PDA

View Full Version : McCourt linked with QPR move

Roo69
09/05/2005, 9:59 AM
The expected summer exodus from Shamrock Rovers appears set to begin with Paddy McCourt set to leave for Queen's Park Rangers. More (http://www.irishfootballonline.com/news_story.php?newsid=2781)

No surprise really. only signed a 1 year deal so Rovers will want to cash in on there most valuable player.

The only thing is that he looks like the only player capable of keeping them clear of a the relagation battle this season.

Buller
09/05/2005, 5:28 PM
awwww, i knew it!!! :( We'll hopefully get some much needed cash for him though.. :rolleyes:

pete
09/05/2005, 9:31 PM
QPR would hardly spend much on any player. Any cash Rovers get would hardly make any dent in debts as not as if going to get 100k or anything.

Stevo Da Gull
09/05/2005, 11:31 PM
QPR aparrently have 1.7mil spending money so they will probably make a bid.

It does'nt sound as if he'll leave so soon after just arriving at Rovers. I believe that in relation to a possible move to England he said something like ``I'm not sure if I'd want to go back there`` but I'm open for correction.

If he can get into the Northern Ireland squad without leaving Ireland then he might stay for a while, it would make sense considering he seems to be fairly happy here.