PDA

View Full Version : Kildare V Hibs

Eire06
10/05/2005, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't write Hibs off to quickly on this one..
Kildare weren't great when we played them and Hibs are on flying form these days!!
What do ya think?

Patrick Dunne
10/05/2005, 10:11 AM
Hibs have had a great run in the FAI Junior Cup, but there is a huge gap between junior and EL level. Hibs season is also coimg to a close and they are victims of their own success. Fixture congestion means that they have to play three games this week.

On the plus side, they have an excellent defensive record. If they can hold out for a 0-0, it would be a great result. I would imagine that if Kildare score the first goal, they will win the tie.

Eire06
10/05/2005, 10:22 AM
Oh I know there is a big difference between junior and EL level.

Just have a feeling that it won't be as easy a match as Kildare expect it will.. As you said hibs have a very good defensive record and Mark McPhilbin has done a great job for them in Goals (Mark Cobey has done well too when he was called upon)...

GalwayFrancis
10/05/2005, 11:16 AM
anywhere on the net to get some info on Hibs?

Terry
10/05/2005, 11:23 AM
you can just get results and stuff from www.galwayfa.net Hibs haven't a notion of getting past Kildare. The lads are completely drained from what has been a very long season for them and it has shown in there last 2 games losing to athenry and salthill devon. Plus if you add on the fact that kildare have a bar in there grounds that should kill the lads off altogether !!! :eek: :D

Terry
13/05/2005, 7:52 AM
half of the hibs players are refusing to train with the club because of Reidy's persistance in playing a player he brought with him from Salthill Devon! Anybody know who he is?

gufct
13/05/2005, 8:37 AM
Kevin Monaghan noticed him in a picture lately he was with us at under agwe level a very nice lad.

Patrick Dunne
14/05/2005, 2:47 PM
Knowing some of the former United lads there, this would not be a new departure for some players. Only for Reido, they would be a mess, fighting with each other and attacking refs, etc.