View Full Version : Troy Parrott F Excelsior Rotterdam (loan from Spurs) b.2002

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

DeLorean
24/09/2019, 5:45 PM
Starts at Colchester in the EFL Cup.

Olé Olé
24/09/2019, 7:35 PM
https://twitter.com/McDonnellDan/status/1176580348307759111?s=19

Dreadful bit of sarcasm aimed at Parrott hype-merchants like myself. But he does highlight vaguely how Troy is faring.

Olé Olé
24/09/2019, 7:39 PM
This appears to be the consensus. Colchester defending in numbers and Parrott needing support. Hopefully a half time tweak helps: https://twitter.com/irishfantv/status/1176581320723615747?s=19

Olé Olé
24/09/2019, 8:08 PM
Substituted on 67 for Eriksen.

Razors left peg
24/09/2019, 8:23 PM
Didnt do a huge amount tonight. It was difficult against a defense that was sitting very deep. Would have liked to see him on at same time with Erikson to see if there was a bit more creativity around him.

DeLorean
24/09/2019, 8:46 PM
And Spurs losing on penalties won't do his game time prospects much good.

DeLorean
22/10/2019, 4:05 PM
Just the four for Parrott today in the UEFA Youth League, a 9-2 win over Red Star.

Razors left peg
22/10/2019, 4:54 PM
Just the four for Parrott today in the UEFA Youth League, a 9-2 win over Red Star.

Needs a good loan move in January. It seems that he has advanced past that level now and needs first team football

tommy_c12000
22/10/2019, 6:19 PM
Goals here https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshJames97/status/1186686679714816003 the reply has video accesible worldwide, the original post is just UK I assume

Razors left peg
23/10/2019, 10:39 PM
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/juventus-eyeing-up-tottenham-four-goal-teenage-sensation

Being linked with Juve now

seanfhear
24/10/2019, 7:41 AM
Mick could , Troy Parrott and Connolly as a combo against New Zealand . The only thing is it if was a success...well ya know .

tetsujin1979
29/10/2019, 9:46 AM
David Ornstein claimed in the athletic yesterday that Pochettino will use youth players, including Parrott, instead of buying in the transfer window in January: https://theathletic.co.uk/1325951/2019/10/28/ornstein-on-monday/

tetsujin1979
03/11/2019, 11:39 AM
Kane omitted from Spurs' squad today due to illness, Parrott has travelled with the team

tommy_c12000
03/11/2019, 2:32 PM
On the bench! Exciting

tommy_c12000
03/11/2019, 5:16 PM
Son with straight red - good news for the Eire; Lucas been terrible. Might see Parrott for an extended period of injury time as spurs protect 1-0 lead. If not, at least will likely have a few more bench spots with son suspended.

samhaydenjr
03/11/2019, 10:15 PM
Great news - now we know just how close he is to breaking through. Hopefully holds his place on the bench over the next few weeks and gets some late minutes in a blowout win/loss for Spurs, as Connolly did against Man City a few weeks ago.

tetsujin1979
03/11/2019, 11:34 PM
Spurs are away to Crvena Zvezda on Wednesday night, he scored four goals against their youth team two weeks ago, so you'd hope that's enough to earn him a shot at their first team!

liamoo11
04/11/2019, 7:12 PM
https://www.the42.ie/troy-parrott-to-be-included-in-ireland-squad-for-vital-denmark-clash-4878886-Nov2019/ mick say he be in squad for Denmark match. Hogan got injured in warm up for stoke tonight so he may be a doubt

Eirambler
05/11/2019, 9:03 PM
Son's red card has been rescinded. Probably reduces Parrott's chances of getting a first team run.

tommy_c12000
06/11/2019, 6:04 PM
Not on bench tonight in Belgrade despite making traveling squad. Disappointing

Razors left peg
06/11/2019, 6:31 PM
Not on bench tonight in Belgrade despite making traveling squad. Disappointing

Not playing in the Youth game either. A loan move in January would be needed so he doesnt stagnate between being too good for youth football and not ready for Spurs first team

tommy_c12000
07/11/2019, 2:28 AM
Not playing in the Youth game either. A loan move in January would be needed so he doesnt stagnate between being too good for youth football and not ready for Spurs first team

I still think he will be playing "regularly enough" with Spurs by the season's end. No need for loan just now. Worth bearing in mind, he has barely played adult football, only started 7 PL2 games last year, and only 1 this year, in addition to his senior league cup appearance and pre-season games. So training with first team for past few months, and introducing him slowly is the right formula. Even a few more PL2 games will do him no harm, don't think it's stagnation as he's played so few games at that level.

