PDA

View Full Version : Are Portadown still in training

Ceirtlis
11/05/2005, 12:21 AM
Does anyone know if Portadown are still in training in the run up to their setanta cup match with Cork City? I was looking at the odds for cork city to win the thing and they were 9/2 which i think is a pretty good price if they are to play a shadow side at home in the last game. Their odds will probably be about 4/6 to win the game meaning their odds for a -1 victory around 6/4. Putting a bet at the outright price means you will be able to make it a safe bet should they get through because they will be favourites to beat either linfield or glentoran.

thecorner
11/05/2005, 6:55 AM
I was looking at the odds for cork city to win the thing and they were 9/2 .

i have 100 yoyos on it :eek:

fosterdollar
11/05/2005, 7:47 AM
i have 100 yoyos on it :eek:
€50 at 6/1 i think. I lost €50 at 10/1 on our boys last night (to win the comp). 2-0, 3-1, 4-2, whatever, just do the business next week lads!!

-lamb-
11/05/2005, 8:54 AM
don't know about training but gary hamilton has just been transfer listed.

tiktok
11/05/2005, 9:14 AM

he's not been getting first team football recently, I doubt he'll feature aginst us now though, but I don't think he would have anyway

BohDiddley
11/05/2005, 10:03 AM
Does anyone know if Portadown are still in training in the run up to their setanta cup match with Cork City? I was looking at the odds for cork city to win the thing and they were 9/2 which i think is a pretty good price if they are to play a shadow side at home in the last game. Their odds will probably be about 4/6 to win the game meaning their odds for a -1 victory around 6/4. Putting a bet at the outright price means you will be able to make it a safe bet should they get through because they will be favourites to beat either linfield or glentoran.
Ceirtlis, I know as much about betting as I do about astrophysics, but that bit about a safe bet kinda caught my eye.
Could you please explain again -- as if to a seven-year-old -- how that works again?

paudie
11/05/2005, 10:21 AM
Does anyone know if Portadown are still in training in the run up to their setanta cup match with Cork City?

Yes they are. I believe Pat Fenlon will be in charge of the training sessions all this week :D

Roo69
11/05/2005, 1:17 PM

I remember seeing Hamilton playing a good few times when he was with Blackburn Rovers the same time as Robbie Doyle, he was absolutey class ! had everything but he was to fond of the drink and enjoyed a smoke as well. Still a useful player, wonder will an eL clubs try bring him in on loan when the window opens up?

on that point, a lot of northern teams take players up on loan during our off season, any chance we might start to do the same ?

A face
11/05/2005, 1:26 PM
on that point, a lot of northern teams take players up on loan during our off season, any chance we might start to do the same ?

Doesn't that lead to problems with players not getting enough time to fully rest. Well i suppose if the player in question is out on the p!ss all the time it shouldn't really matter !! :eek: