PDA

View Full Version : WUFC next Friday......

patsh
08/05/2005, 7:00 PM
Well we broke our home hoodoo last Friday, I think we may lose our 100% away record on Friday.
WU fans seem very down and pessimistic about Friday, a few expect to get hammered. This is the exact time that they will get motivated and pull off a result.
We must be very careful.
I predict a draw.

GavinZac
08/05/2005, 7:06 PM
1-0 city, o'donovan :)
willy bruton sent off :D

pete
08/05/2005, 7:30 PM
Daryl Murphy will be a huge loss for Waterford.

A win of any description would set it up nicely for the Setanta Cup clash on the monday.

Squad should really be itching for this one based on recent performances.

I can see Kearney getting someone sent off.

GavinZac
08/05/2005, 7:38 PM
I can see Kearney getting someone sent off.

;) :ball:

Rebal Boy
08/05/2005, 8:01 PM
I'm really looking forward to this one. I think City are going to keep the brillent away record going with a 3-0 win. Behan, O'Donovan and George with the goals. Waterford aren't as good as they were last year and will be lost without Murphy. COME ON CITY! :) :)

thecorner
08/05/2005, 8:49 PM
WUFC dont seem to be the team that they were but then again this a local derby and anything can happen

IMO this is the perfect game to bring gamble back. he must be itching to go.

put him in there with reynolds and let him know if he kicks, hes gonna be kicked back

Fair_play_boy
08/05/2005, 9:36 PM
If the current pleasant weather holds, we should have a bumper crowd.

thecorner
09/05/2005, 12:05 AM
we should have a bumper crowd.

we should have a bumper crowd regardless

A face
09/05/2005, 1:29 AM
put him in there with reynolds and let him know if he kicks, hes gonna be kicked back

Exactly ..... and about time too .... actually lads, alot of people thought that losing Rennie was a huge blow, and at the time is was (walking out the day before pen goes to paper etc.) but in Joe Gamble have we got twice the player ??

I think we do anyway !!

DolansWaistcoat
09/05/2005, 6:26 AM
Exactly ..... and about time too .... actually lads, alot of people thought that losing Rennie was a huge blow, and at the time is was (walking out the day before pen goes to paper etc.) but in Joe Gamble have we got twice the player ??

I think we do anyway !!

I don't know about twice the player,maybe 1 and a 1/2 times the player Ratnelds is. ;)

Looking forward to friday night now,it should be a cracker. :cool:

yan
09/05/2005, 8:01 PM
any realistic idea of numbers of travelling support,i mean we can all say 800-1000 or whatever but realistically how many do you think will be there, if recent years are anything to go by i reckon 400-500,3 buses-i think! and a fair few cars,

though game aswell,everyone will expect city to win by recent away form but i reckon a score draw, hopefully ill be wrong!!

A face
09/05/2005, 8:21 PM
any realistic idea of numbers of travelling support,i mean we can all say 800-1000 or whatever but realistically how many do you think will be there, if recent years are anything to go by i reckon 400-500,3 buses-i think! and a fair few cars,

though game aswell,everyone will expect city to win by recent away form but i reckon a score draw, hopefully ill be wrong!!

I thought there was more than 500 on the last few trips to the RSC, would have said definitely more actually.

yan
09/05/2005, 8:26 PM
well the space in the stand wouldnt hold much, maybe 200?? with the rest scattered around the track,ideally if we could all get into the stand it would create a super atmosphere but we all know the problems there from recent years!!!

DolansWaistcoat
10/05/2005, 6:20 AM
well the space in the stand wouldnt hold much, maybe 200?? with the rest scattered around the track,ideally if we could all get into the stand it would create a super atmosphere but we all know the problems there from recent years!!!

haha,ya I don't think the home team would be too happy giving up the only good part of their ground to the '****ies'.

ccfcman
10/05/2005, 10:37 AM
Any one else see this as an easy win for City?

kevincronin2000
10/05/2005, 11:13 AM
simple solution to the problem

arrive early and take over the stand.

once you have bought your ticket and taken your seat it will take some effort to move ye.

rebs23
10/05/2005, 1:03 PM
Any one else see this as an easy win for City?

NO! NO!

A face
10/05/2005, 1:05 PM
simple solution to the problem

arrive early and take over the stand.

once you have bought your ticket and taken your seat it will take some effort to move ye.

Now there is a plan !! ;)

Partizan
10/05/2005, 1:24 PM
what, take over the stand, tut, tut!

