PDA

View Full Version : Deja vu: We're to play Dublin City in the FAI Cup...

Poor Student
09/05/2005, 7:22 PM
For a club we have never faced in competitive history it's an odd coincidence but we've drawn them again. This time it's already drawn for Belfield. Not sure how to feel about this one. They're flying high but they are Division 1. I suppose from a revenue point of view it won't be a crowd puller but at least we won't have the place turned into an away atmosphere.

Colie
09/05/2005, 7:27 PM
At least we won't have the place turned into an away atmosphere.

Good point, but will the usual couple of hundred come to watch?

Poor Student
09/05/2005, 7:31 PM
Good point, but will the usual couple of hundred come to watch?

Well when we played bottom placed Limerick in the cold ****ing rain last season 150 still turned up. I for one reckon this could be a good game with both teams playing decent enough stuff and in good confidence. I doubt I will be though there as I will be going abroad.

pineapple stu
09/05/2005, 11:28 PM
I doubt I will be though there as I will be going abroad.
Myself, Schumi and Bald Student are in the Faroes... :(

Good enough draw though. Dublin City aren't a great First Division side, and I think if we keep improving at the rate we have been over the last few games, we should win through... Remember, even last year, they lost to Monaghan at this stage.

Sheridan
09/05/2005, 11:43 PM
Worst possible draw for us. We'll get knocked out and make sod all from the gate. :mad:

Mind you, I was talking to Ronan Seery about this very issue the other week, and he revealed that, over the ten years of his involvement with League of Ireland clubs, only once has one of his teams beaten league opposition in the cup. But, on that solitary occasion, the team involved was UCD.

Schumi
10/05/2005, 11:30 AM
Myself, Schumi and Bald Student are in the Faroes... :(
At least we're not missing a big game :D

Crowd'll be about 400-odd I suppose. 300 turned up for matches against nobodys like Monaghan, Kilkenny, etc. last year so there should be at least that many plus a few away fans.