He is 18 on Feb 4, Pocc certainly won't be able to ignore him then. That aside, I am confident he will get a few appearances off the bench this side of the new year, and then things will move quickly, similarly to Connolly. His international exposure will certainly do him no harm. Brighton have changed their system to 2 up front since Connolly emerged. I am sure Pocc may be open to experimenting with 2 up front should the right combination come along, i.e. Kane and Parrott is worth looking at. Lucas has been terrible, Eriksen has played like a man already living in Spain, Ali has been a shadow of his former self, so it's not as if there's not a need for injection of some young blood and experimentation.

irishfan86
19/11/2019, 7:22 PM
Poch gets the sack at Spurs. Do we think this is good or bad for our man in London?

tommy_c12000
19/11/2019, 7:37 PM
Bad news. Can’t see a new manager giving a 17 year many chances in the initial stages. Now I would finally support a loan move in January to Championship club

Diggs246
19/11/2019, 7:53 PM
Poch gets the sack at Spurs. Do we think this is good or bad for our man in London?
It depends on who the manager is. Jose Mourinho would be bad news. Eddie Howe great news

Olé Olé
19/11/2019, 8:41 PM
He looks so good tonight for the 21s. He's not playing as a 9 but every time he comes deep he is so comfortable and passes so beautifully. I do wonder about his place though.

tommy_c12000
19/11/2019, 10:20 PM
Looking like Mourinho now. Currently, Parrott is negotiating a new contract. This managerial change has put a monkey in the wrench, as the stories of German interest continue to circulate https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7703739/amp/Bayern-Munich-prepare-shock-Tottenham-striker-Troy-Parrott-eye-Dean-Henderson-swoop.html Parrott should be in a strong position to dictate some first team exposure you would think

Eirambler
19/11/2019, 10:42 PM
If it's Mourinho he should just go to Germany, would have a great chance of first team football and has the ability to go on a goalscoring run like Haaland has done there in the last year.

brine3
19/11/2019, 10:43 PM
Premier league is where young players go to get run into the ground. Bayern would be a great move for him. Get him to a league that will develop him as a player. Look at how Bayern looked after Franck Ribery.

Hopefully the scouts are watching and more of our U21s will get moves to the continent.

backstothewall
19/11/2019, 11:11 PM
If Germany is an option he should jump at it.

Olé Olé
20/11/2019, 6:11 AM
If I were his agent I would be a busy boy this morning. Mourinho has been announced as Spurs' new manager...

pineapple stu
20/11/2019, 6:49 AM
If it's Mourinho he should just go to Germany, would have a great chance of first team football and has the ability to go on a goalscoring run like Haaland has done there in the last year.
Haaland's in Austria, not Germany, btw

Eirambler
20/11/2019, 7:40 AM
Haaland's in Austria, not Germany, btw

You're right of course, got my Red Bulls mixed up, thought he was at Leipzig.

On the off chance that the Bayern rumours are true he should jump at the chance in January. Bayern have a caretaker manager also, I wouldn't be surprised if Poch ends up there as well.

Eminence Grise
20/11/2019, 12:17 PM
If it turns bad for him, he'll still be a teenager when Mourinho gets the sack. A chequebook manager at a club that doesn't spend big? That's going to be fun/a car crash...

seanfhear
20/11/2019, 12:20 PM
If it turns bad for him, he'll still be a teenager when Mourinho gets the sack. A chequebook manager at a club that doesn't spend big? That's going to be fun/a car crash...Has Levy brought in Mourinho to clear out the dead wood at Spurs ? Big clear out , then clear out Mourinho and start again with a Positive Manager .

Olé Olé
20/11/2019, 12:21 PM
Divide first. Then conquer.

seanfhear
20/11/2019, 12:22 PM
Divide first. Then conquer.And everyone left standing is Exhaulted when Mourinho is Slain ( sacked )

Eminence Grise
20/11/2019, 12:35 PM
Has Levy brought in Mourinho to clear out the dead wood at Spurs ? Big clear out , then clear out Mourinho and start again with a Positive Manager .

Interesting. But would Levy see a c.£20m payoff to Mourinho as an acceptable price for that? Especially if Mourinho replaces those players with a squad of 30-something brick you-know-what-houses and implodes with only a league cup to show for it?

NeverFeltBetter
20/11/2019, 1:27 PM
They've brought in Mourinho because they want to win things, which is what Mourinho does, in every job bar his very earliest ones. Even at Man Utd, which so many consider a disaster, he won a League Cup and the Europa League. He'll play terrible football, fall out with everyone and generally leave things a little worse than when he found them (if you're lucky), but give him three years or so and he'll give Spurs a cup at least. For a team that generally has been considered to be in the top tier of Europe for a good while now, but hasn't won anything to back-up that status (last was a League Cup over ten years ago), Mourinho is a good appointment.

