PDA

View Full Version : FAI Cup Draw

JC_GUFC
09/05/2005, 5:56 PM
United have sadly gone out of the FAI Cup after having been drawn at home against Cork City. :(

The positive's from this draw are

A) It may attract a decent enough crowd

and

B) We avoid the embarassment of losing to a non-league club.

Galway Hibs have an away trip to Kildare.

Not sure when the matches are due to be played.

Patrick Dunne
09/05/2005, 6:23 PM
as the games are scheduled for w/e 12th June. No question, it is a difficult tie. At least we are at home and as JC pointed out, we should get a decent crowd. Cork City would be expected to bring 100 - 200 to the game.

A draw is a pointless result, going to Turners Cross to get hammered would be futile. Lets roll !

Conor H
09/05/2005, 6:57 PM
..I can't wait for it it's brillaint that we got a big team and not a first division side that we have to play 4 times anyway this season.Hopefully the people of galway will appreciate what a big side cork are and how big the game really is.Eveyone wiil expect them to win but terryland is a tough place to win in general(lost to cobh) and 2 years ago derry came as holders and we sent them packing so bring it on.

COME ON UTD!!

The Stars
09/05/2005, 7:04 PM
sorry to be interupting your forum but could anyone tell me what is the current galway 16 man matchday squad.
cheers.

private message if possible :confused:

Conor H
09/05/2005, 7:15 PM
sorry to be interupting your forum but could anyone tell me what is the current galway 16 man matchday squad.
cheers.

private message if possible :confused:

Done. ;)

pete
09/05/2005, 9:45 PM
I'd say will be big City travelling support at this one. Playing on a saturday could doubled the numbers from 150 to 300.

Any idea whether will be a friday or saturday?

DonO'Bate
09/05/2005, 10:25 PM
We will beat Cork City despite our poor league form, as we have done well in the Cup in recent years. Cork City will be more interested in concentrating on the league title. If we can we knock out Derry City than we can beat Cork. We are due a good result against them.

Patrick Dunne
09/05/2005, 11:55 PM
is the most likely KO Pete. I appreciate that Cork would bring a much larger support on Saturday. However, I consider it good practice that every club side nominate a certain night and location for all home games, regardless of the opposition. GUFC normally adhere to this.

Hope to see you in Galway, Cork City are amongst the best supporters in the EL.

thecorner
10/05/2005, 3:22 AM
should be a great crowd up for this one regardless of friday or saturday

looking forward to it already

be in touch lads

tiktok
10/05/2005, 9:36 AM
Galways a shorter trip than Dublin for the Friday though.
I reckon we could have close to 300 up for the match, lure of the cup and all that

Eire06
10/05/2005, 9:47 AM
United have sadly gone out of the FAI Cup after having been drawn at home against Cork City. :(

Great attitude you have there!!!! :rolleyes:
Glass always half empty is it?
There could be a chance we pull off a shock defeat you know... I know its very unlikely, but try to stay a bit positive the nail isn't in the coffin yet!! :o

EDIT: Have come to my senses we are going to die :mad:

Eire06
30/05/2005, 1:36 PM
Ok Seriously worried about this match now!!
After that pathetic excuse for a team that turned up on Friday..
We are going to be slaughtered!! hopefully its not too embarrassing :mad:

gufct
30/05/2005, 2:28 PM
it was the worst display i have ever seen in 28 years of el football in Terryland.Is it me or does everyone feel that this club is being rundown so it can be completely wiped out by our so called Partners. If this is the case the hard work of people like Micky Walsh,Joe Hanley and Gerry Gray will be totally wiped out and what was once a proud and vibrant club will die. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Terry
30/05/2005, 2:32 PM
it was the worst display i have ever seen in 28 years of el football in Terryland.Is it me or does everyone feel that this club is being rundown so it can be completely wiped out by our so called Partners. If this is the case the hard work of people like Micky Walsh,Joe Hanley and Gerry Gray will be totally wiped out and what was once a proud and vibrant club will die. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Agree 100% with you there GUFCT. I think its about time there was a statement from the club about what they have in mind to change the clubs fortunes around for the rest of the season. :mad:

Rory H
01/06/2005, 3:26 PM
lads....rovers were like ye 2 years ago

going nowhere

drew shels at home drew 0-0 and went there and won 3-2

have a bit of hope....not for friday though

Terry
02/06/2005, 7:13 AM
I remember it well, Ollies goal was something else :)

Rory H
02/06/2005, 10:12 AM
watch it again....go into our forum and go back a page or 2 and theres a link from the shels site....

Terry
02/06/2005, 10:35 AM
I have it on my PC

galwaygirl
02/06/2005, 1:19 PM
I have it on my PC
so have I, at home & at work :D