PDA

View Full Version : Cork AUL Premier & Premier A 2019/20

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

yuanchester
16/09/2019, 9:33 PM
Mossie . Quarter finals should be interesting.

SteveSilvermint
17/09/2019, 6:53 AM
Mossie . Quarter finals should be interesting.
Fancy the glen big time knocknaheeny and bohs 1 of that 3 winning it for me perse for me just can't get over the line .

yuanchester
17/09/2019, 7:08 PM
Went to see knocka Saturday v inishvilla they were excellent to be fair. Cuff and docherty a handfull fully deserved their win. On sunday I watched Glenthorn and Grattan and score didnt do grattan justice..1 very dubious penalty..Var would have overturned it.
Match of next weekend has got to be coachford and knocka.

SteveSilvermint
17/09/2019, 7:59 PM
Went to see knocka Saturday v inishvilla they were excellent to be fair. Cuff and docherty a handfull fully deserved their win. On sunday I watched Glenthorn and Grattan and score didnt do grattan justice..1 very dubious penalty..Var would have overturned it.
Match of next weekend has got to be coachford and knocka.

Coachford will be dogged in defence of cup ..good side .

yuanchester
22/09/2019, 12:56 AM
Good wins for Bohs and Glen in mossie..linnane..I took in Bohs and inishvilla but watched most from car as it was played in horrendous conditions ..Draw a fair result over 90.and extra time.
Penalties as usual are a lottery.. Good win also for macroom.v glenthorn in premier league.

SteveSilvermint
22/09/2019, 7:40 AM
Good wins for Bohs and Glen in mossie..linnane..I took in Bohs and inishvilla but watched most from car as it was played in horrendous conditions ..Draw a fair result over 90.and extra time.
Penalties as usual are a lottery.. Good win also for macroom.v glenthorn in premier league.
Both expected to advance 2 good sides it will be a very good side that will stop this glen side .

yuanchester
02/10/2019, 4:29 PM
No real drama over last weekend.. I took.in glenthorn and everton in fai cup..Everton full value for 1 nill lead.. but glenthorn completely took over in second half.

SteveSilvermint
03/10/2019, 8:59 AM
No real drama over last weekend.. I took.in glenthorn and everton in fai cup..Everton full value for 1 nill lead.. but glenthorn completely took over in second half.

To be honest there.s no interest in aul at least that's how it looks with lack of postings.

JaketheSnake
03/10/2019, 11:14 AM
I am not opening my mouth anymore

yuanchester
03/10/2019, 2:02 PM
Does this make sense..I heard at an over 35 game I was playing in that a player who played with cork city on july 1st ..can now play for a cork aul junior side.How is this allowed to happen.

Shearer
03/10/2019, 2:41 PM
Does this make sense..I heard at an over 35 game I was playing in that a player who played with cork city on july 1st ..can now play for a cork aul junior side.How is this allowed to happen.
Don't quote me on this, but there is some rule regarding the number of Senior footballers playing on a junior side.
Ballynanty Rovers in Limerick currently have about four who came from Limerick but I think you might only be allowed to have two. Whether that's only two signed, two on the field at any time or two on the match card I don't know. Think it's a recent thing.

Again, don't quote me.

yuanchester
03/10/2019, 5:14 PM
But to be fair a player who plays league of ireland on 1st of july this year should not be allowed play junior in aul in same season.. surely not untill league of ireland season over..at least. Wouldnt have been allowed happen years ago...munster senior league I understand yes.. but not junior.

SteveSilvermint
04/10/2019, 5:52 AM
But to be fair a player who plays league of ireland on 1st of july this year should not be allowed play junior in aul in same season.. surely not untill league of ireland season over..at least. Wouldnt have been allowed happen years ago...munster senior league I understand yes.. but not junior.
There are a lot of clubs in aul with senior quality players ok ...so why not better quality players in aul ..wat do guys want a meaningless title and cup win like what
S happning now there in no achievement in aul level at the minute .

overthehill
04/10/2019, 1:24 PM
No achievement? ??? Tell that to all the teams bursting a gut to improve their teams, facilities, working with little or no monetary support. You've some cheek.
Ask Village what it was like to win aoh cup, great achievement imo. Plenty good sides in aul, knocknaheeny, coachford, Bohs, Glen, Village, Pearse, etc etc.
Anyone who wins anything will have earned it.

