PDA

View Full Version : Dan You Have to Go

ccfcman
09/05/2005, 9:02 AM
Dan Murray really does have to go.

With the pace of a pregnant turtle and all the skill of a steaming turd......

What a shame as he had offered us something in the past, these days Bennett is carrying him and sometimes Murray drags him down to his level of pityful play.

IMO we may as well play with 10 rather than include Murray. And yes I am aware we have an ok defensive record, but please, he's become a joke.

Derek C, hmmm to obvious, D Coughlan, if you're reading this please please prove your fitness mate, we need you.

**Holds head in hands @ the thought of Murray v Darryl Murphy, oh good jesus no.....**

As an aside, Hoggy for Captain me thinks.

thecorner
09/05/2005, 9:07 AM
**Holds head in hands @ the thought of Murray v Darryl Murphy, oh good jesus no.....**

darryl murphy is gone

ccfcman
09/05/2005, 9:11 AM
WTF :confused: :confused: Have I had my head in the sand?! I seriously missed that whole move!

My bad anyway, Murray has to go to the reserves for a while.

thecorner
09/05/2005, 9:39 AM
WTF :confused: :confused: Have I had my head in the sand?! I seriously missed that whole move!

My bad anyway, Murray has to go to the reserves for a while.

darryl murphy gone to sunderland...home of the irish players that are past it :D

Colm
09/05/2005, 1:11 PM
People are using Dan Murray as an easy scapecoat when he hasn't really done anything wrong all season and actually has played very well in a couple of games.

There are plenty of things to give out about (i.e. Gamble, Fenn, Greg etc on the bench or Behan and Woods starting every game or the unmentionable issue) but Dan Murray isn't one of them. Give the guy a break ffs.

patsh
09/05/2005, 1:17 PM
Do you ACTUALLY WATCH games?
Can you point out all these mistakes Dan has made?
Dan has being getting his confidence back and is playing better and better each week.
Derek Coughlan is a LONG, LONG way off Dan's place if last Saturday was anything to go by.
Dan happened to do VERY well against $hels twice already this season, why do you think some Waterford thug will do any better?
Ridiculous thread......:rolleyes:

tiktok
09/05/2005, 1:27 PM
WTF :confused: :confused: Have I had my head in the sand?! I seriously missed that whole move!.

Yeah! You also missed Dan Murray having a return to form in the last three to four games, he's playing much better again.

But as Colm said, he's a popular scapegoat! :rolleyes:

paudie
09/05/2005, 2:39 PM
Yeah! You also missed Dan Murray having a return to form in the last three to four games, he's playing much better again.

But as Colm said, he's a popular scapegoat! :rolleyes:

Agree with you. Dan's not brilliant but at times Bennett looks completely lost. If Coughlan were to come back Bennett should be the one to go IMO.

patsh
09/05/2005, 3:22 PM
There were others at the game on Saturday, so maybe I can get their opinion, but to me Derek looked shockingly slow, way off the pace and not anywhere near being ready.
The only good thing about his performance was that he is so powerful in the air, and he was the reason for the goal from the corner that Fenn knocked in.

No way is he a better option than Dan or Benno at the moment.

thecorner
09/05/2005, 3:39 PM
Bennett looks completely lost. If Coughlan were to come back Bennett should be the one to go IMO. :eek: :eek: :eek:

A face
09/05/2005, 4:00 PM
Is Dan still in Havanas every night of the week ??

A face
09/05/2005, 4:02 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: X 2

I cant believe i just read that !!

Colm
09/05/2005, 5:22 PM
There were others at the game on Saturday, so maybe I can get their opinion, but to me Derek looked shockingly slow, way off the pace and not anywhere near being ready.

Agreed.
To me, Derek looked a good 2-3 months away from being match fit.

Even when he is fit there's no way he should be able to dislodge Dan or Benno. They've both done well this season imo.

