PDA

View Full Version : Avondale Park

A face
10/05/2005, 11:03 PM
I dont have alot of details about it, but i do know that Avondale park is just five minutes up the road from Fernhill golf club (http://www.fernhillcountryclub.com/) and there is a good map on the about us page (http://www.fernhillcountryclub.com/about.htm)

Hope that helps !!

KR's Post
11/05/2005, 10:11 AM
Thanks for that A FACE... I hope the bus driver knows where to go.

Grasshopper 99
11/05/2005, 11:52 AM
Will the match be played there or will they move it, somewhere where there are better facilities. Or can there ground cope with it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

A face
11/05/2005, 11:58 AM
No ... i think they are keeping it where it is AFAIK.

footballplease
11/05/2005, 12:06 PM
Any idea what day that would be played A Face?

KR's Post
11/05/2005, 12:18 PM
Any idea what day that would be played A Face?
Looks like Sunday....

dcnags
11/05/2005, 9:32 PM
That "about us" page does not work for me so..........

If the match is on in Avondale Park:

Go from Bray to Cork. This is where its confusing.If you're coming through the tunnel (i'm not sure if you will be or not) keep going along the road, you'll pass under a bridge for cars, then a pedestrians bridge. Along that road, there'll be a turn off for Carrigaline and also Rochestown. Take this left. Get in lane to Carrigaline and keep going straight on. The road is all the one for a few kilometres. Eventually ye'll pass a garage on the left. Keep going straight on. Ye'll reach a roundabout, Carrigaline will be to the right but ye'll go to the left which i think is signposted for Ringaskiddy. About 100 metres down the road there'll be a smallish looking road on the right and fernhill golf club will be up there. You won't see much of it but keep going and there'll be a 'electrical station thing' on the left. Keep going past it, over a dodgy twisty road and eventually you'll see the cars and the pitch is in on the right. Its a small road with very few houses on it but you'll know when you're there alright.

If ye're not coming through the tunnel, i can try and give other directions. Also, theres the possibility of it being moved. There is no stand In Avondale park and its really more of a field with a fence around it. Decent surface, good dressing rooms, toilets, tea room and referee's room.

BTW............THE 'DALE ARE GOING TO GET YOU

dcnags
12/05/2005, 9:44 PM
Looks like its going to be played in avondale park, are there any bray fans coming down?

Roo69
12/05/2005, 11:34 PM
Looks like its going to be played in avondale park, are there any bray fans coming down?

Yeah im sure there will be a few of us heading down alright

Copa Mundial
19/05/2005, 1:06 PM
Game is not going to be played at Avondale Park.FAI had a delegation there over the past few days to check on its suitability, and have decided that the game will not go ahead there.Looks like Turners Cross now.Directions to Turners Cross are not required i Presume??Enjoy the game

KR's Post
19/05/2005, 4:53 PM
Brilliant, but no overnight now i presume. Im delighted it's on in Turners Cross.....

Éanna
19/05/2005, 5:04 PM
**** it anyway. another game on a pitch that badly needs a break :mad:

dcnags
22/05/2005, 9:48 PM
I think Avondale wanted to keep it in carrigaline but regulations and all that, ment it had to be moved. Looking forward to it!!