PDA

View Full Version : Players

Captain
02/03/2002, 7:59 PM
As Galway and Longford both look to be in danger of dropping to the first division the city board should get the cheque book out of the time capsule (can anyone remember what it looks like as it hasn't been used much recently) and maybe strengthen the squad Galway and Longford have a few decent players who may not be too thrilled by the prospect of 1st division football. great to see Mooney back in action with a clean sheet may this time he may get the run he deserves for sticking it out on the bench as Devine cost us points with his howelers.

yan
03/03/2002, 1:45 AM
wat about the ones when devine saved us

and got man of the match,

devine = super keeper
mooney also = super keeper

prefer devine though

Neil
03/03/2002, 11:21 AM
I think Devine is only behind O'Grady and Horgan as City's best players this season.

Colm
03/03/2002, 4:27 PM
I think we are blessed to have two of the best keepers in the league. Ive heard a rumour that city are planning to sell a keeper in the close season, no doubt it will be for a "nominal fee"!

yan
04/03/2002, 12:00 PM
nominal fee= fcu k all

fonzi
04/03/2002, 12:40 PM
we should be looking at Kirby and levine from Longford they might easily go down .

Éanna
04/03/2002, 3:17 PM
I don't think there's anything to choose between the two keepers. Mooney's strengths are devine's weaknesses and vice-versa. Personally I didn't see the need to sign devine as we had an excellent no. 1 in Mooney and alan o'shea was a more than capable sub.

patsh
04/03/2002, 3:39 PM
Does anyone know if anything ever came of the supposed move for George O'Callaghan from Port Vale?

Éanna
04/03/2002, 4:10 PM
the move for o'callaghan fell through. can't remember why.....

Xlex
05/03/2002, 8:57 AM
Originally posted by fonzi
we should be looking at Kirby and levine from Longford they might easily go down .

You can have kirby any day of the week........ or season...

Neil
05/03/2002, 10:20 AM
----- ------ Devine ----- -----
Carey Coughlan Napier Hoggy
Kirby Reynolds O'Grady Woods
----- Mulligan -- O'Flynn -----

Kirby & Reynolds in from Longford (They both always wanted to come here apparently, except the Board were too stingy to put up the money)

Woods in on a free from Rovers. He lives in Midleton anyway.

GIVE O'FLYNN A CHANCE.

AND Play some football for the sake of Mulligan and the paying cusomters.

Cheers Liam.

A face
05/03/2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Neil
----- ------ Devine ----- -----
Carey Coughlan Napier Hoggy
Kirby Reynolds O'Grady Woods
----- Mulligan -- O'Flynn -----

That does look nice alright, Greg and Colin T are there as well, It would be ideal to get another striker aswell.

Xlex
05/03/2002, 10:36 AM
Ah why not rape us of Lavine also

Neil
05/03/2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Xlex
Ah why not rape us of Lavine also
We'd have no interest of that "superstar" in his souped up 91 Civic with tinted windows! What a ****!

pete
05/03/2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Woods in on a free from Rovers. He lives in Midleton anyway.

Sorry Neil but Billy Woods signed a new contract with rovers last summer. I think we can be fairly sure it wasn't a one year contract...?

I do however belive Billy Woods will sometime in the future play for city again.

niamh
05/03/2002, 12:54 PM
With Monaghan and Galway down and maybe Longford as well and Dublin City or Droghs coming up...City be spending a lot of time near the capital in the coming months...

Éanna
06/03/2002, 5:30 PM
Originally posted by niamh
City be spending a lot of time near the capital in the coming months...
What are ya talkin about girl?! We're from the Capital! The REAL Capital!