yuanchester
04/10/2019, 1:36 PM
Stevesilvermint your comment is absolutely ridiculous. I dont know your football background but to belittle aul teams success in leagues or cups is totally unfair.. I also dont think clubs like knocknaheeny village utd coachford and glen Celtic..who all won trophys last year would agree with you. The original comment on this was of a league of ireland player been allowed play junior football in same season

SteveSilvermint
04/10/2019, 3:49 PM
Stevesilvermint your comment is absolutely ridiculous. I dont know your football background but to belittle aul teams success in leagues or cups is totally unfair.. I also dont think clubs like knocknaheeny village utd coachford and glen Celtic..who all won trophys last year would agree with you. The original comment on this was of a league of ireland player been allowed play junior football in same season
It's been in the decline I don't care what they think that's just my opinion,.. knocknaheeny and village and coachford can have a gripe as they won premier honours.so my point is big players have got to go msl and win .

SteveSilvermint
04/10/2019, 3:56 PM
No achievement? ??? Tell that to all the teams bursting a gut to improve their teams, facilities, working with little or no monetary support. You've some cheek.
Ask Village what it was like to win aoh cup, great achievement imo. Plenty good sides in aul, knocknaheeny, coachford, Bohs, Glen, Village, Pearse, etc etc.
Anyone who wins anything will have earned it.

Respects to all those clubs my opinion is mine it's a very weak aul it has been since kinsale leeside Wilton and most recently park leaving .you have your opinion the fact is not many people will agree ...most of the clubs there wouldn't pip any I mentioned for a title in not belittling the clubs that are left basically saying it's not as tough.

yuanchester
04/10/2019, 9:42 PM
Only thing I will say on msl.is that grass is not always greener on other side.. How many of all them teams have made it at msl..kinsale no wilton no park no leeside no....at junior level the champs from last year everton hammered by a very average glenthorn side. It's not just standard of aul has dropped but msl standard is very poor too.

SteveSilvermint
05/10/2019, 5:52 AM
Only thing I will say on msl.is that grass is not always greener on other side.. How many of all them teams have made it at msl..kinsale no wilton no park no leeside no....at junior level the champs from last year everton hammered by a very average glenthorn side. It's not just standard of aul has dropped but msl standard is very poor too.

If the likes of those team a struggling it tell you the opposite of what you say .. their getter harder games mate and not winning easy like the so called elites in aul...games in aul consists of 7/0 and big loses to side with 9 men and blown up with 20 mins to go ..get real thats not a challenge.

SteveSilvermint
05/10/2019, 6:30 AM
I think that answers the question when the dominant forces are struggling in their new and more competitive league it proves it

yuanchester
05/10/2019, 4:15 PM
That is certainly not the case.. all of those teams joined the msl when their time was almost up.
Wilton kinsale ..leeside park were all ageing teams and were past sell by date when they went to other league
Your kidding yourself if you think msl Is very strong .. it's not leagues is problem its attitudes
Of players in all codes. Knocknheeny coachford etc would give senior sides a good run maybe not strongest sides but lots of others.. take the likes of leeds up and down like yo.yos every year. Yes aul has weakened but it still has some decent sides in it.

SteveSilvermint
05/10/2019, 6:31 PM
That is certainly not the case.. all of those teams joined the msl when their time was almost up.
Wilton kinsale ..leeside park were all ageing teams and were past sell by date when they went to other league
Your kidding yourself if you think msl Is very strong .. it's not leagues is problem its attitudes
Of players in all codes. Knocknheeny coachford etc would give senior sides a good run maybe not strongest sides but lots of others.. take the likes of leeds up and down like yo.yos every year. Yes aul has weakened but it still has some decent sides in it.

I would say your the type of guy that would buy a throphy off gearld macarty look at it all nite and persude the whole of cork you won it competitively no talking to you mate .

yuanchester
05/10/2019, 9:32 PM
Your so wrong bud .. every trophy won is earned.. I didnt win many..might at over 35s this year....what I will say is that local football in general is in major decline at all levels ....aul.. looseing teams ..msl not as strong...shipping league a joke
.teams in that league win a trophy or 2 and are gone next year.. and to finish off.. cork city in shambles.. one of there x players is now playing aul div 2
..How about that for a career change.. .all.the best now .. we can agree to differ.

SteveSilvermint
06/10/2019, 6:19 AM
Your so wrong bud .. every trophy won is earned.. I didnt win many..might at over 35s this year....what I will say is that local football in general is in major decline at all levels ....aul.. looseing teams ..msl not as strong...shipping league a joke
.teams in that league win a trophy or 2 and are gone next year.. and to finish off.. cork city in shambles.. one of there x players is now playing aul div 2
..How about that for a career change.. .all.the best now .. we can agree to differ.
I can count at least 3 former LOI players in aul there are lots of ex city and ramblers u
18 and unders playing you big up the aul with the exception of premier it not competitve enough .

