PDA

View Full Version : No international return for Rovers star

A face
11/05/2005, 2:33 PM
No international return for Rovers star

Despite his stunning form for Shamrock Rovers in the eircom League over the past two months, Pat McCourt is not expected to make a return to Lawrie Sanchez’s Northern Ireland international squad – at least until he seals a move to one of the top two divisions across the water.

McCourt won one senior cap during his time at Rochdale, but has been restricted to the under-21 grade in recent times.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17267)

thecorner
11/05/2005, 5:54 PM
No international return for Rovers star

Despite his stunning form for Shamrock Rovers in the eircom League over the past two months, Pat McCourt is not expected to make a return to Lawrie Sanchez’s Northern Ireland international squad – at least until he seals a move to one of the top two divisions across the water.

McCourt won one senior cap during his time at Rochdale, but has been restricted to the under-21 grade in recent times.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17267)

what's that saying again...beggars cant be chooser's

norn ireland squad is a pity. he should be able to make it playing in the EL

WeAreRovers
11/05/2005, 6:08 PM
If McCourt isn't good enough for Norn Iron they must have some very special players. :rolleyes:

KOH

Speranza
11/05/2005, 6:19 PM
He clearly didn't make it playing in Britian so I see no reason to include him in the Norn Iron squad after a few good preformances in the EL. Should have decided to play for the republic anyways. :mad:

thecorner
12/05/2005, 8:39 AM
Should have decided to play for the republic anyways. :mad:

wouldnt get onto ROI side

should walk onto norn ireland side

Andyh
12/05/2005, 5:02 PM
He didn't make it England cus he's supposed to have a bit of an attitude problem. It's a bit of a stupid story anyway, he got one cap in a friendly about 3 years ago, because 13 players had withdrawn from the squad. So it's not as if he was at any stage an established International.

marketsfield
12/05/2005, 6:19 PM
Wont it b great to c rovers out of football and get that grabber collins away
from irish football

Éanna
12/05/2005, 6:20 PM
Wont it b great to c rovers out of football
no. why?

marketsfield
13/05/2005, 9:02 AM
Eanna i will answer u why when he went too dublin city
he tried too buy players not with his own money,he had no intentions of trying to develop youth football at the club,the same is happen s/rovers. i played against rovers in the eighties had great memories and a great club.

Buller
13/05/2005, 3:38 PM
so let me get this straight, you want rovers out of existence because of your dislike towards our present manager?! :confused: Go and see somebody!!!

Stevo Da Gull
14/05/2005, 9:55 PM
Back to McCourt, I suspect that If he were playing with an EL club in Europe and showed that he was capable of performing against international players then he would get the call up.

I'm hopin he stays in the league, but does'nt play agianst us ;)