PDA

View Full Version : New signin

bobby
10/05/2005, 7:59 PM
I heard that chris cottrill was sent to rovers today? anyone know anything about it?

The Stars
10/05/2005, 8:35 PM
I saw the boss man in town today looking rather sharp.this was at about 1.30 but there wasn't anyone hanging around him so not too sure.

bobby
10/05/2005, 10:06 PM
Are you sure it was him only i know someone who's mates with someone in the blues and they said he wasnt going over until the evenin sometime?

ant_bcfc
12/05/2005, 6:54 AM
Look after him - he will do you a good job

garykelly
12/05/2005, 11:25 AM
Look after him - he will do you a good job

anybody know if the new lad cotterill is featuring this weekend ?

ant_bcfc
12/05/2005, 12:19 PM
i doubt it, i dont think he was registered in time.....think he is playing the reserves on Sunday.
with anyluck he should help you lot get promoted this year

Ash
12/05/2005, 12:30 PM
i doubt it, i dont think he was registered in time.....

Registration issues never stopped Rovers players before :p

Only Joking b4 anyone jumps down my throat :D

Petmuller
12/05/2005, 4:04 PM
I don't think he can be signed until the transfer window reopens on the first of July.

Da Real Rover
12/05/2005, 4:14 PM
It said in the Champion that Sean was looking for 2 other players and he said that one of them would require a transfer fee, could this be Ciaran Quinn or Carey. Pray to god it is a forward.

1 9 2 8
12/05/2005, 6:14 PM
It said in the Champion that Sean was looking for 2 other players and he said that one of them would require a transfer fee, could this be Ciaran Quinn or Carey. Pray to god it is a forward.
We'll have to have a few more race nights so

sligoman
12/05/2005, 9:12 PM
I heard that chris cottrill was sent to rovers today? anyone know anything about it?

For a picture of him look here:

http://www.thebitored.org/fanscorner/the%20match/Previews/14_04_05_el_kildarec.htm

And his profile and pic is on here:

http://www.blues.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ProfilesDetail/0,,10412~30546,00.html

Da Real Rover
13/05/2005, 3:53 PM
why would we wanna sign ciaran quinn? alan carey can hit a great free kick i'm sure sean is aiming higher than that
Thats just the rumours that were curculating a couple of weeks ago.

sligoman
13/05/2005, 4:58 PM
SLIGO Rovers have completed the loan signing of nineteen-years-old Chris Cotterill from Birmingham City.

Cotterill, who can play at right back or the right side of midfield, arrived at the Showgrounds yesterday, Tuesday, to join Sean Connor’s squad.

“This is the first development in the link between Birmingham City and our club,” explained the Rovers manager.

“I am delighted to have Chris. He is a third year professional and though he missed three to four months with an ankle injury he has returned to training and has already played with the Birmingham under-19’s and Reserves.

“He comes highly regarded by Steve Bruce and the coaching staff at St. Andrew’s. It was felt rather than having Chris sit out the summer in England, he would come to Sligo Rovers and become part of the set-up here,” Connor said.

Meanwhile, Connor has also confirmed that he is hoping to make at least another two signings between now and the re-opening of the transfer window in July.

“Whether these deals are permanent or loans, depends on the finances available to me,” he added.

And, the Rovers boss has made a special appeal to the ‘Bit O’Red’ Supporters Trust to continue their fundraising efforts to strengthen the panel.

“They held a race night last week and that was appreciated. I hope they can help with funds as I do have a player in mind, but he will come with a transfer fee. It would be great if we could work together to get him,” he maintained.

Rovers will have midfielder, Conor O’Grady available for Saturday night’s trip to Newbridge to play Kildare County following his suspension after he was sent off against Athlone.

Michael McNamara should feature, the club captain taken off at half-time in the one-nil win over Kilkenny City as a precaution with a groin problem.

“Michael has been getting through games but has had a tight groin afterwards. We have a policy whereby if any player feels a twinge they are substituted, rather than have a situation aggravated. That is what happened on Saturday night,” Connor revealed.

The Rovers boss described the victory as “an ugly win.”

“We stayed patient and disciplined and kept our shape better than we had done against Monaghan. I was always confident the goal would come, but obviously the longer it goes without scoring the more tension is felt in the crowd.

“We had some nice passages of football, but in the end we ground out the result without playing particularly well,” the manager said.

“We needed to win given the other results over the weekend and I was happy to take all three points. That match is history now and we are facing a very difficult away game in Kildare this weekend.

“However, we have played every team in this league and there are none to be frightened of as far as I am concerned. I want to preserve our unbeaten record away from home and we go there with every confidence of doing that,” he maintained.

ALSO

• Defender, Liam Burns, has been selected as the City Alarms Sligo Rovers ‘Player of the Month’ for March/ April.

sligoman
15/05/2005, 1:41 PM
eircom League First Division club Sligo Rovers have completed the loan signing of Birmingham City youngster Chris Cottrill as the formal link-up between the clubs shows signs of benefiting Rovers on the field – although the Showgrounds’ newest arrival will not be available for selection until July.

Birmingham local boy Cottrill signed a 12-month professional deal at St Andrews a year ago, and joins Rovers to earn valuable experience in a competitive environment.

He was in the attendance at Station Road in Newbridge on Saturday night when Sean Connor’s side played out a 2-2 First Division draw with Kildare County.

And Connor is looking forward to a big impact from his latest acquisition later in the summer.

He told the club’s official website: “I’m delighted that we’ve got Chris on loan from Birmingham so early. Although Chris will only be available from July when the transfer window opens, it’ll give him a good chance to settle in and get used to our style of play.

“Chris has been training with us this week. He’s a very competitive right-sided player with good pace. He’s got good stamina, comfortable on the ball and I know he can do a job for me.”

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=17321

madjack
15/05/2005, 1:52 PM
anybody know when he'll play? AFAIK Didnt play against kildare.. Might just give us the edge on the other frontrunners.
Nice to see McTernan netting again.
2006 Premier Div here we come (with Harps and Shams going down.. tee hee!)

:D

DonalE
21/05/2005, 11:06 AM
Just saw Cotterill on Soccer AM...doing the cross bar challenge and missed by a long way! Least we know he trains with their first team anyways.

Redzer
27/05/2005, 9:53 AM
From the Birmingham City official site;
Young defender Chris Cottril has been offered a further 12 months deal, after completing his first year on professional terms. The 20 year old local Birmingham defender has suffered ill luck with injuries this season, but has another year to impress.

TopOfTheLeague
23/07/2005, 11:19 PM
was told he was a quality player....... havent heard anything else since

garykelly
24/07/2005, 10:32 AM
he's staying with birmingham