PDA

View Full Version : Best programme yet

Counting Crow
08/05/2005, 10:56 AM
Have to say last Friday's programme was the best yet. Excellent variety of articles and each one of them were top drawer in relation to topics.

All the regular stuff was there and bang up to date - even including the game v Shels on Monday.

Gerry Desmond's article (Get a grip) was excellent. Joe Hurley's interview with Doyler was very interesting (Doyler is class on and off the pitch) loved the piece on City's gear down through the years and the Rovers piece brought home the state that club is in.

Couple of things:
- Having read the piece on the "Programme of the Year Awards" I thought to myself "How in the name of Je$us did Waterford come 6th" last year. Can you imagine the state of the programmes from the other clubs!!!!!!" Theirs is the worst effort I have seen - even their own fans think so and refuse to buy it.
- Where was Lennox's article? I reckon he feels he can't compete with Rico's "effusive and ebullient intellectual pontificating" and has decided to give it a miss from now on. There's only so many times you can talk about new prices for tickets and new scarves in the shop :D

Rico's now gone to page 3 ;) - The Sun eat your heart out.

No wonder the things are being sold out (sorry to break the bad news Razor).

Well done lads - fantastic read. ;)

niamh
08/05/2005, 11:34 AM
Can't wait to read it when I get my hands on it then!

adamcarr
08/05/2005, 12:01 PM
First one I missed in years! Complete balls when I found out it was class!

Cosmo
08/05/2005, 6:13 PM
'Having read the piece on the "Programme of the Year Awards" I thought to myself "How in the name of Je$us did Waterford come 6th" last year. Can you imagine the state of the programmes from the other clubs!!!!!!'

Where did drogs one come :confused:

patsh
08/05/2005, 6:16 PM
'Having read the piece on the "Programme of the Year Awards" I thought to myself "How in the name of Je$us did Waterford come 6th" last year. Can you imagine the state of the programmes from the other clubs!!!!!!'

Where did drogs one come :confused:
I'd have to agree with you there.
$hels pile of sh*te was the only one worse than WUFCs I've seen so far.

pete
08/05/2005, 7:32 PM
I think i'm going to have to think of investing in subscription cos i miss all the good ones.

BOF
08/05/2005, 8:12 PM
Have to say last Friday's programme was the best yet.

Just goes to show you there is no acounting for taste. I thought it was the worst in 3 seasons.

"as i see it" was richardsons usual windy verbose nonsense including such words as "plethora", "effusive" and "ebullient", all these "cascading with great profusion" across the first paragraph---what rubbish

As for City Style----felt like watching paint dry. In fairness to the author (fashion guru Denis Hurley who is a week and a half away from his exams) he obviously put in a huge effort but interestng?? not to me it wasnt.

Getting a Grip-----hate being lectured. We pays our money (increased this year) and we are entitled to our say.

No Brian Lennox

And as for the piece entitled 'In Dire Straits':- heres the opening sentence

"You're no doubt conversant with the old adage that having dug the hole, the wisest course of action naturally enough , is to discard the shovel without delay and seek alternative salvation, because further digging serves only to deepen the hole we've gotten ourselves into. Sad to say............."

Sad to say indeed....

Padding and waffle. The whole program needed a good strong edit.

I always buy a program and I always will but Vol 22 Issue 4 was far below the standard I've come to expect.

All IMNSHO of course

b

The Donie Forde
09/05/2005, 10:40 AM
Just goes to show you there is no acounting for taste. I thought it was the worst in 3 seasons.

"as i see it" was richardsons usual windy verbose nonsense including such words as "plethora", "effusive" and "ebullient", all these "cascading with great profusion" across the first paragraph---what rubbish

As for City Style----felt like watching paint dry. In fairness to the author (fashion guru Denis Hurley who is a week and a half away from his exams) he obviously put in a huge effort but interestng?? not to me it wasnt.

Getting a Grip-----hate being lectured. We pays our money (increased this year) and we are entitled to our say.

No Brian Lennox

"You're no doubt conversant with the old adage that having dug the hole, the wisest course of action naturally enough , is to discard the shovel without delay and seek alternative salvation, because further digging serves only to deepen the hole we've gotten ourselves into. Sad to say............."

Sad to say indeed....

I always buy a program and I always will but Vol 22 Issue 4 was far below the standard I've come to expect.

All IMNSHO of course

b

Post this on corkcityfc.ie and I'll reply to it.

Donie

GavinZac
09/05/2005, 1:38 PM

Donie

what? :confused:

BOF
09/05/2005, 1:49 PM

Donie

I posted it here. If you want to reply do so but Im not posting it again.

b

tiktok
09/05/2005, 1:53 PM
I posted it here. If you want to reply do so but Im not posting it again.

b

I think TDF got in hassle with dahamsta in the past, because the latter considered his posts as advertising the Matchday Mag. It's not that he's avoiding the question.

patsh
09/05/2005, 3:24 PM
I happen to think that it was an excellent edition, but maybe Brain should resign after his shockingly unprofessional attitude in not having his coloumn in on time. Brian OUT now!

:p

jofyisgod
09/05/2005, 4:55 PM
I think the programme is great, but it has to be said that Richardson's notes are plain boring and shít, no amount of long words can disguise that.

This is no fault of the editors, or other contributors, just DR, so well done lads, and i am looking forward to getting my copy of this issue.

Fair_play_boy
09/05/2005, 6:51 PM

No Brian Lennox

Sad to say indeed....

All IMNSHO of course

bAll copies were sold out before I arrived for the game. So, if you are that unhappy with the standard, sell it to me! You can send me your e-mail address by a PM and I will buy it.
FPB.
P.S. Somehow, I don't think I will be getting a reply to this.