Dr. football
06/10/2019, 7:23 PM
Back to the original point you are right about LOI players, Colin Falvey did it a few years back signed for Glenthorn after LOI was finished he was with Cobh if I’m not mistaken went to Kilkenny then when LOI started back up.

SteveSilvermint
07/10/2019, 4:22 AM
Back to the original point you are right about LOI players, Colin Falvey did it a few years back signed for Glenthorn after LOI was finished he was with Cobh if I’m not mistaken went to Kilkenny then when LOI started back up.

If it makes the league stronger and more competitive who cares .the cow have 2 players that played LOI .there about 5 clubs in cork aul loaded with msl quality player and will win all the honours this year..is that fair .. depends how you look at things .

Play it out
07/10/2019, 9:02 AM
Killumney beat Glen Celtic this weekend. Grangevale beat Tower last week. Glenthorn B lost to Boscos on penalties this weekend too. The second division is highly competitive. Hibs, Killumney, Grangevale, Glenthorn B & Castleview are all looking to go up this year, there's great strength there.

The Munster Junior League Premier is very poor this year, some of those teams could hold there own there.

The AUL is certainly dropping numbers but the MJL is not a fantastic football standard itself.

SteveSilvermint
07/10/2019, 9:47 AM
Couple of big shocks there ..few wake up calls before aoh cup week.

the 12 th man
07/10/2019, 3:45 PM
Just so as we are clear where we stand here lads,the owner of the site banned the AUL Premier and Premier A thread for 2018 because of continuous bitching and fighting which rendered the thread unmanageable from every angle.

If you incur an infraction in this thread you will receive an immediate suspension as opposed to a warning.

If that doesn't work then it will end up like last years thread.

yuanchester
07/10/2019, 3:49 PM
When it comes to munster junior cup.anything can happen . Let's be fair and realistic cork clubs have no chance with the strength of limerick tipperary and waterford some teams change it up for those games ..same for Fai junior.
Knocka have not entered fai and I can see reason why..my original post re league of ireland players is that during a current season a player should not be allowed downgrade to junior football.
There was a time a senior league player couldn't play junior if he played 5 senior games .. Fai are a joke ..to be fair.

yuanchester
07/10/2019, 4:32 PM
New to this site 12th man . Just makeing a point re league of ireland players and how rules have changed ..I've actually looked over old threads from 2018 and to me it seems there are some similarities with some of those posting here.
Double identity comes to mind. Cheers.

the 12 th man
07/10/2019, 4:51 PM
New to this site 12th man . Just makeing a point re league of ireland players and how rules have changed ..I've actually looked over old threads from 2018 and to me it seems there are some similarities with some of those posting here.
Double identity comes to mind. Cheers.

No worries,take it from me that once this thread goes pear shaped there will be no saving it.The warning I posted is a genuine attempt by me to keep the thread open for guys who can talk about football without going off topic and or getting personal and losing the rag.

SteveSilvermint
07/10/2019, 5:11 PM
Chester you could go back longer...ha ha ha ..the mod has a very short fuse so double are I d and banned ..Dr football take note ..if rules are not broken by a club then all fair regardless of opinions rules are rule.not much club can rotate purposely to be fair lucky to have 11 come match day you have to go with what you have no excuses.

dahamsta
08/10/2019, 9:55 AM
I endorse this message.

Just so as we are clear where we stand here lads,the owner of the site banned the AUL Premier and Premier A thread for 2018 because of continuous bitching and fighting which rendered the thread unmanageable from every angle.

If you incur an infraction in this thread you will receive an immediate suspension as opposed to a warning.

If that doesn't work then it will end up like last years thread.

yuanchester
08/10/2019, 5:28 PM
Cheer for heads up lads .hope all can keep it to football related matters .we wont always agree but everyone can Express an opinion without it getting personal.

yuanchester
08/10/2019, 5:31 PM
Looking forward to next weekend and there are some nice games going ahead in aoh and mossy linnane.. might head to village v kanturk could be a cracker.

SteveSilvermint
08/10/2019, 5:55 PM
Il take in glen celtic game should be a great game .2 good sides .

SteveSilvermint
08/10/2019, 10:55 PM
Big win by kilumney anyone watch it ...i believe huge plans going on down there .