Fair_play_boy
09/05/2005, 6:39 PM
CCFCMAN, I went on a lot about Dan Murray for much of last season, and for some games this year. I missed the Bohs game, but reports of his performance there, plus his standard of play since then, have lifted him well out of contention for the drop, IMO, even though we had nobody to replace him. Have you seen him play at all in April?
As regards Benno, Paudie, I don't know what measure you used when you came to the conclusion that
" . . . at times Bennett looks completely lost. If Coughlan were to come back Bennett should be the one to go IMO."
Even CCFCMAN saw that he carried Cap'n Dan through some of his more dodgy nights. Benno has maturity way beyond his years, IMO, and is no mean marksman on goal either. So far this season, he has had two goals disallowed.
As for Murray, I too agree with Colm, who dislikes seeing a player being scapegoated.

pete
09/05/2005, 9:40 PM
Most idiotic thread of the month award here. :rolleyes:

Replacing Dan with Derek when looking for more pace is a shocking suggestion. Even if Derek was fit he was never know for his pace.

Dan been playing real well in recent weeks & i'm sure Dave Hills defensive input in training is helping.

Bruno
09/05/2005, 9:54 PM
A face Is Dan still in Havanas every night of the week ??

he might as well be what with the standard of the mans performance!!!lets be honest.....hes a pity!being carried in a good side.

cheekyais
09/05/2005, 10:50 PM
The only good thing about his performance was that he is so powerful in the air, and he was the reason for the goal from the corner that Fenn knocked in.

No way is he a better option than Dan or Benno at the moment.

I was at the game on Sat and cant wait for Derek too come back but hes not ready yet. He was good on sat but he didnt have much competition. It was'nt hard for him too play well but in saying that he was a bit slow which aint nothing knew from him. Give him a few more games and then we'll see but things are fine for the moment.

Dodge
10/05/2005, 6:48 AM
Don't know anything about your other options but last Friday we attacked about 6/7 times and got 6/7 shots on goal. Murray looked well, well off the pace. I thought he was carrying an injury but if he was just slow, that's not going to be a good enough for a side challenging the league

paudie
10/05/2005, 9:35 AM
As regards Benno, Paudie, I don't know what measure you used when you came to the conclusion that
" . . . at times Bennett looks completely lost. If Coughlan were to come back Bennett should be the one to go IMO."
Even CCFCMAN saw that he carried Cap'n Dan through some of his more dodgy nights. Benno has maturity way beyond his years, IMO, and is no mean marksman on goal either. So far this season, he has had two goals disallowed.
As for Murray, I too agree with Colm, who dislikes seeing a player being scapegoated.

Let's just say I wasn't impressed with Alan's attempts to rugby tackle Kelly rather than go for the ball when Portadown got their goal.
And there was 5 minutes right in front of where I was sitting at the end of the Bray game when for some reason he just panicked and couldn't do a thing right.

Neither Dan or Alan are world beaters and I personally don't think one is playing an awful lot better than the other at the moment.

ccfcman
10/05/2005, 10:34 AM
I cant comment on Derek's fitness levels, unfortunately I don't have the master skills as Colm does in judging a players fitness levels, however I still stand by what I say, I think Murray is way below par, I don't care if he's "regaining his confidence" :( Poor baby, did he hurt his booboo? pffft regain your confidence in the reserves son and let Greg or Derek in.

I'm sick of this oooh please no scapegoats, ah sheyaaat up will ya and let some one who pays enough to watch to criticise some one. People are quick to blame manangers in times of disaster but oh god no dont blame a player no no no [ I'm calling Dan Murray's inabilities to pass, take a first touch, turn, play football in general a disaster]

He was clearly injured too, why not rest him? Same with Devine methinks, especially as McNulty has to play v Portadown.

Go on flame me...

tiktok
10/05/2005, 12:07 PM
He was clearly injured too, why not rest him?

Because we don't have a better option.

niamh
10/05/2005, 12:20 PM
Derek was never renowned for his pace at the best of times...that's how he did his knee that time...chasing forward after a ball.
As for Murray, I think he has been better in the recent weeks, but he sure as hell won't improve if people keep on his back during games.