Whether he will be any good for youth players is another thing. Parrott might want to at least consider his options if things don't line up for him in Spurs over the next few weeks/months.

tommy_c12000
20/11/2019, 2:15 PM
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-new-tottenham-boss-won-over-by-potential-in-club-academy-and-firstteam-squad-a4291451.html%3famp (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jose-mourinho-new-tottenham-boss-won-over-by-potential-in-club-academy-and-firstteam-squad-a4291451.html%3famp)

Mourinho excited by the potential in spurs academy. One of the main attractions for him. Anyone believe him?

wexfordned
20/11/2019, 3:25 PM
The amount of pressure being put on Parrot at 17 years of age by the fans/media when he isn't even established in the spurs team is way over the top. Shouldn't even be considered yet for the Irish senior squad. Let the lad get some first team experience and regular games at club level befoer selecting him at international level

Razors left peg
20/11/2019, 4:53 PM
Dont know what Parrotts contract situation is but I hope he has a good agent. He will stagnate massively under Mourinho. I understand he is only 17 but he has already grown past youth football and needs games to develop. It can go wrong very quickly in the next couple of years if he doesnt make right decisions regarding his football. Look at Byrne, looked amazing in Holland, made a disaster move to Blackburn where they just hoofed it over his head all day, farts around with a couple of other crap clubs who dont play football and ends up at Rovers rebuilding his career.

Im a United fan and Mourinho said similar things joining the club about how he was excited about the youth team etc.... then spent the entire time complaining that he had to work with kids. My heart genuinely sank when I heard that he was taking the Spurs job and I can only hope that Parrott gets out of there ASAP.

samhaydenjr
21/11/2019, 1:22 AM
Interesting. But would Levy see a c.£20m payoff to Mourinho as an acceptable price for that? Especially if Mourinho replaces those players with a squad of 30-something brick you-know-what-houses and implodes with only a league cup to show for it?

A League Cup?! He'll get the freedom of Tottenham for that!

samhaydenjr
21/11/2019, 1:46 AM
The amount of pressure being put on Parrot at 17 years of age by the fans/media when he isn't even established in the spurs team is way over the top. Shouldn't even be considered yet for the Irish senior squad. Let the lad get some first team experience and regular games at club level befoer selecting him at international level

I agree - if we were in the position we were in at the start of last year, with Murphy and Doyle retired and Walters close to the same, then there would be a strong case to blood him in early. But since then, Robinson joined and moved up to the Premier League, McGoldrick moved up a level in his career, and Connolly and Obafemi broke through. So right now, when not hampered by injuries, we have five Premier League strikers to choose from, along with three in The Championship, so there's no mad rush needed for Parrott.

That said, there's four months before the play-offs, so it's entirely possible he may get some game time between now and then, whether it's in the FA Cup, or on a loan, or possibly even in the Premier League - and if he does, then yes, he does merit consideration for the play-offs, especially as Mick has already given him a debut.
Also, given his performances for the U21s and Norwich's troubles, it surely wouldn't be a surprise if we saw Adam Idah's name on a first-team sheet before long.

So by the end of the season, it's entirely possible that we will have seven strikers playing in the Premier League (maybe even eight if Scully's scoring spree continues), along with the three in The Championship and up to three in the SPL. So... better times ahead, hopefully.

DeLorean
21/11/2019, 9:37 AM
Im a United fan and Mourinho said similar things joining the club about how he was excited about the youth team etc.... then spent the entire time complaining that he had to work with kids. My heart genuinely sank when I heard that he was taking the Spurs job and I can only hope that Parrott gets out of there ASAP.

Realistically, barring a spade of injuries, he wasn't likely to see a whole pile of game time under Pochettino either. The FA Cup was a possibility and that probably is less likely now, Mourinho will rightly see that as his best opportunity for a quick trophy.

Razors left peg
21/11/2019, 4:03 PM
Realistically, barring a spade of injuries, he wasn't likely to see a whole pile of game time under Pochettino either. The FA Cup was a possibility and that probably is less likely now, Mourinho will rightly see that as his best opportunity for a quick trophy.

Maybe not but Pochettino had him involved and has a record of bring through young players. If Mourinho ever plays him you can guarantee he would be in the media complaining that he has to play a 17 or 18 year old because hes not getting enough backing from the chairman.

I look at how Rashford, Martial, Luke Shaw were treated by Mourinho at United. He played them almost looking for excuses to bitch about them, and they are all quite a bit older than Parrott. He is shockingly bad at developing young talent and making it better. Im not saying I expect Parrott to be a regular starter every week, but I do want him working with a manager who will at least try to make him better and not just dismiss him as too young and bring in 2 other strikers ahead of him.

DeLorean
22/11/2019, 10:49 AM
He still played Rashford in practically every game. I'm not sure how Martial was treated exactly but he wasn't the only manager to question Luke Shaw's fitness/attitude. If you're made of the right stuff you'll respond well to some criticism, as Rashford did.

I agree it doesn't look ideal though, but maybe Mourinho's time for reflection will make him do things a bit differently this time. He knows he doesn't have blank cheques to work with. If Parrott ends up going out on loan, so be it.

Fixer82
25/11/2019, 1:09 PM
Bundesliga interest in Parrott hotting up according to reports

Diggs246
25/11/2019, 3:23 PM
Stay grounded , take a loan move to the championship in January, bang them in and get your starting place for Ireland

Don't rush off to Germany

nigel-harps1954
25/11/2019, 6:52 PM
Stay grounded , take a loan move to the championship in January, bang them in and get your starting place for Ireland

Don't rush off to Germany

As opposed to getting a move to Germany and banging them in there?

It'd be a great move for him.