SteveSilvermint
09/10/2019, 9:47 AM
No info on game ? Lads what's your feeling in an Oscar trynor side...cbsl will have one of their best squads .

overthehill
09/10/2019, 1:52 PM
Some handy players in cbsl alright. Still wouldn't touch the aul squad if they put one together though. Disgrace that Cork Aul has no representative side.

SteveSilvermint
09/10/2019, 3:10 PM
Some handy players in cbsl alright. Still wouldn't touch the aul squad if they put one together though. Disgrace that Cork Aul has no representative side.

True but football you never know couple of mistakes bad calls could change a game as we know it's all on the day . obviously aul don't care enough just happy to take the perks and pose for the pics forget the people that they run the organisation for.

the hawk
09/10/2019, 3:29 PM

I would disagree on the MSL post ,There is not one AUL team that would come near winning that league and more than likely would be relegated
I played Aul for nearly 10 years and played MSL for 3 years and and the difference is frightening
When the AUL teams meet the likes of Ringmahon ,Douglas Hall ,Avondale in the cups and its 50/50 or beat them ,you have to remember these are most clubs 2nd and 3rd teams

Plus how can you say the MSL is not strong when they have the current Intermediate champions among there ranks and beat the current FAI junior champions last weekend ,When you look at Cork junior teams and they haven't had a sniff of the trophy in over 50 years

SteveSilvermint
09/10/2019, 4:20 PM
I would disagree on the MSL post ,There is not one AUL team that would come near winning that league and more than likely would be relegated
I played Aul for nearly 10 years and played MSL for 3 years and and the difference is frightening
When the AUL teams meet the likes of Ringmahon ,Douglas Hall ,Avondale in the cups and its 50/50 or beat them ,you have to remember these are most clubs 2nd and 3rd teams

Plus how can you say the MSL is not strong when they have the current Intermediate champions among there ranks and beat the current FAI junior champions last weekend ,When you look at Cork junior teams and they haven't had a sniff of the trophy in over 50 years
Great post.chestercake will have the right opinion
I'm betting.

yuanchester
09/10/2019, 7:15 PM
Stevie mint .. you could a least get name right bud.. there are teams in msl apart from the big boys who are classed as senior leeds bandon etc and what I meant was aul top teams would beat them with reguards killumney and great things...it looks like history repeating it self . Like before mercenaries getting paid ..and like a lot of other aul teams folded soon after. Second division for x cork city players is hardly an attraction its financial .and dont let anyone kid you on that.. a club I played with at senior level went that way last year and it caused a lot of friction..

SteveSilvermint
09/10/2019, 7:20 PM
Stevie mint .. you could a least get name right bud.. there are teams in msl apart from the big boys who are classed as senior leeds bandon etc and what I meant was aul top teams would beat them with reguards killumney and great things...it looks like history repeating it self . Like before mercenaries getting paid ..and like a lot of other aul teams folded soon after. Second division for x cork city players is hardly an attraction its financial .and dont let anyone kid you on that.. a club I played with at senior level went that way last year and it caused a lot of friction..
Touch of a sore loser in you I think let credit where it's due kilumney are a fine club back with a bang lot to deal with last 4 years I say it can only benefit the league .Must have something about them last result they had .

yuanchester
09/10/2019, 7:37 PM
Why would it be sore looser ..like you asked no one came on to say how that game went . Theres always shocks in fai and munster junior cups..

SteveSilvermint
09/10/2019, 7:50 PM
I'm not referring to that game and you I'm just making my judgement on how critical you are of a better league and of a club doing well.and we all know shocks and football go hand in hand.

yuanchester
09/10/2019, 7:56 PM
Your right on 1 thing when I was playing I hated looseing that is true .. and lost intermediate cup final in my playing days as well but the point I'm trying to make is that when a player chooses to play second division aul after playing league of ireland it just doesn't make sense to me unless its financial ..that's just my oppinion.

SteveSilvermint
09/10/2019, 8:10 PM
Your right on 1 thing when I was playing I hated looseing that is true .. and lost intermediate cup final in my playing days as well but the point I'm trying to make is that when a player chooses to play second division aul after playing league of ireland it just doesn't make sense to me unless its financial ..that's just my oppinion.

You not think he might just want to play aul and for them ... nothing finance wise their I say.just a bit of gratitude .knocknaheeny and the glen have been labelled mercenaries on here not fair at all just good clubs playing for their communities .

SteveSilvermint
11/10/2019, 12:11 PM

Next weekend games should give in indication on the decide between both codes excluding the senior sides hawk and if I know who I think you are you played both codes so iv a big respect for your take on it .