
tifo website (http://www.tifo.it/)

there u go Mark.. but they are now banned at the X remember
:D

James
03/03/2002, 8:23 PM
see this thread for fans guidlines

guidelines for city fans (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2406)

shedite
03/03/2002, 8:32 PM
Actually James it's my principal who has asked me to get them!

I had one of the smoke things at the match today (we beat De La Salle Skibereen James!) and he told me he'd throw a few quid my way to arrange something for the final.

Thanks anyway.

James
03/03/2002, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by shedite
Actually James it's my principal who has asked me to get them!

I had one of the smoke things at the match today (we beat De La Salle Skibereen James!) and he told me he'd throw a few quid my way to arrange something for the final.

Thanks anyway.

ok well tell your principle they are illegal AFAIK
and as for ye beating Skibb.....baastads....

if you are getting them though i think they take a while to order so do it in plenty of time..

A face
04/03/2002, 3:43 PM
Lads, Balloon Surprise on Lavitt's Quay (Half moon street, yes ... where the half moon club is, on the riverside of the street) have got Red Green and White wigs in right now, and they also have plain red wigs as well, if anyone wanted to invest in a wig of the club colours.

If a few people wear them they look great. :D

Peadar
04/03/2002, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by shedite
Just wondering where those flares and smoke things from

If it's flares you're after then don't waste your money on the TIFO one's because they spit out crap on everyone within a few metres and aren't very good.
Try any decent marine/sailing shop and you'll get the proper type for best effect.
Just be responsible with them. People have died as a result of being burned by flares.
Who're you playing in the final?

Éanna
04/03/2002, 4:14 PM
TIFO ones aren't as good quality, but they do come in different colours AND are cheaper. If used properly they're alright.

shedite
04/03/2002, 5:20 PM
It's the smoke affect I'm mostly interested in. Any ideas where else I could get them? The ones from Italy have a 50 EURO minimum order which works out at about 23 of them.

We're playing Coláiste na Sceilige, Kerry in the final.

shedboy
05/03/2002, 1:17 PM
Try Union Chandlery, next to the Bus station in Cork. They were quiet happy to sell me flairs before the Athlone game a few years back hopefully things haven't changed

mouldymurphy
05/03/2002, 3:27 PM
Originally posted by shedboy
Try Union Chandlery, next to the Bus station in Cork. They were quiet happy to sell me flairs before the Athlone game a few years back hopefully things haven't changed
they stoped me before told me i needed a sailing card of some sort .
by the way they are after moving dont know where

Éanna
06/03/2002, 5:35 PM
Originally posted by shedboy
hopefully things haven't changed from what I hear you need a sailing licence or some kind of permit nowadays in there.

goalside
06/03/2002, 7:18 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
from what I hear you need a sailing licence or some kind of permit nowadays in there.
im all at sea on this one,

ccfcman
09/03/2002, 10:08 AM
try the union chandlery, AFAIL they've moved to a new location in the city

Colm
09/03/2002, 2:48 PM
As far as i know flares are "banned"(wot a loada ****e) in the cross but the smoke isnt. when a lot of that smoke is released at the same time it looks great and really adds to the atmospere

Schumi
09/03/2002, 2:53 PM
Air horns seem to be a grey area. Last season the stewards told us we could only use an air horn if we scored. I have never been happier to get a penalty! (even if it did nearly give me frostbite in my hand)