PDA

View Full Version : Rulers of the Planet - Whelan's (Dublin)Sat 14th May

Philo
09/05/2005, 12:04 PM
Right then music fans...

Noisy punk-pop types Rulers of the Planet will be playing Whelan's this Saturday to launch their debut album "In Thirty Minutes We Destroy The Earth".

Here's what Hotpress have to say this week:

"In Thirty Minutes We Destroy The Earth is a pent up ball of energy and frustration that explodes into life within the first few bars of ‘Backbencher’, and never manages to regain its composure nor show any desire to... utterly fantastic" 9/10

If you only go to one gig this weekend make it this one and prepare to be Ruled!

Lionel Ritchie
10/05/2005, 9:17 AM
saw them in cork last friday -great band

Neish
10/05/2005, 11:38 AM
Think I saw them chaps in the New band tent at Oxegen last year, was a bit tipsy to say the least but from what I remember they were fairly decent.

What a name for a band :cool:

James
10/05/2005, 3:37 PM
Think I saw them chaps in the New band tent at Oxegen last year, was a bit tipsy to say the least but from what I remember they were fairly decent.:

hmmm yeah the played a great set in the new bands tent at witnesss last year, thing is though neish they played at midday...they were the 1st band on from memory in that tent..remember meeting a few other cork city fans at that gig up the front and dancing round the place like crazy
hours later of course we heard city had beaten NEC in the intertoto cup, sweet

anyways so a bit tipsy that early eh
lay off the vodka in your cornflakes :)

Neish
10/05/2005, 4:17 PM
h
anyways so a bit tipsy that early eh
lay off the vodka in your cornflakes :)

Think they were on around 2 or 3, so its quite aceptable. :o