Lads, it aint going to happen because I'll tell you why and for a number of reasons.

1) The stand holds around 1270 paying spectators in blocks A to E. Away fans are allocated Block A which holds around 200-250. They cannot sit any where else in the stand and those not sitting in their designated seats will be asked to leave and refusal to relinquish a seat will result in removal by a steward or by a member of the Gardai who have been instructed to deal with any trouble maker in an appropriate manner; c/\wkies or otherwise.

2) WUFC has stated specifically that 200 tickets will be given to away fans. Now note you cannot gain entrance to the stand without a stand ticket. You have to pass through several burly stewards and cops if you want to try your Beamish induced strenght, but we can give you a good send off as you get carted off in the back of the paddy wagon for your nightly shower in the cop shop.

3) you trying to tell me that hundreds will be travelling from C/\wk, are you serious?

4) enjoy the view from the track and thanks for the money.

Please come again. :p

pete
10/05/2005, 2:01 PM
If WUFC do not setup a designated non-stand section for overflow of City fans i'll personally make a complaint to the FAI/eL.

If i have to stand on the track no way i'm paying fullrate as only worth student rate.

SÓC
10/05/2005, 2:12 PM
what, take over the stand, tut, tut!

Lads, it aint going to happen because I'll tell you why and for a number of reasons.

1) The stand holds around 1270 paying spectators in blocks A to E. Away fans are allocated Block A which holds around 200-250. They cannot sit any where else in the stand and those not sitting in their designated seats will be asked to leave and refusal to relinquish a seat will result in removal by a steward or by a member of the Gardai who have been instructed to deal with any trouble maker in an appropriate manner; c/\wkies or otherwise.

Why hasnt this happened before, many times City fans have spilled over into block b, didnt see any being kicked out for that?

2) WUFC has stated specifically that 200 tickets will be given to away fans. Now note you cannot gain entrance to the stand without a stand ticket. You have to pass through several burly stewards and cops if you want to try your Beamish induced strenght, but we can give you a good send off as you get carted off in the back of the paddy wagon for your nightly shower in the cop shop.

Why do WUFC sell too many stand tickets so? Consider that most people stand and that means you get a lot more people than the 250 seats in block A, then there are the City fans who sit in Block B and then the City fans left on the pitchside who also have stand tickets?

Colm
10/05/2005, 3:14 PM

Do you honestly think that, if the situation arose, they'd be stupid enough to attempt to remove hundereds of City fans?? That would only be likely to end in tears.

2) WUFC has stated specifically that 200 tickets will be given to away fans. Now note you cannot gain entrance to the stand without a stand ticket. You have to pass through several burly stewards and cops

They always sell as many stand tickets to away fans as they can, always a lot more than 200. Remember not every member of the Rebel Army will be wearing a City jersey or scarf.
As for the burly stewards, they must be new! In the past all we've had to deal with are a few pensioners and inbred looking garden knomes who look like they just turn up on the day and put on a stewards bib.

3) you trying to tell me that hundreds will be travelling from C/\wk, are you serious?

Yeah, as usual.

As Pete said, if Waterford don't allocate a proper away section yet again they should be punished for it as per the licensing laws.

Partizan
10/05/2005, 6:12 PM
boys,

you forgot our season ticket holders.

They take up quite alot of the middle block and Block B....so its looking like a tight fight for the C/\wkies in Block A.

Counting Crow
10/05/2005, 10:09 PM
boys,

you forgot our season ticket holders.

They take up quite alot of the middle block and Block B....so its looking like a tight fight for the C/\wkies in Block A.

You must be thinking of "ROW A" not Block A. Surely your 5 season ticket holders don't take up more than a seat each FFS. :rolleyes:

trevy
13/05/2005, 9:17 AM
Kick off is 7.30pm tonight lads as always at RSC and not 7.45 as it says on the Cork City fc site.We wouldn't want ye missing the first 15 minutes now ;) .

ccfcgirl
13/05/2005, 2:53 PM
Kick off is 7.30pm tonight lads as always at RSC and not 7.45 as it says on the Cork City fc site.We wouldn't want ye missing the first 15 minutes now ;) .Thanks for that info .There should be excellent city support at this game

blobbyblob
13/05/2005, 3:51 PM
Murphys playing BTW

ccfcgirl
13/05/2005, 11:17 PM
Good city support there to-night .Pity city didnt hold on after going ahead twice,After waterford going down to ten men.Good to see George getting man of the match

patsh
14/05/2005, 9:45 AM
Very, very disappointing.....
We threw away 2 points there last night.
I thought we were very flat right from kick-off. Thinking of Monday night?:mad:
Waterford are a poor side, all they really had last night was spirit and fight, and they probably deserved their point.
However, Rico could have made changes when Frost was sent off. A few changes just to slow the game down, hold on to the ball and run the clock down.
We have to play the 2 teams above us in the next two games, I think we need to get at least 4 points from those.

Rebal Boy
14/05/2005, 10:24 AM
Fantasic City support last night. We were 100 times better then the home crowd. When I was leaving the ground I was so gutted that we didn't win. That ref was a disgrace. :mad: I never saw anyone so bad in my life. :mad: Half of the offsides the linesman gave in the 2nd half were no wher near offside IMO. Atleast Shels didn't win anyway. Citys next 5 games are going to be massive ones. It will decided wheather we have a chance of winning the league or not. Let's keep the faith anyway. COME ON CITY!

Ruairi
14/05/2005, 10:38 AM
Erra, its not the end of the world. on the way down i predicted a draw. we should be killing teams off, but the rsc is a pretty tough place to go to, Waterford had a 100% record at home until last night so it's not a bad result..

Éanna
14/05/2005, 10:41 AM
Not a bad result, but we should have won the bloody game. Rico has to put Gamble back in the starting 11 asap, that way substitutions wouldn't be as much of an issue, because he'd be playing his best team. Disappointing game at the worst ground in the country

Fair_play_boy
14/05/2005, 10:47 AM
All very well seeing the glass as being half full Ruairi, but truth's the best. Getting a draw at the RSC = a top three finish in the EL at best. We have to take three points from weaker teams, no matter how tough the venue.
Comments about the ref above are spot on. He was appalling as was the linesman on the stand side. Devine made two outstanding saves in the second half, tipping the ball over the bar, and the ref signalled the ball went wide. :rolleyes: It was obvious from the very back of the stand. I am not bitching about this obviously, but it is more evidence that the standard of EL referreeing is woeful. We deserve better as supporters, and it must be a nightmare for players who expect a dividend for their efforts.

Éanna
14/05/2005, 11:47 AM
1) The stand holds around 1270 paying spectators in blocks A to E. Away fans are allocated Block A which holds around 200-250.Yet WUFC were happy to sell a lot more than that number to City fans last night- at least 300-350, if not more.

1) They cannot sit any where else in the stand
But last night were allowed to purchase tickets for the WUFC section, and then allowed sit there and/or stand in the steps.

those not sitting in their designated seats will be asked to leave and refusal to relinquish a seat will result in removal by a steward or by a member of the Gardai who have been instructed to deal with any trouble maker in an appropriate manner
which certainly didn't happen last night.

2) WUFC has stated specifically that 200 tickets will be given to away fans. They sold around twice that number to city fans last night. I spoke to a number of people who were told that the City allocation for the stand had sold out, so they just asked for a ticket for the Waterford section and were given these, despite wearing City colours

Now note you cannot gain entrance to the stand without a stand ticket.
Thats true. All you have to do is go back out and ask them to change it and they will, though.

At very least 500 City fans down there last night, i'd say it was closer to 800 myself. We had about half the stand (incl all those standing up the back) and about a quarter of those standing around the death-trap fencing.

what view?

Partizan, all jokes aside, the situation in the RSC last night was (again) very dangerous. The stand was packed beyond capacity, dangerously so, and its only a matter of time before there is a serious incident. I saw a number of punches thrown at the end of the game on the running track (who started it or why is irrelevant). The RSC is an absolute deathtrap once there's any kind of crowd down there at all, principally due to gross negligence with respect to ticket sales by WUFC. If you're not worried about that fine.

A face
14/05/2005, 1:50 PM
Getting a draw at the RSC = a top three finish in the EL at best.

Agreed .... there is no excuse for not taking the points really .... what do they need to beat teams like that ?? It is not really good enough if we are going to try and take honours this season.

Roll on Monday and sort that out !!
3 points .... in the bag !!

pete
17/05/2005, 12:36 PM
Still can't understand how we didn't win by a few goals. Waterford had 2 chances including the penalty & scored both.

Was 400-500 City fans whoich was probably 1/3 of the attendance. Home support useless as usual & barely a clap all evening. "Management" of tickets is pathetic. No numbers on tickets - how difficult is that? Wasn't just a case of people buying tickets for home section & moving to city side as stand was at least 20% over capacity.

I discovered the advantage of track around pitch - bicycle garda can use it to do laps :D